TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through June 19, 2016 users admin

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I wonder if I missed a couple of episode's. I have no idea who the guy she is living with is, and how they met. I am also at a loss, who the woman was, and what she was doing with those young girls.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This was only the 2nd episode of this season.
I am sure the young girls were off to join some radical group.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the one who played her father died in real life, I am pretty sure.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The ginger CIA agent needs a good quick kick in the behind.....I would love to see Carrie and Quinn rough her up.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think the entire audience will howl with frustration if C. and Q. don't do exactly that, Marameko. Miss Ginger (aka Allison) is to "Homeland" what Glenn Close was to "Fatal Attraction"!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I kept thinking that surely CSI techs will look over the scene and it will be obvious she faked it. For a start they were all shot by the same gun, is she supposed to have wrestled it from the bad guy after he'd already killed the other agent and shot her in the shoulder?!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
So did Carrie smother Quinn, or are we just supposed to guess between now and next season?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure if he had life support and she took it out, or whether yes, she just smothered him. Either way I'm pretty sure he ends up dead, because of them reading the letter as a send off. Poor Quinn.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
But what was that super bright light that appeared in the window and caused Carrie to pause with what she was doing? Could that have been an other-worldly message to keep her from going through with the euthansia? (The light reminded me a little bit of the UFO that visited "Fargo" this season.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, what was that?! I saw it and kind of pretended I hadn't as it seems so "come into the light"ish and totally at odds with the show.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Well, I like Quinn. I hope they save him somehow.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Regarding Quinn: the writers put him through a lot in the past few episodes -- he was shot in the gut, exposed to Sarin gas, brought out of a medically-induced coma so prematurely that he seized and later developed a brain aneurysm, and then was either smothered by Carrie or abducted by aliens who beamed down in a blindingly bright light.

Maybe Rupert Friend (the actor who plays Quinn), wanted off the show, and was so popular with the production staff that the writers decided to give him a Rasputin-like sendoff?

(As an aside -- if the only protection Atropine offers against exposure to Sarin gas is to allow the victim to live in a persistent vegetative coma, I think most people would opt to skip the Atropine and just get it over with.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Quinn wasn't just exposed to the sarin. He was left in a sealed room to continuously ingest it for hours and hours. I think if it were just an exposure where shortly after he was in clean air, maybe things would have turned out better.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
'jeez, looks like he is a goner. I really don't want him back as a vegetable. I want him back like he was. After what Daydreamer and Naja reminded me of. Not much chance of that. Thanks for giving me a wake up call guys.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
After such a long break Bravo channel in Canada finally resumed Homeland with the opener of season 4, I was looking forward to the continuation but suddenly I felt like I was tired of the scenes, I'm so tired of the hellish world in those awful regions, those people I can't stand to see anymore, I'm so sick of it and because now Afghanistan seems so much 'old news' with the worst evil of Isis, that I found myself fast forwarding for the most part of the season opener.
I hope this is the last season because it already seems so 'passe'. I blame Canadian tv for airing this show so late that I already lost interest.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I got Showtime again and binged season 4, starting season 5 tonight. Season 4 was really good except for the finale. It just didnt seem to match the last few eps

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Anyone know when season 6 starts?

I really enjoyed the last 2 seasons.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So far every season has started either during the last week of September, or the first week of October. So it will be awhile.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ok ty Naja!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Season 4 seems to pick up steam and I'm watching again with much interest. Poor Saul.. he was smart enough to escape but ended up recaptured forcing Carrie's team to keep negotiating with the enemy. I first hated the new CIA director but these last episodes made me feel like I would have acted the same way, it must be awful to sit around the table with so many backstabbers, and to think that the same US ambassador's husband is working against them. Spies everywhere and Carrie should have guessed the leak, and now knowing who switched her meds should put all the stops.. but she won't.
I know it's just a tv show but there are some things in the show that are too close to reality and the absurdity of the situation just too real to keep going with this nonsense. I wouldn't waste so much effort and time dealing with those people. The more we tried to do for them the more they kick you in the arse... not worth it.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It's been renewed for an astonishing 3 new seasons. Somehow I doubt Ms Daines will be with it the entire time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That's great news.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Tish!! Hi there!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Tishala, according to this item, the renewal also includes a new deal for Danes that keeps her on board through all 8 seasons. (But you never, she might ask to be released before the term is up.)

http://deadline.com/2016/06/homeland-renewed-seasons-season-6-debut-pushed-to-january-1201765619/

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Season 4 ended as if they were in a hurry and no special cliff hanger, the previous episode was much better than the final of season 4.

I read here you are already talking of many more seasons after the 4th, but here Bravo is so slow with this series, they'll make me wait another 6 months before Season 5 starts on Bravo.