TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through March 14, 2018 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've started Mindhunter and have been told to stay with it. I've also started Ozark. I like Bateman. The other one that I've started that has peaked my interest is The Killing. I've stuck with that one and am nearing the end of Season 1.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua..thanks for the suggestion.

Brenday, yes Mindhunter hooks you about 5 episodes in. I only have one more episode left on season 1. No clue when season 2 will be out.

Not sure about Ozark, tried to watch episode 1 when it first released but just didn't get into it and I too am a Jason Bateman fan.

The Killing, I will check it out, haven't heard of it.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I watched Ozark and really enjoyed it. Just finished watching Harlan Coben's "The Five", which was very good too.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was a bit disappointed with The Five. The 1st season of The Killing wasn't too bad but overall the series dragged and was overwrought. I think Top Of The Lake suffered the same plodding overwrought story although the 2nd season had improved. Ozark is a bit slow and featured one of my big pet peeves, a ridiculously fake baby. Come on props department, you can buy very realistic baby dolls from the pages of supermarket magazines.

I suggest Happy Valley if you are in the mood for a well written and acted show. I am anxiously awaiting season 3.

I think I will start Mindhunter soon.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
The Killing, Mindhunter, Ozark and Happy Valley are all good shows.

However, if you're looking for something lighthearted, wholesome, fun, action-packed, and you like animated series; I highly recommend Trollhunters and How to Train Your Dragon. :-)

Also, I watched a show called Retribution over the weekend. I rated it average, nothing really memorable, but it's only 4 episodes, so it's not a huge time investment. Basically, it's a "who-done-it", and I was completely wrong. LoL

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh, and if you all haven't already been watching Colony, you might enjoy that.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Colony is a pretty good science fiction show.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Rvon, Sugar and Whrlwnd, thanks for the suggestions, I will check out Ozark one more time, Retribution and Colony.

Sadly,Happy Valley I watched 2 episodes but didn't get into it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ozark is so much fun. There's one episode toward the end that makes the whole thing worthwhile. I won't say what happens.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yeah! HULU has The Lucy Show! This was my favorite, I much prefer Lucy & Viv without Desi Arnez and especially William Frawley in I Love Lucy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I finished Mindhunters. I guess they went into season 1 knowing there would be a season 2?! I expected more of an "ending". UGH. When does season 2 start?!?!

I also finished Season 1 of The Killing, which is also conclusion-lacking -- so much so that I had to watch the first ep of season 2. This is probably why I like shows like Fargo so much. Each season is a contained story.

I think I'm on ep 4 or 5 of Ozark and am getting sucked in.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Naja, I know exactly what episode you're referring to - I totally agree! I still can't believe how good Ozark is - I didn't think I was going to like it (because I thought it was about toothless hillbillies) - boy, was I wrong on all counts!

Miz, I'm very you couldn't stick with Happy Valley - I hope you'll reconsider because it really is one the best crime thrillers I've seen in years. Yummy beyond belief!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Enjoying the rebooted version of “Queer Eye” , the fab five are delightful ; currently on episode 5 and I truly enjoy this show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I watched the 1st episode of the new Queer Eye and found it quite pale in comparison to the original.
Their client was happy and they seemed to help him so that is something. It just seemed to be lacking something. I will watch again in the hope it improves and I like it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This is on Netflix?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The 3rd episode showing the interaction between Karomo a black gay man and a white, police officer who is a Trump supporter was quite touching. Tonight I will move on to episode 6.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yes. And I'm with Sugar on her post. I'll watch another one to see if it gets better. Though the guy with the long straight hair, he really grew on me as the show went on. I think it's because he reminded me of the personal shopper who was with a skinny blonde girl in the reality show about personal shoppers that was on a few years ago.

And the guy that got the makeover was a really sweet guy.

But what I didn't understand is that the guy lives in a one room, basement apartment and they fixed up the side yard for him. Why? He wont even be able to maintain it with his bad back. Everything will be dead in a week. Oh, well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just watched Chris Rock's new comedy special "Tamborine". (yes, without the u)

We enjoyed it, but it felt a little off. He's not the same after his bad divorce. Still worth a watch, though.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The Five
Retribution

both well worth your time.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ok after so many recommendations for "Happy Valley" I stuck out season 1 (6 episodes) and was sucked in. Season 1 was more violent than season 2. I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1; writing and character building was better. Still some violence but not in the same way the first season.

I'm on episode 4 of Ozark, not sure about it still, just seems hopeless for the main character as well more trouble just keeps brewing. lol

The only reason I went back to these two shows is that there is nothing on TV past 2 weeks with Olympics on and therefore no new shows.

Looking forward to season 3 of Happy Valley.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
We watched the imposters season 1 on Netflix. It was pretty good & season 2 is playing now on Bravo. I don’t do cable so season 2 will be whenever. There are 10 episodes to season 1.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Vickie, when I saw your name it reminded my of Vicky Flemming from season 2 Happy Valley. lol

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy Happy Valley can’t wait for another season. There are not a lot of Vickie’s so I can see that lol

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Yay! I'm so glad you reconsidered, Miz. And I'm glad you'll be among the crowd who watches Season 3 - the more, the merrier!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody watched "The Frankenstein Chronicles" with Sean Bean? I about bored myself to death with the first and second episodes. Should I drop it, or does it get better?