TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through April 07, 2018 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Rufus Sewell

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That's too bad the way they ended the short series on the spy network created by the Cecils. I was curious to see how Cecil uncovered the 'main plot' in 1603 and the imprisonment of Walter Raleigh, but none of that, it was mostly about the gunpowder plot in 1605 to continue the story of the elusive priest and Cecil's relentless search for him only to see him escape once more and so the series ended on that note, you almost want to believe it's a cliffhanger, but it's not. There is really nothing else to tell about Cecil as he would die a few years later and James 1 would rely on his 'favorites'.
The spy network of Cecil would marvel at the modern British Secret Services... it all started with the Cecils.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Those Frontline documentaries always amaze me and Part 1 of the 'two bitter rivals, Iran and Saudi Arabia', although very well done, left me indifferent, what am I supposed to feel when watching, take sides??? Nope, I couldn't care less, I feel no sympathy whatsoever, I don't favour any totalitarian countries, Iran and Saudi Arabia, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, Pakistan, Lebanon and even Israel who should know better to stay out of the mess, but no, they're always at each other's throats, and we should have learned our lesson to stay out of it. don't meddle in their mess, I always considered them a big nest of wasps, leave them alone or you'll be sorry. I'm afraid though that the more they fight amongst each other the more they spread their terror until we too get caught in their nest. We have to learn to stay out of it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The second part of Frontline on Iran and Saudi Arabia illustrates even better how these two enemies are waging their wars outside of their own countries in territories already weakened politically like Yemen, Syria and Iraq, never taking responsibilities for their own crimes, and constantly blaming each other.
That Russia and United States are helping one side against the other only makes matters worse and this is why I believe they should stay out of it. These Arab countries will always fight, outsiders, like the US and Russia by intervening will only stoke the fire, they are too divided in their religion, shia against sunni. Of course, I feel a bit nervous thinking that if one prevails over the other they will become too powerful and will spread to Europe, Africa, South East Asia, etc... ooops, isn't this what's happening already? For now, we see these countries fighting each other, it would be like horror science fiction to see their power overcoming the rest of the world in the future.

Ann

09-27-2005

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife begins March 25th

Little Women May 13th

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have been re running last season of Call the Midwife on Wednesdays and have had marathons of older seasons recently. On Sunday they are re running the Holiday Special.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Ann - thank you for posting those dates!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Looks like we get two new episodes of Call the Midwife on Sunday!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes!

I am approaching this season with some apprehension, due to spoilers I do not like.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh,no.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
LOL!!!! for a second I thought I was in the Survivor Ghost Island thread!!!

Never watched the show you're referring to... but everyone on here seems to really like it... will have to give it a whirl sometime.

:-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Both good episodes. It always brings tears to my eyes and makes me smile. I love that you can miss great characters but any new characters brought in really fit as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet, but have them recorded.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I couldn't wait. Watched them both.

Trixie (the actress) was pregnant during filming and they worked around that but finally she had to be off.

Her husband is the actor who plays Tom.

Good episodes.

Love the new midwife.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey I hope the writers leave Doctor and Shelah alone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The guy who plays the doctor is marred to the series writer.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh good, then he won't leave unless he wants to. I'm glad he stopped smoking.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! They are still showing smoking on the show to be historically accurate, but that is hard to watch.

Apparently, smoking is being included in shows from streaming services at an alarming rate, since on screen smoking seems to influence some people to smoke.

I don't stream, so had no idea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/19/streaming-services-like-netflix-have-more-sex-violence-and-it-turns-out-smoking/?utm_term=.6c39eff8b52c

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Interesting 90 minute Masterpiece movie tonight -- The Child In Time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded that.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
A new mystery show called “Unforgotten” starts Sunday. It has Nicola Walker from Last Tango in Halifax. Looked interesting I think I will give it a go.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Vickie. I'm going to check it out also.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Regarding A Child In Time. I hated the ending. I felt I'd been cheated.

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgrandma - I had taped the show, but read that the ending was kind of a non-ending and that a lot of people were disappointed, so I ended up not watching it.

Call the Midwife has been so good this year. It always amazes me how they pick up each new season without missing a beat or changing the feel. I really like the new nurse, Lucille.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Lucille a lot!

And you sure can see that Trixie is played by a pregnant actress. They are dressing her to camouflage, but it shows.

The sixties hairstyles are fun.