TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 12, 2018 users admin

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I miss Tom Barnaby and Ben Jones.

Ann

09-27-2005

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I don't often watch CBC, so thanks for letting me know about Alias Grace starting tonight.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Finished Top of the Lake: China Girl and agree with Naja that by the end, the number of 'coincidences' was a bit over the top. Sydney can't that small! Still I enjoyed it and it was so great to see Gwendoline Christie in another roll apart from Game of Thrones. I will watch this lady in anything! She just makes me smile.

I also watched the pilot of The Brave on NBC and while I thought it had a slow start, I did like it by the end. Unfortunately, every time I like a new series on NBC, that usually spells death for it, lol.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Me, Myself & I might be ok. I am not a big Bobby Moynihan fan and would rather have another actor in the role.

My big peeve from the premier episode is the 14 year real life (but looks more like 20) age difference between John Laroquette and Sharon Lawrence. They play the older Alex & Nori who met at age 14 in school. Nori was his first big crush. Completely unbelievable that they are the same age (65) when they meet later. Larroquatte is just shy of 70 years old and Lawrence is 57.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Snap Sugar, I thought that looking at the two of them. Although I did love the scene. I enjoyed the show. I have no idea who Bobby Moynihan is as I'm not a watcher of SNL, so I'm ok with him. What mom lets her kid live in a garage! lol thought that was far fetched and I wish they'd kept the mom around. I like that actress.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Another terrific show I liked.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I have been looking forward to "10 Days in the Valley" for months. I'm very excited to see that it begins tonight on ABC! It stars Kyra Sedgewick, and also has Emily Kinney, Malcolm Jamal Warner, and several others. I believe it's going to be a 10-episode limited series.

A woman's daughter goes missing, and the woman's world implodes. "Everything is a mystery and everyone has a secret"

I can already feel that I'm going to like it. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, I am looking forward to it as well, can't wait.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I wasn't expecting to like Wisdom of the Crowd but it was really good! There are so many questions as to how an app like this might work and the effect it could have and the writers seem to be tackling them a bit at a time while telling a good story. I can't wait for the next episode!

Good cast - good writing - well done!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I gave up on the 10 days in the valley, not another missing child show. The plot could go on forever.

I gave up on Salvation already weeks ago, and I gave up almost immediately on Navy Seals team.. whatever.

The Brave, I liked the second episode, I was almost ready to give that up also, and so will continue to watch.

Wisdom of the Crowd is interesting enough and there is a thread with interesting comments already.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I tried with Gifted but it bored me and its' another of those shows that practically films in the dark, which I think is stupid.

Its a show about prejudice, but people with gifts against people without. I think it may be patterned after the Xmen and I was never into that series either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Stand Against Evil" season 2 starts Nov 1 on IFC. It's a 30 min comedy/horror. It's about a cranky retired sheriff fighting evil in his little town with the help of a couple friends and his daughter.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've been watching a 6 parter called The Disappearance which has been pretty good. And I just started pvring Stan Against Evil, season 1 on Space.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Drunk History Christmas Special" is on tonight, Nov 28. It is second to last episode in a mini marathon tonight on Comedy Central.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder that "Psych: The Movie" will premiere this Thursday, December 7, on USA.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Portlandia final season starts tonight, Jan 18, on IFC.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm hooked on The Brave, very short missions but loaded with tense moments and the relief that all ends well...(sometime I need it to be so).
Easy to get attached to each single character, but the woman sharpshooter stands out more(I didn't think she could be rescued after torture). Anne Heche is also quite good in leading the mission control room.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t watched it but I’ve heard it has very good reviews.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watch The Brave!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I watch it too!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 3 of the scary SYFY show "Channel Zero" starts Feb 7.

This season is called "Channel Zero: Butcher's Block".

BUTCHER’S BLOCK, the third installment of the Channel Zero anthology series introduces us to Alice Woods and her schizophrenic sister Zoe who have moved to a small town to start over. Alice lives in constant fear of inheriting Zoe’s illness. On the outskirts of town lies Butcher’s Block, a hellish neighborhood where junkies roam and lawlessness abounds. It is here the sisters encounter Joseph Peach and his eerily charismatic family. The Peach’s are not your ordinary family; they live above the Butcher’s Block in a dimension that is dark utopia. They offer the sisters a place at their table with promise of a world without worry and without illness. The sisters soon find that the cost of living the good life comes at an unimaginable price and there is a fine line between escaping insanity and embracing true madness.

http://www.syfy.com/channelzerobutchersblock

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 7 of "Impractical Jokers"
starts Thurs, Feb 1, on TruTV.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "Absentia"in Canada it's on Showcase. I just watched the first 3 episodes, it's quite good, keeps you on the edge of your seat. It stars the woman who used to play the captain on the show "Castle". My memory is getting terrible for names.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the first ep was great of Absentia, but ep 2 and 3 couldn't hold my attention. Maybe I was too tired. I'll try again.

The new "Roseanne" premieres on ABC, March 27. There will be 2 eps back to back on opening night.

Sort of like "Will and Grace", they will be pretending the old finale never happened. In that ep we found out Dan had actually died awhile back even though he had been portrayed as still alive. So the whole cast will be back, even both Beckys.

Why get excited about the debut of the 10th season of a hit TV sitcom? Because the previous new episode aired in May of 1997. That episode—the original series finale—will be ignored, by the way, since it killed off a major character and changed much about the series that preceded it. That means that virtually the entire cast can return, including Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, and Sarah Chalke, though the latter will play an entirely different character. Returning co-stars Johnny Galecki, Estelle Parsons, and Sandra Bernhard will also make an appearance.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/tv-premiere-dates

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to checking out Roseanne! :-)

Just watched the 4th episode of Absentia; a real who dun-it!