TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through April 24, 2018 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The last time I adopted a dog the main question was "Would she be left alone for long periods while you are at work."

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Dog Doc,
we always liked to have at least one other contact on adoption forms. You're right about leaving animals alone all day. I liked to place pairs of cats/kittens to people who worked. We usually gave a special discount on those.
The main downside of doing adopting/fostering is failed fosters - meaning after you took it into your care, hoping to find a new home for it, you couldn't bear to part with said cutie. So over 27 years I had a grand total of 287 through my care at home. I always figured for every adoption or patient that was able to go back to the shelter, that made a "hole" to be filled. The turnover was exciting. Where we live, six is the max cats allowed in a residence. I would have six and another cat with tag that seven on it, if anything happened to one of the six, Seven moved into a coveted spot. Sadly, taking in patients had consequences too, 249 adoptions 38 deaths total came to 287. For every cat I said was mine, I would have a foster. So the total was usually 12 or so. I met my husband while doing shelter work. I asked him very early on "how many cats is too many?" He said "ten". We married very soon after that.
Val

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I got my border terrier from a very reputable breeder. If for any reason I no longer wanted him, he had to be returned to her. I don't remember how it came up . . . I wrote something in my best "legalese", signed it, and sent her a copy that he would be returned to her upon my death or inability to care for him. I have NO family to whom to pass a pet to. Breeder then thought that was a good idea to do with all the pups. That would not work for the most part as most go to immediate families with two or more members.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Erniesgirl for your answer.

I have read that if you are single, you should keep a note in your purse that says you have pets at home. If you are injured and cannot respond someone will know you have a pet at home.

I have a list of 'emergency numbers' on my refrigerator. I put my neighbor's number as a contact in case I don't make it home. They are her baby sitters when I go away.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine passed away last month. She lived alone and had 3 dogs. Fortunately she was found rather quickly but because her immediate family lived out of state her dogs were taken into an animal shelter. I wish I had known because I would have gone and gotten them (although one of them is psychotic - all 6 pounds of her!) and kept them until they found new homes. As it happened one of her dogs was attacked and seriously bitten at the shelter and had to stay for a week longer to make sure there were no consequences from the bite. It was truly sad. I worried about the dog that got bitten because he was a real sweetheart and extremely sensitive.

So I guess the moral of that story is like what was written above...clearly indicate who to call if something happens to you and your dogs are left unattended.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched the show for the first time last night, because I really like Johnny Galecki. He looked and acted so different than his character on the Big Bang Theory. Made me realize how good of an actor he is.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Dog Doc,
that is a genius idea. Everyone, right now, talk to your friends and family about this, and write your own note for your purse.

Val

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That breaks my heart Roxip. I'm sure the poor dog was confused and scared and then got bitten too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I see where the actress that plays Darlenes daughter has checked herself into rehab for stress and boredom. Seems very Hollywood of her. What happened to just going to a therapist once a week or so?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's false to call illegal activities (drinking and drugging)"stress and boredom." I don't know where you read that, but it's just not true.

And yes, most addicts do go to rehab. It's the preferred treatment.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Whatever I read this morning didn't mention drinking or drugging ,only stress and boredom -but now I'm reading the actresses' own words.
It wouldn't really be all that unbelievable for a Hollywood millennial to go to rehab for boredom though.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it would be highly unlikely for anyone to give up their freedom for a rigorously regimented experience like rehab, if they didn't seriously need it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Earniesgirl. that is great!!! Ty for fostering all of those babies!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
We foster dogs and also always encourage people to get 2 if they work. We have fostered ocer 1500 dogs/pups since 2002. we fostered a couple kitten litters but determined we couldnt do cats anymore since I want to keep them all! lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I thought the same thing! His voice was more manly on Roseanne, he even looked taller and bigger. I was thinking Darlene must be tinier than Penny

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
13 million viewers per variety

i didn't see any humor in this episode (well, maybe a smile when the mom showed up) but i am still watching

some of the best animal lovers are here!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"some of the best animal lovers are here!"

So true. I absolutely love a lot of different animals...especially with mashed potatoes and a nice gravy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I'm gunna smack you!!! lol

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Attagirl, pamy.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Very funny Sanfranjoshfan, thanks for the giggle.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For some reason that made me think of Hannibal.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
will we get to discuss more dogs tonight?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It looks like there's no new episode tonight. According to my TIVO's schedule, they're airing 4 reruns of the Roseanne reboot...eps 1, 2, 4, and 5. It shows that the next new episode is set to air on May 1.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
wonder why?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Probably because NBA playoffs are on tonight. Go Warriors!