TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 05, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through January 05, 2018 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Amazing how the 'aliens' or whatever they are knew exactly which humans would have no problem stepping over other dead humans.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I'd say Snyder pushed a tracking button .. and then the screen went and stayed dark.. at least mine did.. only the USA logo.

He lied about wanting out?

If his daughter really is safe, maybe they promised to reunite them.. not that the daughter wants to see him.

But if he made a deal he did bring out what they wanted, and away from the destruction of LA Bloc.

Yes, I hope Broussard manages to dodge the lethal gas, or whatever is being administered by those giant drones .. or whatever they are.

I cannot FF to get to the end of this to stop it.. I want to save it, though I guess I can just record a repeat?

Off I go to the colony site to see what they are telling us, if anything.

At least they got renewed!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So the non red hats are

BLACKJACKS

So the site says.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Per the five great moments section of the website

quote:

With the Bowmans on the road outside the Wall, Host ships swarm the bloc, and it doesn’t look good. Then, in the closing seconds of the episode, Snyder makes a shocking choice.

Now.. that almost sounds like he shockingly sent the host ships away... but that would be too much what I want.. still.. I can hope.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The synopsis...

http://www.usanetwork.com/colony/episode-guide/season-2-episode-13-ronin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nope..not the good great moment but the bad one.. per the synopsis.

quote:

What’s next for the Bowman family, Maddie, and the bloc?
Back in the evacuation center, a group attacks the Red Hats and the crowds are free to walk outside. They all look up as the ships hover overhead ominously.
Outside the bloc, Helena Goldwyn watches the ships arrive, seeming to feel the weight of her failure to save the Los Angeles Bloc. She waits.
On the empty road beyond the Wall, the Bowmans and Snyder breathe huge sighs of relief to have escaped from the bloc just in time. They see the ships overhead in their rearview mirror and are grateful for their freedom.
And then Snyder reaches into his pocket and surreptitiously pushes the button to activate the Host homing beacon. 

All these on the site listed at the top of the thread.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
One of my guesses a year ago was that they were robots...I thought of that way back when they tried to remove the "armor" from the "dead" one they recovered from the wrecked train.

In this finale ep, when I saw them take the orb from the head of one of them, my first thought was "Aha! NOT alien, but robots with artificial intelligence....maybe from the future!"

I thought that because they made such a big deal about getting that undamaged orb out of the damaged "body" and installed into the head of the intact one. I figured if it was just an artificial brain/computer chip it should be easily replaceable but if it was an electronic brain that was housing the artificial intelligence of a particular individual sentient robot, it would be much more important. That could meant that they're basically individual, synthetic "people" whose intelligence happens to be artificial, and who happen to be made out of mechanical and electronic parts instead of flesh and bone.

Of course, the line, (paraphrased)"Our host is now back online" was the clincher (for me) that it's not an "alien" at all, but an electronic machine with a sentient, but artificial, intelligence that is housed within an artificial electronic core (orb). The whole body can be replaced, but the "individual invader" is located in the orb. "Online" could mean "alive" in a robotic race!

I'm now wondering if they are from our own future. Maybe they're running things a thousand years from now but they learned that they still need need humans to do something they cannot do themselves....so they came back here to get more! :-) Maybe a piece of human brain is in the orb or maybe they can't work with radiation for some reason. Last season we saw people working at the Factory that appeared to be orbiting the moon and someone started coughing up blood on their lunch break, remember? Looked like radiation poisoning to me (based on my vast experience of watching sci-fi TV and movie entertainment! :-))

I'm stuck on the "from the future" angle because that could also explain how they were able to overtake the world so easily...they knew a lot about us because maybe they ARE "us"...at least a next-gen evolution of us! Anyhow, if they were created right here on earth then they knew exactly what tactics would work and they knew our much lesser level of technology. (Just like if we went back to caveman days, we'd know exactly what technology to use to cause "shock and awe" in order to make them give up and submit very quickly).

Anyhow, that's my current theory. :-)

What a great episode! Already looking forward to next year.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not a bad theory.

It was a good episode.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but if they were from our future, then they would be destroying their own creation and paradoxes encountered.
How about robot interfaces for a people unable or unwilling to leave their home planet or planets. they send out ambassadors to interface with other cultures. The 'ambassadors"/hosts sit on the dark side of the moon and watch TV and identify leaders and the culture and it's many wars. Considering how little we value life, it is easy to see how they could value it for so little as well.
The big logic leap is between how they could identify the leaders and contact them to set up the various hideouts in the mountains where they recruited people to "rule" while being guarded by the military.
From A to B is not always easy to decipher.

There must have been enormous expense setting up this what ever. there is the expense of space travel for a large group, the setting up of the walls, the clearing of the cars from city streets, the creations of the pods. This is not a small scale small resource project. Wouldn't ot be funny if it was just to refuel them to continue on their trip.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but if they were from our future, then they would be destroying their own creation and paradoxes encountered. "

Or they could be trying to short circuit the demise of their own creation...like in "Terminator".

Anyhow, time travel is a favorite sci-fi premise of mine....so I see it as a possibility in lots of sci-fi shows. Also, I didn't want this show to just be another alien invasion story. I wanted more, and time travel is where my imagination often goes. They could also be from a parallel Earth and they're here to start over because they used up all their resources back home.

The one thing I am truly fixated on is the reverence given to that recovered orb out of the "dead" robot's head. It makes me think that the robots themselves are the ones in charge and they're not just machines doing what their creators program them to do. If the robots were just the avatars of other physical beings, the orb wouldn't have been as important as they made it seem to be.....unless the being itself is inside the orb. The invaders could be as small as tiny insects...or even just a mass of energy that was transferred from a flesh and bone alien being...or from a human!

In any case, I keep thinking that people are just a resource of some kind to them.

As I was writing this it occurred to me that The Greatest Day religion that sprang up might've been more than an indoctrination to control people.

What if The Greatest Day is about shedding one's mortal coil to become immortal....inside a robot? Maybe that's their religion...and becoming an immortal robot is their "afterlife"?

I'm sure I'm imagining a plot that's a lot more in depth and complicated than this series will actually be, but it's fun to theorize. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have to watch again, but with all this bird talk, was it egg shaped?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
When Maddie said she was "Level Seven" in the Greatest Day, I had flashbacks to Leah Remini's documentary about how people "level up" in Scientology.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So did I, Lexie.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I have to watch again, but with all this bird talk, was it egg shaped?"

If you mean the orb they transferred from one robot to another...it wasn't egg shaped, it was spherical with a maze-like design on it and there was a light glowing from inside of it.

Image from the most recent episode:
orb

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, not a bird, not an egg unless from the turtle or ostrich robot family.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Season Three premiere next Thursday, January 11!!!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the head's up. I have to make sure my DVR is still set to record it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I hope they do a Season Two marathon this weekend.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... now I'm confused. It looks like USA may have pushed back the premiere for Colony (possibly due to the Olympics).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I can't find it on the schedule. That's okay. I can wait forever for Halloway.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It isn't on my schedule yet.

I would love for them to avoid the logjam around the olympics.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
My TV Guide has Season 2 of Colony on Netflix on Jan. 12. Didn't find anything on other schedules.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Kitkat, it looks like USA moved it back to avoid conflict with the Olympics.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Love this show!!