TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
RISE

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: RISE users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching this? It is amazing!!! It reminds me of Fame and Glee with an edge. They are dealing with very now issues amongst great performances.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I've watched episode 1. I taped today's episode and will watch it tomorrow. It is Fame + Glee + a bit of Friday Night Lights. I am enjoying the cast and the caliber of the musical performance. It's a joy to see Rosie Perez on the small screen too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the pilot and am taping the series.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, Roteach...Friday Nights Lights too!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I was not a Glee fan, never watched it, but I'm really enjoying Rise.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
One of the Friday Night Lights producers is involved in producing Rise as is one of the producers of Hamilton.

There was also a short lived show called Boston Public that was about a Boston Arts Academy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying but hope to enjoy it more.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
They definitely have thrown every kind of background into it...and yet I am drawn to all of the characters - no overcrowding for me!

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
All the episodes are on my DVR. I was waiting to hear feedback before I start it. I've been hearing good things. I think I'll catch up this weekend.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. Worth watching them, is my vote!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
yep well worth watching...my vote
I enjoy all the different family stories and how they all come together as a family...Friday Night Lights anyone....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was not aware of this
'Rise's companion web series continues to be a gem

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OMG, just watched the first episode and I am in LOVE with this show. Totally a cross between Glee and Friday Night Lights. They do have every type of kid, but I love that because there's someone for everyone to relate to. My teenage son has a young friend who's a transgender boy (used to be Rebecca, now Sam). Reminds me so much of Margaret/Michael.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Baby, I guess that is the trick to enticing all sorts of an audience. There is someone for everyone to relate to...I also love the show and just found the web series

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Lots of commercials ran during Jesus Christ Superstar last night. Hope that will draw in more people. I am going to have to find the web series.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roteach, it's on Hulu, if you have that.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I got it on demand

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjaxmom. I do have Hulu so I will check it out. I also have On Demand so one way or another I will find it. Is it also called Rise or does it have another name?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's just Rise.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
This is/was such a good show. Needless to say, I had tears throughout the last 10 mins last night.

I'm so disappointed that it's ending... much too soon. I still keep thinking that it's cancellation announcement must be a mistake. I can't figure out why it didn't pull in more viewers. Maybe it was the time-slot, idk, probably should've followed This is Us. :-)

Anyway, I wish NBC would've given it a little more time to gain a better following. Big loss, I think.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've watched a few episodes and really liked it too. But, I kept losing sight of when it was actually on. So, I missed it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
😟

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
...I had tears throughout the last 10 mins last night.

Me, too!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Finally watched the finale. All I can say is WOW! I wonder if the scene with the superintendent canning the drama department was filmed in two ways? The way we saw with the show being canceled and saying the program would continue if the show had been renewed? I have read that the cast recorded the music from this season. That's good. I'll be watching for it to show up on my Spotify or Amazon Music.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That was a great finale.

I was hoping he would go back to the original version.

The standing ovation should make the school board reconsider their decision.

That was sad that the father wouldn't stay to watch the end of the show. In contrast, the mother on oxygen loved the show and enjoyed it to the end.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The tv show has been cancelled.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So sad about this show. I thought it was a cross between Glee and Friday Night Lights. So many talented young people. I really wish NBC had given it a chance to catch on. Even I Love Lucy wasn't a hit its first season. They used to give shows more time to build an audience.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: