TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 17, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through April 17, 2018 users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I find the re-boot so far, so good.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Lake - I don't disagree with you. If a show was overly political, and didn't align with my politics I likely wouldn't watch it either. But other than the first episode, Roseanne hasn't been political, and even that was done in a funny way I thought.

Because they aren't trending that show to be political (which it never was in the past), I'm sure that's why I'll continue watching (as long as it stays funny).

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Wow! Why so many angry posts regarding a sitcom. I have always loved this show and it’s a breath of fresh air being most other shows on tv are so hateful toward our president.

It was the middle class who voted for our President. Rosanne said her show is about middle America and the struggles, that it made sense that her character would vote for Trump.

I watch shows I like regardless of the spin. I also don’t vote by gender, or color. I vote for policies. That’s how Rosanne explained her characters views

Kudos to Rosanne for being a tough strong woman to bring her show to reality.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
the ratings are still good

06-29-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Reminder: NO MORE POLITICAL posts. Please pay attention to the moderator messages, or you will find your posts deleted.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have been wondering why there has been no mention of Jackie's son, can't remember his name.

DJ has had probably less than a dozen lines to date.

Roseanne has never been nor ever will be a good actress, she simply doesn't have that kind of talent. She had some funny comedy routines and parlayed that into a successful TV show.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering about why no mention of Jackie's son either

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Have they mentioned their friend who married Dan’s father. She also worked with them when they worked at the plant

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
That was Crystal, and she had 2 kids
Also there friend Nancy who came out as gay ( she was married to Arnie) lol

This show has a lot of splaining to do.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Emma Kenney who plays Harris, Darlene's daughter --

Link

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I know it’s just (TV reality) but in this reality how could Becky have gotten away with being 33 when a fertility Dr would need a persons medical records which would state her real age ? Lol 😝

Also I guess we know that Roseann drives for Uber to make money.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was reading that Jackie's son, Andy, was only left out of the show because they had too many things they had to stuff into this short 9 ep season. They said if they get renewed for season 2, we will be hearing about Jackie's son.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Are there really rescue organizations that would tell someone Jackie's age that she is too old to adopt a dog. It would be put to sleep instead.

It sounds like PETA is writing for this show.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I’ve never heard of a shelter turning away someone. But Golden Retriever rescues that are very stingy where the dogs go. No apt or condo living.

Btw seniors adopt dogs all the time, and in the real world a little mutt would never be turned away from a senior citizen

Also this was a very bad message they are sending out, that a person older can’t adopt dogs. Shame on them. Ugh

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They were making a joke about how restrictive many rescues are. Many of them won't consider you if you have any kids, etc. So, I totally got where the humor was coming from as having been there with "rescues". Did anyone recognize the lady running the rescue -- she was from Better Call Saul.

I feel like I didn't watch the final few seasons of Roseanne because I didn't know a lot of stuff about marriages and kids etc. I've had to read the wiki. I remember loving the first few seasons. I'm enjoying this one so far.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's how I saw it, Brenda. An exaggeration of what really happens. I know a cat shelter in Chicago that won't place some of their more sensitive or older cats in homes with children. There were other rules they had, but I don't remember them.

And yep! I sure did recognize Saul's GF. It was her voice.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I volunteer for a local rescue (from which we adopted our Lexie), in addition to walking the dogs in boarding and taking them to adoption events, I have recently become involved in applications. We "vet" the apps to best match a potential adopter with the dog they are interested in. Many things come into play, most depending on the dogs personality, as well as the living situation of the applicant. Age doesn't enter into it, unless it was a super active dog with alot of energy that was applied for by a single elderly woman. And even then, if the meet and greet goes well, we don't say "no", but we will advise them that the dog may be too much for them.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I can see vetting for living conditions for the pet to be adopted.

I don't think it was funny when they told Jackie it wasn't fair to the dog to be adopted by her because she could die and leave the dog alone.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
don't want to interrupt this important conversation but just want to insert that this show had 13.5 million viewers. doing good!

everyone should adopt a pet!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How old is Jackie supposed to be anyway?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think she is in her 60's. One foot in the grave.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL ... I guess if you're on TV that's the way they look at it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Bump for Tuesday!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
When I volunteered doing adoptions, I can't tell you the number of times an obviously old voice over the phone would be requesting a tiny (no older than four weeks), fluffy, orange kitten. When I tried to say " we match our senior kitties with senior citizens, they generally understood. Also, the senior in question needed to give us family contacts who agreed to assume ownership should anything happen to them. We would also let them know that kittens couldn't even come into the shelter due to dangers of infection, and that if they were still with their mother in a foster home, that the usual age would be 12 weeks.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Erniesgirl, did a single person adopting an animal have to list contacts in case something happened to them? Accidents do happen.

There is a local group that places only senior pets. I admire them.