TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Humans: Archive through July 10, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thankfully that's a rumour I haven't heard, and possibly don't want to hear!

Presumably that means that there are many more aware synths than the little group we've been focusing on.

Did anyone else think Karen appeared more synth-like when she was by herself? I don't know if that was meaningful or if it was just to show viewers who didn't understand the bladder, that she was synth.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I started watching yesterday…and got sucked in.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, now the bad news, this is also running in england and it has a lot that is edited out of the US version for commercials. On the positive side, I was surprised to see it was going to run in BBC America - I wonder if it will include all the scenes or be the American version.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There shouldn't be that much edited out, it's a Ch4 show, which means it would probably have 42-44 minutes of actual show during the hour programme. I think on AMC there are 40-41 minutes in an hour programme, and isn't this one of those shows that goes to 3 or 4 minutes past the hour sometimes? I doubt we're missing more than a minute or two, and maybe not any.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I got it from this post here after I saw it was airing on BBC America.
It appears that the UK episodes all have a 45-46 minute run time, so obviously AMC is cutting out scenes to fit into the American standard 41-42 minute runtime in an hour.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So three or four minutes, maximum. I'm sure it'll just be cutting out some fluff. And doesn't the show sometimes run over the hour here? Something I'm watching does and I thought it was that. If there really is no fluff in a particular episode they might be letting the show go long so we can see it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
4 minutes out of 46 is 9% - granted most shows have a lot fo fluff, but others do not, like Orphan black and I think Humans, it has some, but that seems to be what they are leaving in.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I guess it could be an issue, I haven't noticed anything though, and it is a show that was developed in association with AMC, so if there are cuts I expect they are done well. It's not like when Doctor Who first came on and they cut 58mins of show down to 44. (Orphan Black is Canadian btw, not British.)

Another thing I meant to mention... Joe is part synth? He plugged the thing into himself. His blood is human (red and with David's close dna) so did daddy experiment with hybrids too? I wonder if George knew.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Isn't he the dead son so that may be how he was resuscitated, and is he the body in the car that the now called Anita is trying to rescue in her flash backs?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He looks early 20s, and if Anita's at least 14 that would match with him being that boy back then.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my guess is they cut out some of the sex scenes..dammnit lol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, boo on them then!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Well....Karen sure caught me off guard ! Does her co worker realize that she is a synth ? I thought maybe they were gonna hook up.... When she put her hand in her mouth I thought maybe she was had an eating disorder. I wondered why she locked the door , now I know why.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I have to say AMC is really stepping up with some quality programming. Walking Dead, Humans, FTWD, Hell on Wheels.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Terolyn -I agree, it's got some of the best shows.

Interesting twist on which is the right thing to do - help the synths or not help them.

Sad about George - hoped they would do more with his character. It was sweet that Odie still had a memory left to comfort him.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Pretty good season finale.

Good setup for the next season, too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a little disappointing, particularly around the magic thing they had in their head that could awake all synthkind. I expected something major to happen, instead it just woke up Max, yet curiously didn't do anything to fix poor Fred.

Interesting though that Niska took a copy of the code for herself, although she's the synth I like the least, so hope next season isn't all about her.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I just found this show last week. I've watched all but last night's episode. Love it that many of the actors have been on other British shows so I recognize them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just read something that really stinks.

We here in the US won't get the second season until 2017. The UK will have it in the fall.

Don't click the link. It has some light spoilers. This is just where I read it.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/29182/20160617/humans-season-2-spoilers-premiere

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's really funny, Naja, I was thinking about Humans today and found the very same thing! I've really been looking forward to it, so was hoping it would be on soon.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just read all your posts, I missed this last year. Anyone know where I can catch up on season 1? I'm in Canada.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Acorn TV will carry it online? They have quite a few British TV shows. They always have the Doc Martin series before it airs in the US.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking about this show a couple days ago and thought it was cancelled. Naja, ty for the info!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This will be a really long wait. Season 1 started mid June of 2015. We should already be in the middle of watching season 2 :-(

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont even know if I want to watch season 2, this show has been off my mind for so long