TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through March 31, 2018 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Pretty good so far. Anyone think it's ironic that Darlene's son is named after his dead uncle? Wonder if they will address that at some point?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
missed that heckagirl

lol at jackie saying sorry and roseanne saying i forgive you

they act like they have been together all of these years

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I really liked the two episodes that aired tonight. It was so easy to get back into the Connor routine.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
i am a white witch

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
It was so weird that Becky is 42. That’s the age Rosanne Connor had a baby. I wonder if Darlenes hubby David will make some appearances even tho he is still on his other series. I kinda want to see some of the others like Roseanns friends like crystal etc

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One of the previews showed David. I don't know how often he will be on.

It was so much fun seeing the Connors again.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I fell in love w the show before the first commercial! I used to watch the show but was never enamoured of it. This time around, maybe because of the political sparring, I just love it. The puss y-hat was HILARIOUS.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What did Dan say at the very very end of the second episode? Comment about what Darlene's son Mark (?) was wearing under his skirt? My DVR cut off just before he said it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
he said it was ok for him to wear the skirt but he has to wear underwear

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It cut off on mine, too, so I had to check it on on-demand.

Dan said "ok, he doesn't have to wear pants, but he's gotta wear underwear."

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed and laughed out loud when Roseanne and Dan said they had a Lunchables party in the middle of the night!

Also when Becky was going to run up the stairs...lol they did a great job keeping the house the same!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Stunning ratings for Roseanne. 18.2 million viewers.

ABC's revival of "Roseanne" premiered on Tuesday to a staggering 18.2 million viewers.
by Frank Pallotta March 28, 2018: 12:58 PM ET

The reboot of the beloved comedy that ran on the network from 1988 to 1997 also notched a stellar 5.1 rating for the coveted 18 to 49 demo for Tuesday's back-to-back episodes.

For comparison, the first episode of NBC's reboot of "Will & Grace" averaged 10.1 million viewers and a 3.0 rating last September.

"Roseanne" also scored TV's highest rating for the 18 to 49 demo for any comedy telecast since 2014, the year that the season 8 premiere of CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" held that title. Arguably the most impressive stat is that Tuesday night's episode actually topped the show's original finale 21 years ago by 10% in total viewers.

more at the link ....

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/28/media/roseanne-ratings-abc/index.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, that's fantastic.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice how much the actress playing Darlene's daughter looked like her?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love that actress playing her daughter. She's been playing Debbie Gallagher, one of daughters, on Showtime's "Shameless" for 8 years.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I thought it was very good, so glad to see it back. Darlene's daughter sure looks like her, and her son is definitely named after David's brother/Becky's husband Mark. I'm not sure I understand how they explained Dan's death in the finale, was it just part of Roseanne's book?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I don’t remember, but did they say at all anything about what happened to Mark Becky’s husband?

I didn’t hear if they said anything about Darlene’s husband David either. But Dan did keep telling her she was gay

I do remember them mentioning DJs wife still deployed

Also did they say if Rosanne and Dan still worked or are they retired?

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I don't remember them saying anything about David, but they did say that Becky's husband died, however didn't mention him by name. So it could be Mark died, or they could have been divorced and maybe a 2nd husband that died? They didn't really address Dan or Rosanne working, but when Mark asked what color nail polish Dan had on he replied "that's drywall" so I took that as he was still working.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought the 2nd ep was better than the first, they seemed to hit the rhythm much better.

I had many LOL moments!! it is amazing how this show still is great after all these years just like Will and Grace

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Not sure if this is common knowledge (at least it hasn't been mentioned in this thread)....but Glenn Quinn, the actor who played Becky's husband, Mark, died from a heroin overdose in 2002.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Quinn#Death

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard that this morning on the radio. So sad. Darlene's son is named Mark - after his uncle one would presume?

Very sad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, SFJ. That's one of those things where you know you knew it once upon a time, but it leaves your memory. Now it makes more sense how the show is handling him not being there.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 2:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Thanks, SFJ. That's one of those things where you know you knew it once upon a time, but it leaves your memory"

Yer welcome. :-) That's exactly what happened....I though that I kind of vaguely sort of remembered that he had died but wasn't sure at all....I had to go look it up to make sure I wasn't thinking of someone else!

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
When Roseanne was saying grace, she mentioned "our son Jerry, who is on that stupid fishing boat where apparently they don't get phone calls..."

Who's Jerry? Did she have a baby towards the end? I remember Jackie having one, but...?