TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 06, 2018 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Where exactly was the “bonus” in this last episode before the premiere? Lol what a joke 🙄

Maybe a blinked and missed it

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Uncle Ricky, I was thinking it must stink so bad dont put it on the sweet babys head!!

I thought this was a really good ep.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The bonus section was when Simon was talking to Maggie in the car. They played the original version and then repeated it with the extended version, which seemed a little unnecessary. There was just more talk from Simon, the only thing I noticed was he said he basically liked all the killing, but Negan said he couldn't... that plays into what they've been hinting about some sort of upcoming Simon/Negan falling out.

I like the hat! But they should keep it safe somewhere until they re-invent dry cleaning.

Yes, really good episode. The dreams from earlier were Carl's dreams! That was a good twist. Nice how he wanted everyone happy in his future, even Eugene and Negan.

In the end sad eyed Rick scene, did you see he was hurt on his side? It looked bad (but I presume he lives or they wouldn't have killed Carl).

Poor Carl. They did it well, the cross hatch of scenes with Morgan annoyed me (for breaking it up) for a while but overall I thought it was better that way than drawing it out with no relief.

Also I guess this is why Carl leaves and goes West and meets FTWD people, he doesn't like who he's become and how it's influenced Henry.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
My morning show is back!!! I was so happy to see that is how Carl wanted to see the future. Everyone happy and living in peace. Glad to see there’s another Doctor as we don’t know the future of the hilltop one in Negan’s custody. RIP Carl

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I found this episode very difficult to watch. You could see all the things going thru Carl's mind as he stood in front of the mirror looking at the damage the bite caused. His sadness at having to die and leave his friends and his dad, his writing the letters for them to read after, and changing his bloody shirt--I had to bring out the kleenex box and keep it on my lap!!
Watching Rick having to say goodbye to his son and all his regrets for how Carl had to grow up so fast, was so hard I had to click over to Big Brother which was on at the same time! I could imagine how awful it would be to have to face something like that--and I didnt want to! I missed Carl's actual death--I heard he shot himself, I suppose so his dad nor Michonne would have to.
I cannot imagine where the show is going after this. Nowhere good that I can see.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah sad to see him go.

I was wondering if Carl died in the comics? Or Is this just a choice the creators and writers decide to do. If he didn’t die in comics, makes me wonder if there was some bad blood between Chandler and the creators

Especially since this killing blindsided the actor

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I basically fast forwarded through the bonus and the first episode. I know they had to let Karl (Chandler) have his leave be memorable but really I just want to get on with the show already. I think I got through the bonus and first episode in 40 minutes. I was more interested in Talking Dead where they had Chandler there to interview about the show ect. Looking forward to next show to see what is going to happen.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I’m thinking I’m already hating Scott Gimple if he messes with other characters (which sounds like he is doing) ugh

Don’t open if you do t want to know..... not really a spoiler but doesn’t sound good

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2018/02/walking-dead-spoilers-carl-death-chandler-riggs-lauren-cohan-olympics-fear-the-walking-dead-crossovers-scott-m-gimple-amc-1202300361/amp/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Carl's death wasn't in the comics. Or not yet at least, the comics are still going on. I got the impression Chandler Riggs isn't the sort of guy to have bad blood against anyone, but perhaps some others do on his behalf (his father, apparently).

I think they actually did the story around the death quite well. I didn't want him to die, obviously, but his death did have meaning, and not in the cliched way they could have done it but in what seemed like an honest transfer from Carl to Rick of belief that they can do better. Not a simple I'll win the war for you but a I will remember that we must have a life worth living after this.

If they can turn this into a story where we are clear that our gang are the good guys again - which sometimes has got a bit lost in the past - then perhaps the death will be worth it. They're working towards that in several ways now: we have Tara and Daryl thinking that their quickness to stop the soldiers their way caused the destruction of Alexandria; we have Morgan and Carol, who rediscovered the ability to kill see how it has corrupted Henry; and of course we have Rick believing that his son's death can be worth something if he works towards peace.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think it had to do something with Chandlers father.

No it was a great episode and his death was done great, although Chandler said it would be cool to have been able to turn into zombie, he knew that his character going out with him shooting himself made more sense.

He certainly looks much better with the short hair. I also hope we don’t see Morgan’s character die. I think maybe he will go off by himself to rethink how he has become something he doesn’t want to be (a killer)

His leaving will probably be the finale

I just think this show will be so different not having him around.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think they needed to have Carl die to change Rick. For 2 seasons its been about waiting for Negan to be killed, I think now Rick may meet with Negan and see if they can all work together.

Carl was never one of my favs but he grew on me over the years. I cried more at the montage on TD than I during the episode.

I wish Chandler all the best and hope he goes on to do great things!

There are now only 3 left from the original gang from season 1. :-(

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
So another main character has been cast in a abc show and their TWD contract is up end of 2018. And with Morgan leaving. I am just guessing but this could very well be JDM last season, someone mentioned that season might be last,

Has anyone heard this?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, that interview was great! I loved how the interviewer asked questions many of us have been asking.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I really hope this doesn’t happen! I keep thinking of the disaster that was “The Ghost Whisperer” ugh

I hate time jumps period

http://tmz.me/l6fw6VL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm still convinced Season 9 or 10 will be the series finale, and they're working towards that, have everything planned out. Several of the main characters and in particular Andrew Lincoln have expressed ambiguous feelings about the length of the show, while at the same time saying they wouldn't want to leave the character. It's like they need to end the series to allow the actors to have another life.

Jumping forward might be a way to bring everything (the Fear cast as well) to some sort of happy or at least somewhat settled resolution.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Finally got around to watching this week's episode. I actually dread watching this show lately, rather than looking forward to it. Just so much death and destruction.

I didn't even cry at Carl's death. I got a little teary a couple of times, but mostly I was annoyed at Carl for getting bit in the first play. Stupid kid always did like to play with the zombies.

I won't miss that stupid hat. Please don't put that filthy thing on Judith's head!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys hear Kevin Smith had a massive heart attack last week that almost killed him? Thank goodness he survived. I hope he recovers soon so we can see him on "Talking" again.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Karma came to garbage lady! For they horrible way she treated Rick! Haha

I have a feeling Rick will go back to rescue her. That was probably the most grossest seen ever on
TWD with that grinder with the zombies UGH

I also have a feeling Simone signed his death sentence with Negan. He will find out what he did

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah Naja, it seems like Kevin Smith is lucky to be alive after that.

The grinder was definitely gross!

Simon should at least get the iron to the face, if past Negan behaviour is to be continued. I suppose the furnace is in the uninhabitable area now, so yes, I think Simon's days are numbered.

I read elsewhere a comment suggesting he was the Savior who ordered the killing of all Oceanside's men, which makes sense. Negan would have wanted to use them, as he considers them a resource. I'd kind of like to know the backstory of how Negan took over, if Simon was that crazy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought karma came for the horrible way she and her crew spoke LOL

I thought it was sweet how Negan was really sad about Carl. I think if Rick would have spoke differently to Negan they could have started a bridge. I really feel rick is the bad guy now and I think he needs to go

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sadly I'm losing interest in this show. It's just too violent and light moments are far and few for me. There are no light characters, I miss Glen.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
you and me both! that was truly the jump the shark moment for me but I will watch til the bitter end

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think the reason it’s not the greatest anymore is thanks to Gimple messing with the storyline, he alone will be the reason the ratings drop

But like Pamy, I too will be watching to the bitter end . I just hope the end won’t be as disappointing as “Lost”

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!!! My son asked if he should binge it on netflix a couple years ago I said dont waste your time, no pay off at the end!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, my DS said he quit watching around the beginning of season 8.

Gimple's killing the show.