TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Crossing: Archive through April 08, 2018 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody else? I thought it has potential. They're pushing it as a new Lost. So far I like it. We'll see where it goes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked it! I thought I knew what it would be like, but it surprised me. Looking forward to seeing more.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was good. From the previews I thought it would be a bit like the show where the people came back from the dead, but it has a lot more than that. Good cast too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 1:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It kind of reminds me of "The 4400". I'm intrigued....but I wish that woman didn't have super powers so she could jump 75 feet and out of a second floor window. We see superpowers like that in almost every new show these days!

Maybe I'm just old, but I'd be happy with good writing and a great story more than yet another show about people with superpowers. Superpowers just can't beat an unpredictable story with great characters.

I don't see how this can be compared to Lost, though. The big draw with Lost was the huge mystery of the island. We already know the premise of The Crossing. (Even the 4400 kept us guessing for a few seasons!) My guess with this one is that these people who showed up here in the present will turn out to be the origin of the mutants who want to take over the world in the future. Could be a good show, but I'm not expecting any huge mystery.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I saw the first episode and it looks interesting. It's on my DVR so I will see what happens. It could be a very good show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I feel the same, the topic is so deja vu however I am curious to see if there is a more interesting spin to this time travel and if they can explain how they travel, could they also go back into the future, and how and when did they start to change the DNA to create super humans (for once it's not robots).

It's going to take several episodes to give us an answer and I'll be patient if they can keep my attention.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It seems like a fairly intriguing show. I'll keep watching.

They are big on advertising it as being by "the creators of Lost". I have a love/hate relationship with Lost. It was one of my all time favorite series but I found the ending to be very unsatisfying. Too much was left unresolved and unexplained and it just didn't fit together well.

Of course, it doesn't mean that this show will be like Lost.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked it, will keep watching for now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm okay with super-powered humans. It seems a fair leap considering technological advances.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was interested that they evolved to not eat meat.. Or not from live animals.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They may have just run out of it or it became too expensive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I hope they explain the evolution of many things!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"and how and when did they start to change the DNA to create super humans"

We know that there are now people with superpowers who traveled from the future to the present. These "super-people" must have altered genes or something. If they breed with present day humans, it could conceivably (in time travel fiction, anyhow) result in future generations that evolve into the evil mutants of the future.

Yeah, the future war is only a few hundred years away but with fictional DNA from the future, I'm sure hybrids can change drastically in just a few generations. :-)

And I wouldn't be surprised if we learn that women pregnant with hybrids will have babies that grow up super fast and maybe even have super short gestation times. They do that a lot in shows like this because they don't want to have a huge time jump of 25 years to get an adult hybrid character to carry plot lines. Come to think of it, that's exactly what they did on The 4400.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I knew you were out there, SFJF! I was thinking this is your type of show!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also thought of SFJF while watching this.

I always appreciate your insights on these shows!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought this looks interesting...then saw it say from the producers of LOST...nope! not going to go down another rabbit hole with them

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL I don’t blame you for that, Pamy. I don’t want to waste my energy there either.

Unless things change a lot and they introduce some very complex mysteries, this show doesn’t seem much like Lost at all. In fact, it seems pretty straightforward.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It has potential but I was a bit put off by the superhuman stuff. We’re recording it for now and will watch a few more shows to see how it goes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about the superhuman powers, but it was pretty awesome when she went through that window! 😎

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think the superhuman spin is what kept my attention, time travel was just too much deja vu, but the new breed of humans is an interesting twist to this popular time travel theme.

Someone here said that we're already starting towards that scenario, I admit we do have technology that can replace missing legs or arms and it's getting better and better with the robotic tech to help workers lift weights or for repetitive tasks, then we have cybernetic tech and nano tech, and even microchips implanted in the hand (in Sweden they love it) even if it has high security risks since they can be hacked and privacy no longer exist, there is talk of even implanting the chip into the brain, and there are already some humans who called themselves cyborg because of such implants and do not consider themselves 100% humans anymore (this is not sci-fi, it's happening, an Italian documentary on this opened my eyes, I couldn't believe it). Ever heard about the term Transhumanism? Well, many people believe it's the near future. Sure, they also talked about a chip that would read our thoughts and that is coming very close to fiction, but it's in the works.

So, that aspect of the series is fascinating and it's quite possible that in the future it's no longer robotic, cybernetic, nano or other, but DNA manipulation and that's too close to horror sci-fi, but I hope this series is just mystery sci-fi...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We decided to give it a few more episodes but so far it doesn't seem particularly fresh, new or innovative.

Lost was such a good show for the first few seasons. Very disappointing later and an anemic ending.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Lost was brilliant until it wasn't.

I'm still giving this one a chance though it being advertised as by the "creators of Lost" isn't much of a plus for me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and honestly they did the same thing with Once Upon a time, imo

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lost was brilliant until it wasn't.

Agree 100%, Jimmer. Although I don't think I'm as bitter about the ending as a lot of people were. It is what it is. I enjoyed watching it for many years and won't hold it against them if the ending was not what I expected. Life is too short.

Pamy, I'm with you on OUAT. I've been a faithful fan since the beginning, but this year it took a left turn with the introduction of all the new characters and the new location (Hyperion?). I've gone back and forth about dropping it, but now that I know this is the last season, I'll stick with it till the end.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax,I was going to do the same but I just dont care about any of them anymore.

Jimmer's line ...I also totally agreee!!