TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 03, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am not really emotionally affected when anyone dies in either any more. The most I can say is that sometimes I think "wow, that was a stupid decision by the producers/writers to kill off that character."

In fact, I don't even watch any more. I record and listen to it while I work, and occasionally glance over if it seems interesting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am attached to Nick, although he is often annoying, but when he was holding the button on the dam I did think that I really didn't want him to press it. I like Alicia as an interesting character but I'd be okay without her. Strand is good tv. Daniel is good tv.

With TWD I'd be highly traumatised if anything happened to Daryl or Rick. I could only cope with the other big death because they teased us before and then I heard comic book spoilers so I was prepared.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Did I hear correctly? Did Madison say FU Nick?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, Pamy, you did hear correctly. They were joking about that on Talking Dead. That you only get to say it once every so often. Then the host asked his producers if he could say it, and apparently the answer (into his earpiece) was a resounding no! LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!!! I kinda of laughed because honestly what mother hasnt thought that when our teen boy was backtalking us. lol

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
This was a good season. I was surprised when Nick dropped the F bomb when he saw the horde in the episode prior. Then I was surprised Chris actually thought they'd bleep Madison saying it.

I was beginning to warm to Troy and was interested in where his character would go. And that is obviously no where. I guess we won't see Diane again either since she's in that cast.

It was sad to see Ofelia die but I wasn't too bothered about any of the others. I wonder who will survive this episode. It will be a long wait to find out.

I have a like hate thing for the Madison character. I do think the show needs a character like her.

I am realllllyy looking forward to the new season of TWD. And the specials should be interesting.

I wonder if the Proctors will figure in any cross over of characters.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
SPOILERS:

Well we know for sure Troy is gone. Nick was still alive with Daniel & Madison was still alive. We saw Strand float by without any fanfare. There was no sign of Alicia. What a long strange trip this was.

Now who what & where will they take us next?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when this show starts up again?

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
no date has been set that I can see. I assume August 2018 like the other seasons.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It might be a bit earlier than that, last season it started in June and they still had to double up some episodes to get it finished before the TWD premiere.

TWD starts back on Feb 25th, so if there are no double ups Episode 16 will air on April 15th, so the weekend after is the earliest it could be.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
https://tvline.com/2018/01/13/fear-the-walking-dead-season-4-premiere-date-amc/

Looks like they will double up on a TWD episode to start FearTWD one week earlier, as the premiere date is April 15th.

Also note this:

quote:

The fourth season of Fear TWD “will see the world of Madison Clark and her family through… the eyes of Morgan Jones,” as The Walking Dead‘s Lennie James officially joins the cast. “The characters’ immediate past mixes with an uncertain present of struggle and discovery as they meet new friends, foes and threats. They fight for each other, against each other and against a legion of the dead to somehow build an existence against the crushing pressure of lives coming apart,” per the official logline.

I don't know what to make of it, it makes me think that the rumours of a time jump are correct, and it's current Morgan who meets up with the future FearTWD people, and we see the gap between then (current FearTWD time from season 3) and now (current TWD time, which is about two years after current FearTWD time) in flashback.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
thank goodness you keep us informed on the timelines, I would never figure it out!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I don't know if that's what they're going to do, it's just the way they phrased it. "Through the eyes of Morgan" makes me think it's not just a normal case of him joining the cast, but something involving more of a retrospective on what's happened.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I don't know what to make of it, it makes me think that the rumours of a time jump are correct, and it's current Morgan who meets up with the future FearTWD people"

A FTWD time jump is what I'm hoping for!

I am so over having to resolve the two timelines to keep the two shows in the proper context with one another. I didn't want to have to watch Morgan's new story line knowing that it was all just a flashback from TWD's POV. Hey, we already know that Morgan...I want to see how our current, more stable, Morgan deals with the FTWD folks. Maddie's group could use a bit of stability in their ranks.

A current Morgan entering the show after a FTWD time jump would work out great. Even that comment about FTWD being seen "through the eyes of Morgan" makes sense that way. Morgan would be an outsider coming into the FTWD world without knowing anything about Maddie & Co have gone through. In fact, for all we know, Morgan may see Maddie's family as a group of murdering bad guys since he'll only know them for what they have become, not who they had always been, which was two school kids with school counselor mom, especially if he learns that every community they've joined has ended in the destruction of that community. (Of course, if there's a time jump, then maybe Maddie & Co will have settled down and become a bit less murdery than they've been during the first couple of months of the FTWD apocalypse!)

I have my for a FTWD time jump that will finally synchronize both WD worlds. That would allow the FTWD group to rest and regroup for some period of time. So far, FTWD has been continuous fighting and roaming since Day 1, IIRC. Hasn't the FTWD timeline only been 6-8 weeks or so? (I think I remember someone on TD saying that when Maddie & Co got to the ranch, it was around the same time Rick first woke up in the hospital.)

I think FTWD needs a little reset and I think Morgan is the perfect character to bridge the two Dead worlds unite the two timelines.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, FTWD is only a couple of months into the zombie apocalypse, and a few weeks since Rick woke up.

I think it would be quite a good storyline if Morgan encounters the group and thinks they are a group to fear, and only after watching them, or being forced to work with them for some reason, understands that they are just people getting by, like everyone else.

I wonder if they are planning a kind of franchise finale which (briefly) brings the two worlds together. If there were say, two seasons left of each, they could wrap everything up on TWD with some sort of stable ending (like them finding a proper, safe community) and bring FTWD up to the timeline of TWD, joining the two casts together for the last one or two episodes, with them joining in their happy ending finale. That might be quite neat.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"(like them finding a proper, safe community)"

I have thought about what that would look like for years and I have come to the conclusion that there can be no such thing as a "proper safe community" in the Walking Dead world.

Bottom line - it can never ever be "safe" unless no one ever dies....and sooner or later everyone dies. I guess a community could create safeguards like maybe a "buddy system" so no one will ever have a chance to die without someone else knowing about it....but even if such a plan could work, it would require 24/7 vigilance and constant paranoia. It might be safer but it could never be a truly happy existence knowing that at any given moment Mom, or Uncle Frank, or the old lady next door could drop dead and surprise their loved ones by chowing down on them without warning.

And this could happen no matter how perfect and fortified their physical living arrangement is. The fact is, Alexandria was a perfect example of a "proper safe community" and we saw how that worked out. As long as the virus and/or power hungry A-holes exist in that world, there will be no "proper"or "safe" community.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
very true! I wonder how long Alexandria would have lasted if Rick never showed up. I really am considering him the bad guy more these days

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, have you watched the zombie move "Warm Bodies?" I was thinking more an area like that. I know they can never be safe from people inside the community dying and turning, but perhaps they find people living in a pseudo-normal, physically protected city, so they are at least safe from outside attack.

I'm sure there would be some uprisings from time to time, but I'd hope society could rebuild to that extent.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, I've seen that, Kitt. It was a lot of fun!

I think I've become cynical about the people in the world being cooperative and and/or what real "safety" means. We don't even have a zombie apocalypse going on but as of today, there are wars and insurgencies and conflicts happening all over the globe. Military coups and invasions happen. Aside from global events, there are home invasions, murders, robberies, and kidnappings happening in most cities in this country. Meanwhile, millions of people right here in one of the safest countries on earth want a wall built between us and our neighbor country to the south. Paranoia abounds. Fear is always there. And we have leaders who exploit that fear simply to gain more political power.

Danger from living humans is the worst danger of all whether we're talking about in RL or the WD world.

In a zombie apocalypse, resources become unavailable and cooperation morphs into a fight for power. There will always be bullies that believe "might makes right" and without law enforcement and a justice system, that belief will be tested time and time again.

"Warm Bodies" was a romcom and if I recall correctly, it didn't really address wandering gangs wanting to take over peaceful communities, did it? And the safe communities in that movie didn't rise up after everything was destroyed, did they? I seem to recall that they had seen what was happening and they had the foresight to make what they already had a lot safer, much like they did in Alexandria on TWD. It's a lot easier to protect what one already has than to build it up again out of utter destruction. TWD is already a destroyed world. Their resources are just leftovers and scraps of what once was...and nothing new is being built.

In a world like the one inhabited by TWD, there will always be the danger of walkers from within, but with an absence of extensive resources and infrastructure, there will always be the danger of invasion from humans outside as well.

The only way I can envision a "happy ending" on WD is if the virus is eradicated...but without medical and pharmaceutical infrastructure, trained scientists and and the advancement of epidemiology knowledge, that's about as likely as Superman swooping in to save the planet.

As sad as that sounds, I think it's the beauty of this show. Most shows have an option of some kind of happy ending. It's what we're used to and what many of us expect....but TWD is different. It isn't and never has been about a path to safety. It's about relationships and the journey of survival in a world gone insane. They can find ways to live "safer" but every single human, living or dead, is a variable that cannot always be controlled.

Yes, I have a very pessimistic outlook for the WD world, but as long as the good guys stick together, there will be some happy moments along the way. It's the journey that counts, not a happy ending, even in the real world. Remember, WE WILL ALL DIE in the end. It's how we lived that makes life worth living.

And, to me it's still "just a story". :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was romcom really. And even then some of them had found a sneaky way in and out of the compound, even though the walls looked invincible.

There could be a (kind of) eventual happy TWD ending if they find babies are immune. Maybe it will end with Judith or Grace being bitten, and getting better. So the happy ending would just be hope for the next generation, with the adults' job in life being to make more babies and get them to the age where they could fend for themselves.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
On the more practical/business side of the equation....would Robert kirkman even agree to a happy ending for the series? I'm just guessing here, but I don't see him wanting to end the comics any time soon, considering they're so popular and they make money...and the comics have already been in production for 15 years (they started in 2003).

I would think some kind of happy ending with a nice safe community that keeps all the danger out could hurt the ongoing comic franchise. Knowing that there is a cure or some other kind of happy resolution to the zombie apocalypse in the tv series could adversely affect how the comic fans relate to the comics. Yeah, the comics/series have taken different paths along the way but it's still the same basic "universe", as far as I know. If I was a comic fan, I'd be bugged to learn that there was already a happy ending created and shown in the series. Likewise if I heard that they created a cure in the comics it would change how I view the series.

I will agree that that there is always a possibility for a happy ending to TWD depending on what the creator and writers want to do. But for me, personally, it would suck to wrap this dark and dramatic series up in a nice little happy ending. It would be as disconcerting to me as it would be if the finale was Rick waking up in the hospital after having a bad dream.

I personally don't think every story should have a happy ending.

But hey...that's just me. I'm dark and demented. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-)

I wonder how much Kirkman has a say. But I agree it would suck to be a comic reader knowing or thinking that the end of the story you haven't yet read is already known.

The hopeless romantic in me would like a happy ending. Or at least a hopeful one with a more than 50:50 chance things would go well.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I still like the ending I imagined a season or so ago....an older woman gets out of her rocker to go a supply run or to clear some building and she puts on a ratty old sheriff's hat. As she leaves someone says "Be safe, Judith"!

Maybe she could even be playing with a few of her grandkids before she left... :-)

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I like that SanFran

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Aha! Maybe my chosen ending to the series (see above) will actually come true. In the latest episode of TWD, Carl gave Judith his ratty old hat!