TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 06, 2018 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We had guests last night so I taped it and can't wait to watch it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thankyou TV Watcher, that was it Bones, I kept trying to remember which Characters had gone out the to Amish community and couldn't remember.

The beginning and ending were the same but the middle part was different....different killer/motive than the one on Bones.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
So sad I missed Jesus Christ Superstar. I wonder if it will be televised again. Has anyone heard anything about a repeat?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You can watch it on NBC.com.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I taped JCS last night and watched it tonight. I thought it was amazing. You could definitely tell the difference between the broadway experienced and the not, but I thought John Legend did an amazing job.
BUT,, my video cut off right at the beginning of, I guess, the curtain call. Did they not show the resurrection?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No. They had the cross go into the light, then all that was left was the light. I don’t think the original production went into the resurrection either.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have seen the musical several times, but had forgotten it ended that way. I guess in my mind, I am confusing a version I saw with Ben Vereen as Judas where he descended from the sky to start Jesus Christ Superstar.
I

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have only seen the movie, and that was only about a year ago.

And I have to to say that Sara Bareilles version of "I Don't Know How to Love Him" is so much better than Yvonne Elliman's.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I'm old enough to remember it was quite controversial when first released. I remember many Christians boycotting it for that very reason - no resurrection. Even Billy Graham complained about that.

Keep in mind that the original play was meant to leave doubt about the nature of Jesus. Mary "he's just a man"... Judas - also calls him a man in his first song, being made into a myth by his followers. Jesus doesn't actually heal anyone in the crowds (in the original, not sure about last night's version), there are many other clues - Jesus' doubts, etc.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I remember it as you wrote. I did not see last nights version, but you were pretty accurate..Of what I remembered and the controversy that followed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In my last post comparing Yvonne and Sara, I meant that I also watched last night's production as well as the movie.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Kar, I am remembering all that now. I am old enough to have forgotten. LOL I was in 7th grade in 1971 when the album was released. I remember our youth leader played it in MYF. I had never heard of it or the controversy, but I can picture myself in the basement of the church listening to it. I still remember the feelings and emotions that music brought out in me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Texannie.

I remember because we performed several of the songs in our high school musical. So we got some of the backlash too. You don't forget that.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Watched Chicago PD tonight, wow, it was a good one, timely !!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was a rerun. Of the three Chicago shows, P.D. is my favorite.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thanks Color, I dont have cable and am always late to the party, but I catch this show randomly and I always like it, Last nights show 'Snitch' The last 5 min's had me holding my breath. The emotion was so strong and my heart was racing. Its a good show.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Chicago Fire is my favorite. All three are excellent shows.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think Dick Wolf's New York shows are better than his Chicago shows. Maybe because I pay more attention to scenery, settings, etc. than stories. (I heard Roosevelt BLVD. No, it's Roosevelt RD. BIG mistake.) I'm in the 'burbs west of Chicago. One brief scene in a Chicago Fire episode was filmed in the 'burbs about five miles from me at my first place of employment. There was a beefcake scene in one of the first few episodes of Chicago Fire. After seeing that I've never expected much out of the series. Mostly pretty people.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lazylu. They're all 3 good shows, but Chicago Fire is my favorite, too.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, Good story lines and people that care about each other. I never got into the PD one because the guy in charge was a crooked cop. My husband watches PD every week, I watch it off and on.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Exactly!.. me too (on everything you wrote) :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
:-)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
DH and I have been watching AND LOVING ‘The Detail’ but it is a bit annoying that I haven’t read any reviews that credit Scott & Bailey from which it is obviously a direct adaptation. I do hope they change some of the storylines once they set up the characters so there is a bit of mystery left to figure out. Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 06, 2018 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watch Chicago Med only.