TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hawaii Five-O: Archive through March 12, 2018 users admin

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I don't remember that it was ever said his wife was dead. Sometimes they show her and the daughter and sometimes they don't - just like Danny's daughter.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Everytime I turn this show on, someone in my household laughs at me and then finds a reason to plunk themself down on the couch.

We have laughed since season 1 as to how unrealistic some situations are and yet we rarely miss an episode. I accept this show as pure escapism and love it for that. Someone's wife rose from the dead? No problem. Mahalo.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cpaaa04... when Chi's character was first introduced, he was a widow raising a teenage daughter. They moved to Hawaii from Chicago after his wife died... but we're not supposed to remember that... LOL

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Dipo
And Kona's hubby is really handsome.

I'll tell him you said so.

But I think you mean Kono's husband on the show. LOL!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I AM dying!!! The blue crushed velvet suit was fabulous, hahahahahahaha. And the music they played when he got out of the car, I loved it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And now golfing outfits that very colorful, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And all the love stories/cartoons at the beginning of each segment, hahahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good valentines stories for the most part.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Judging from the season finale, it would appear they are setting this show up for 2017-2018 season to be the last season.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I've been cringing while watching this show the past few weeks... Steve's taken a real beating... literally... while he eventually comes out the winner it hasn't been without an extreme physical toll on him. Now I know why, he's not at 100%.

I'm hoping everyone stays put... if Steve has to step down due to health reasons hopefully they'd give his job Chin... that would keep him in Hawaii... Kono and her handsome hubby will have a beautiful baby so Abby will come back to the unit... and if Steve is sick maybe they'll bring back Catherine for him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Or they could dismantle 5-0. Steve may have to retire if he's sick, Danny would open up his restaurant, Kono and Adam would have a baby so she might quit being a police officer, Chin and Abby may go to San Francisco (where Abby is from) where he was offered a job similar to McGarrett's.

Alex O'Loughlin has said next season is absolutely positively his last season. They could very well kill him off.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I know it's a mythical world... but I'd hate if they dismantle the 5-0... especially considering how successful it has been there.

Ohana is everything to Chin and I'd like to think he would want to stay in Hawaii to be an Uncle to Kono & Adam's child and raise his niece around an extended family. (Maybe I'm projecting too much of my desires onto the show... why do I care about fictitious people and their lives??)

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I can see them wanting to end the show next season while it still enjoys good ratings...better for syndication

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I just read today that the actors who play Chin and Kono will not be back next season due to a salary dispute. They were given raises, but not "enough" for them to stay.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I saw that last night... so I guess Chin will go to San Fran and Kono will go off to fight sex slavery. I'm hoping they end the show at the end of next year.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
It just won't be the same without them... one of my favorite scenes last year was Kono sitting on top of the sex slave trader just whaling on him... and Steve comes up... she stops and gets up and says... "he had a knife" and walks away.

I really enjoyed both of them and wish them well!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing they will since Alex O'Loughlin said this was his last season - and now we know he has radiation poisoning so they can kill him off at the end.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this week's show? The last scene with Adam totally confused me (albeit I was trying to stay awake). What is up with him?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I always watch the show because it reminds me of my honeymoon in Hawaii and I always try to spot the place I was staying towards Diamond Head, but for sure the show is gearing towards a different spin, this 'double agent' role of Adam seems too strange, what are they really trying to do with the characters... for example, the restaurant 'side story' for the two lead actors seem so lame and yet Adam is getting the better role.. go figure.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But I didn't understand what was going on with him driving and having those flashbacks. That's where I'm confused. Did I miss something when I was nodding off?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
He was recruited by Steve to do some spy work among criminals Adam knows up close and he was successful in a couple of missions but somehow the producers of the show are leaving us with a 'double entendre' as to what Adam really is doing... I need to keep up with the next episodes to see if it's just my imagination. However, seems Hawaii 5-0 is going to an early spring break and don't know if it's coming back or when.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
March Madness starts next week which is why there is no show.

I just didn't understand the "flashbacks" and what they meant.

This is Alex O'Loughlin's last season. He has said he was done after this year. So I'm not sure if they are going for a spin-off for Adam's character or what...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, in the previous episode, Adam had been held captive. He was tortured by Jesse, the same convict he recruited to be his undercover CI. Now he has learned that she is also sleeping with the guy she is suppose to be getting intel on. Add to that the guilt he was feeling about the chemicals (which he helped to steal with Jesse) being sold off and she didn't seem to care. Between realizing he can't trust her and the guilt he was feeling, I think it became too much and he was flashing back to being held captive.

Don't know if that makes any sense but he has kept Steve informed about everything. So far this show hasn't been canceled or renewed yet.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay thanks Kappy. That makes sense. Like I said, I was dozing off here and there.

You are right that it hasn't been canceled or renewed. Last year it looked like they were trying to "wrap everything up" as far as storylines for the end of this season but now it looks like they may be trying to see if they can have a show without "Steve McGarrett."