TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 14, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Deja barely said good night to her mom, remember the mom had to say it first. Deja knows her mom and knows its just a matter of time before she leaves her for a man again.

I dont even think she will care if she says good bye.

I was so proud of the mom for realizing she is not best for Deja and deciding to leave. She isnt ready to have a job managing the new apt complex BUT I hope in the future she will be

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
An apartment in that building so she could bring in her rehab buddy still drinking boyfriend with his friends and his "business".?

That wouldn't serve the tenants they are already trying to help.

If they had sent mom up to say goodbye to Deja, Deja might have felt obligated to go with her.

I would have asked if she wanted to leave a note.

And I do realize that no matter how it went down, it is hard for Deja.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Agreed!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can't remember. At the end of the program, had she actually left the house? I sort of remember Randall coming down the stairs as she was leaving, but she hadn't actually left yet. I may be wrong about that though. If that is the case, Randall might encourage her to write something for Deja.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
As I recall, they ended with all three adults standing in the living room.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes that is how it ended.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And she had her bag packed.

Next week is the season finale.. we may learn if there was a goodbye, or we may not.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
What a great episode!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love the little touches.. Like when Deja was making birthday 🎂 dinner for her mom, before the cut her hand and ended up in the first foster care, she had The Manny on The tv.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I saw that on their tv too! Remember when she met Kevin, she recognized him as the Manny!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. They really do pay attention to detail.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Season finale tonight. :-( Boo hoo, it went so fast, I'm not ready for the season to be over.

Of course, I'd happily watch this show every week, all year... okay, I'd give them a couple months off for winter break. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I will miss it.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
doesn't seem like they did very many episodes this season.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I believe it was 18 episodes vs the normal 22.
I don't think 22 are enough for my favorite shows. It used to be 26-30. I am not fond of the 10-13 episode season as if I like a show I want more.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Season 1 was 18 episodes, and so is season 2. 18 to 22 or 23 is the new normal, since there are so many cable shows now.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Doesn't mean I have to like it! LOL (thank you two)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here. I want more!!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Great finale and interesting glimpse into upcoming storylines for next season and beyond.
Not too thrilled that I'll have to be worrying about whatever is wrong with Toby until fall though. My guess is a severe depression based on the conversation with his parents and Kate's comments about the doctor wanting to adjust his meds.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Toby??????? Don't know until next fall. I'm looking forwards to summer weather. Don't want to be thinking about fall and winter for any reason.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, Toby looks depressed but older Randall telling older Tess she should talk to? Beth? Deja?

Kevin paired up with Beth's cousin.

How has it gone with Deja after trashing Randall's treasured car during the wedding?

I did like seeing Miguel dancing at the wedding and others happy for the moment.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Is the 'her' Deja in prison or rehab or something worse? Or is it Beth or Rebecca very sick? What about the younger sister? We haven't seen much of her lately. Did she take a turn for the dark side? So many questions. My initial thought was that it was not Deja because that would be too easy. The writers like to lead us down a path, then do a U-turn.

What is Kevin looking for in Vietnam? The uncle or the Uncle's remains? Did the uncle have a child there? What's the story with the uncle? Or, is Kevin just going for a movie part and to walk in his father's footsteps? Why is he going there?

Toby, Toby, Toby.... what is causing the depression? All we know is that the doctor will be adjusting the meds. Did he have another heart attack or surgery? Did the dog die and he can't get over it? Why, why, why can't Toby and Kate just live a good life?

So many questions for next season....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
You guys are smart. Depression didn't occur to me I was worried that his heart problems had recurred or possibly cancer had befallen him.
I was shocked by Deja's Behavior. I love this show and hate to criticize it but I will tell you that it seemed very out of character for her to take that baseball bat to the car. She's not destructive she's actually a Survivor this girl intelligent and caring and responsible so to me it was very troubling that they've written her this way now. Bottom line is she adores this family, especially Randall and it makes absolutely no sense for her to be this aggressively destructive towards them.
Also what triggered her tantrum being told that she resembled Randall should have been a thrill for her as she adores him so much. Even though she's angry and bitter about her situation I just don't see her lashing out to this degree as part of her character I just don't. Unless they write her as having a nervous breakdown next season it just doesn't make sense.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Fun fact: the gal that plays Kate's best friend the ditzy one from her Overeaters Anonymous group... apparently she's married to the Head Writer on the show. At least that's what he said in a tweet yesterday. Something about no way was he going to write her character as sleeping with Kevin because she's his wife IRL. LOL

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Mame, his mother talked about the depression that he was in when his first wife left him.. Toby lying in his bed with the covers over him. I just made the leap from there.