TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 09, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just turned on my crock pot with a yummy roast and all the fixin's. And I realized that from now on, every time I use my crock pot, I am going to think of the horrible fire episode :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes it seems they have put a bad vibe on crock pots.

I finished watching the first season and it was great. I noticed that in one of the early episodes (I think it may have been the first) they had a clear shot of the crock pot.

I've been enjoying going back in this thread and reading everyone's comments from when they first watched back in 2016.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you made me jump back.. But no time to pinpoint.. Where are you in the plot?

I did see that I have since warned to Miguel...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I'm at the end of the first season. It sure looked like Jack was going to be killed driving to see Rebecca but that didn't happen as it turns out.

So now I'm looking forward to seeing the current season but the early episodes from this season are hard to get at this point.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hopefully soon.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did it seem like there were a lot more commercials than usual?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
It seemed like a filler episode. Not much happened and I found it a bit boring. In some ways, I guess that's a good thing after the traumatic last couple of episodes, but with only 3 episodes left for the season I felt they were wasting precious time.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was not as emotional, but did show how Toby and Randal's wife are starting to make inroads into the "big 3". It sort of felt like an extension of the discussion that Toby, Randall's wife and Miguel had in the bar while waiting for the rest to finish their rehab meeting with Kevin. Not a bad filler episode, but Kevin is starting to get more confidence, Kate wanting to connect more with Randall's wife and Randall trying to move his heart along from Deja. I enjoyed it because I like 'visiting' the family every week. But it was not as good as some of the other episodes.

Is it just me or is Ron Howard looking kind of skinny?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was very good.

We are seeing that Kevin as a kid was not the arrogant, confident guy, but sweet, sensitive and worried about something bad happening.

And I loved that you can't go wrong with a couple
of big-assed hens 😀.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a sweet show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we are going to have these so called filler shows...I am all for it...means we have years of storytelling....otherwise we blaze thru all the major events and nothing left to tell after 2 yrs

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am amazed at how the acting of 'teen' versions of the Big 3 resemble the 'adult' versions. That doesn't always happen on flashbacks. You see the "sincereness" of Kevin, the heart of Randall and the insecurities of Kate so clearly in the teens that you believe they are the younger version of the Big 3.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
This was a great episode. That dog was having so much fun being held.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
no comments in two days???

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was a good episode showing Deja's journey back to Randall and Beth's house. Her mom made a good decision. She could see the joy in Deja, just being a kid again and in a stable environment. I just wish she would have told her daughter she was leaving. Another low keyed episode, but helped put some 'layers' to Deja's character.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought it was another great episode, too, but I wish Randall and Beth could have somehow helped the mother as well. She obviously loves Deja and is really down on her luck, but it's only going to hurt her daughter more for her to just walk out of her life without saying goodbye.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
She is "down on her luck" because she often chose a no good guy over Déjà.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I believe that Randall and Beth, while letting Deja live with them, would still allow the mother full access to her daughter.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I agree. I enjoyed this ep, really got to know Deja. She broke my heart at the end when she said she was so tired. Sleep sweet girl, sleep

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The foster home episodes really kill me. I find them really triggering from my childhood PTSD having been in the system.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would hope mom left Deja a note.

I was happy that she was so loved by her great grandma.

I like episodes like this.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I thought Randall & Beth would offer Deja & her mom an apartment in their building... and possibly a job as manager.

Then again, that probably wouldn't solve her problems being that her problem seems to be that Deja isn't (has never been) her priority. Deja would probably be better off without that mom, but not to wake up and just find her gone.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I thought they were going to offer the mom an apartment in that building too. Actually they still might....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just hope they don't let mom leave without saying goodbye to Deja.