TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 02, 2018 users admin

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Rosie, is this your first time ever to watch ER?

I think Dr Green was my favorite character... but there were several who came in a close second. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I really liked Dr. Green as well. There's this one scene I particularly enjoyed where he talks to a group of patients in the ER. He's a bit frustrated to say the least. I think it's around this time of the show but I'm not sure if you've seen it yet.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I watched Instinct - I'll watch again, I know the first episodes usually are all about introducing the characters to us viewers!

I have not seen anything or anyone mention The Alienist on TNT - the finale is this Monday (10 episode run) It is based on a book and though a little dark at times, I have enjoyed it. Stars Luke Evans and Dakota Fanning.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I watched some of the ER shows years ago but nothing rings a bell yet.

Dr. Green is good and I like Dr. Carter and Dr. Benton too.

Not so interested in the love/sex relationships on the show.

Dr. Green almost always seem frustrated,Jimmer. lol

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I've been watching The Alienist. It is definitely dark. I've found it very interesting. I've enjoyed seeing Dakokta Fanning on a weekly basis.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about that show, Whrlwnd. I read the book when it first came out (seems ages ago... just looked it up... 1994). I'll have to check the series out as I remember enjoying the book.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
pop is showing ER today - surprised

leading toward Dr. Banion's story that i don't remember. so far, it seems like she had a loss?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
please that show is so old,I used to watch it with my husband and that is long long ago so many things have happened, but at that time I was more a Chicago hope watcher the stories were more compelling to me then. It was the first time I heard the word autism. and recognized I knew autistic children when I wa growing up, but then they were called retarded. Sorry, that was what their parents said.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
old show for sure, sadiesmom.

i always think ER made Clooney a star.

aww, now i see what is wrong with dr. banion. she lost her son.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it is an old show but it holds up very well. it could easily be a new show on right now. compelling storylines and characters

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
After Dr. Green left I slowly lost interest in the show. For me he was the heart of the show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but at that time I was more a Chicago hope watcher"

I watched both. I remember a hilarious one-liner on Chicago Hope once. One of the doctors (a female main character, if I recall correctly) said she couldn't go out with the others to have drink that night because she had to get home to watch ER!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
60 Minutes should be interesting tonight. Also season premiere of Call The MidWife

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watching Jesus Christ Superstar Live on NBC. Not as good as the Live Arena Tour at the O2 with Tim Minchen, Melanie C and Ben Forster a few years back but very, very good and hope everyone interested is busy enjoying it as well.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dang I didn't know that was on.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
it was very well done. I still remembered most of the songs too... so I was singing along.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Instinct... Ok, that was a partial rip off of a Rizzoli and Isles episode, the part about the Amish kid being a pianist. They even used the same thing with the pretend piano, and the piano teacher and showing the video to the parents at the end.

At least I think it was RandI, it could have been a law and order.

I wonder if the writers are the same.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So far, really wonderful. This was my Hamilton. It came out when I was a sophomore in high school. While I didn’t know all the songs, I remember it changing my world. We actually sang some of the songs in church (catholic). Attending a catholic high school that embraced the musical too. I’ve seen the movie, but this is amazing so far. Judas... well, no words. I read that he was the actor in Hamilton that made the statement to Pence when he saw the play.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just wow. That’s what happens when Broadway legends produce an NBC live musical.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Amazing. I wish the sound was a little more crisp, but, I was captivated throughout.
Jon Legend and Judas, fantastic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the audio could have been better, but still incredible.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Brandon Dixon was amazing! His voice was so powerful. The scene where Judas sings I Don't Know How To Love Him was so heartbreakingly beautiful.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
re: Instinct - it was Bones that had the exact same story

I actually didn't even notice until they showed the parents the video, then I started to think hmmm... this sure seems familiar!

That's so odd...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Brandon Dixon's star trajectory just shot up with that whole performance as Judas. And yes, I agree that when he sang I don't know how to Love him, with his voice breaking, well, I was in tears. He did an amazing Jesus Christ Superstar, as well. I will watch this one again when they show it.

On a side note, I tried to go to sleep after the show was over.... my head just kept spinning the songs until about 1 am, when I finally fell asleep. I was just to hyped from watching it. This morning, I'm still singing the songs in my head.