TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through April 11, 2018 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Grooch, this is the issue some are having with it:

Jared Yates Sexton Verified account @JYSexton

The one where your character’s support of Donald Trump was framed simply as an economic choice. They have real concern this is sanitizing a really problematic worldview and dismissing the inherent bigotry.

Roseanne Barr Verified account @therealroseanne

oh, really? which episode r they uncomfortable about? the one where we get a dog or my mom gets a boyfriend or I drive for uber or darlene gets a new job or david comes back? which ones monetize trump's base?

6:40 AM - 1 Apr 2018

I think Sarah Gilbert is heavily involved in the production of the show, so I hope it goes well for her, but she's such a sweetheart that she wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings and I do wonder if she let the "sanitization" go to make Roseanne happy. That's fine in some ways, but not if Trump's going to use it as a propaganda piece.

I never watched Roseanne in the past, so I'm not going to start now, but I saw the ratings slipped by 25% last night, so they will have to be careful.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't know that I am boycotting her show, I am just not watching because I don't think she is funny. I just think she is a very crude woman.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Re the ratings slip: yeah, I think a lot of folks were curious, I watched.

But it was after the premiere that she made that awful tweet, and even though I found it moderately amusing, I won't watch again.

You don't spread lies about child trafficking. That's over the line for me.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think the rating slip could have to do with last nights show, I thought it was boring. What I noticed last night (maybe I missed it 1st 2 episodes) Rosanne seems to be acting vs being real. She shouts out her lines rather than being real.

I think she may need to brush up on her skills. Jmo

I’m confused did they even address David as this kids dad? Is he not even in Darlene’s kids life? She wanted to move back to Chicago but nothing about living with dad. What did I miss the 1st episode

And what happened to Jackie’s kid? (I may have forgotten) or did they ever say in 1st episode

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I forgot to set it to tape, so I missed it. And from what y'all are saying, it seems I didn't miss much at all.

I'm in Canada, so it won't affect her ratings if I watch. If it did I would definitely boycott. Although I enjoyed the balanced view shown by her sister Jackie last week. I hope it stays balanced, otherwise I'm gone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I believe the ratings count as watched if you tune into any part of the show, so people starting the show but then getting bored and turning channels, still counts as a watch for the ratings.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, sorry I can't answer your questions. The show has left a lot of things unanswered but they have plenty of time to fill in information.

Looking forward to more of this show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that a ratings slip was inevitable. The huge ratings for the first shows were the surprise, not that they have fallen.

I've never been a big Rosanne fan, but I would have watched the first episodes just out of curiosity if I had remembered they were on.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Never liked her original show.... so, won't watch her now. Not even curious.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, that article was so impressive. I didnt know he was a writer!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the shower scene at the end LMAO!!!

also loved the line about the kids in time out thinking why isnt this loser spanking me hahahahha!!!!

I literally LOL at every ep so far!!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I won't watch because Rosanne is crude, rude, bigoted, and a liar in real life. I do believe that she is funny and if she had even a little bit of decency, I would support the show.

Thank goodness for Sarah Gilbert. I do hope that she can somehow keep things on an even keel by keeping the sister, Jackie in the spotlight. Hopefully this will help show viewers a balanced America.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I have no problem seeing both sides of the political spectrum. Most show on TV show the liberal side of things so maybe this will help balance things out. I won't watch because I didn't find it funny.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
lets check it out again tonight

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
cant wait!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
it was on the serious side but i really enjoyed the dog training part -- a free thinker. lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I know. I felt so bad for Becky

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She's really not a bad actress for having been a child actress. Her tears seem so real, I even got teary eyed. So is that the last we will see of the actress that played the other Becky?
And I noticed the In Memorium at the end for the actor who played mark.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing! I think at this point she and Jackie are the best actors on the show...the others are still needing to settle back into their roles

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
re other Becky...I am hoping they find out the doc was wrong and she can stillhave a baby!

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I'm about as far opposite politically from Roseanne as possible I think, but I have to say - I'm loving the reboot.

I do find it funny. There are a lot of things I might would not watch because I disliked the main person in it for one reason or another, but if a sitcom is funny, I'll watch typically.

I don't have to follow her in the news or on social media.

To the comments from last week about people saying that they felt the explanation of why she voted for Trump "sanitized" the whole issue, I think we're forgetting that not everyone who voted for that idiot is a racist bigot. Sure, there are a lot of them, but there are a group of Republicans that held their nose and voted for him based on things like economy because there was no way in hell they'd vote for Clinton (because she's a woman, because she's a Clinton, because HER EMAILS ... whatever, pick your reason - and boy doesn't "because her emails" seem small compared to the issues we're seeing today). I think it's unfair to paint this with the brush that they are ignoring the whys and whos of voter demographics on 45.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
alot there in your post I disagree with Wow. I haven't really even noticed a political bend on her show, sans the first episode of course. But if the show was overly political and I didn't agree with the politics ,I could understand why someone wouldn't watch it. I won't watch kimmel or Colbert.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't have to hold my nose to vote for my president.

I am glad the last couple shows haven't been political.

06-29-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Please continue any further political discussion in the N & V area. Thank you.