TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 03, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Kevin "probably" Saves the World: Archive through January 03, 2018 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What a fun show to watch.... an interesting premise. Okay, it's not anywhere close to reality, but hopeful all the same. The back stories of the main characters are about as real as you can get. Having said that, Josh Ritter is just perfect for the part. I see his dad in him, but this part is all him. The inquisitive daughter who lost her dad is wonderful and the budding relationship between the 2 may be the best part of the show. The 'Meteor' messenger is also very good. I would say that the twin sister's part was the weakest point about the show, but I'm sure they will expand it.

This is now on my must watch list.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I recorded it but haven't watched it yet...thanks for the critique because now perhaps I will tear myself away from Halloween baking shows and watch this one...LOL!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Mine too. I really enjoyed it.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I recorded but hadn't watched yet. Was waiting for reviews or to see if it got canceled in a couple of weeks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loved it and just exactly what this world needs right now. Jason Ritter is a treasure, just like his father.

I tweeted during the show and he liked all my tweets so he is definitely my BFF now. He told a sweet story about how when they filmed the closet scene, no one noticed but there was a Clifford the Big Red Dog game in there. It wasn't planned. His dad did the voice and he said he didn't believe in coincidences but he likes to think that his dad was giving his approval.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow Mamie, I didn't see that. I don't Tweet, just follow.... I may need to follow him now!

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
How cool about Clifford the Big Red Dog and dad giving a nod of approval. Just the other day, I was thinking Jason Ritter is one celebrity I'd love to see on Tyler Henry's Hollywood Medium show (so 'we' could hear from John) ☺

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Mamie, how sweet is that, I love him even more!!

My hubby and I watched, it was really slow. My hubby has way more patience than I do and even he thought it was slow. We will give it one more ep.

I want to love this show because I adore Jason, he is so much like his dad. Im off to follow him on twitter!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think I saw the guard from Orange Is The New Black on this Kevin show from scenes for next week. I guess that explains why he left Orange.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I finally got around to watching this today. I loved it. Jason Ritter is such a sweetheart. He reminds me so much of his dad, who I also loved. This show has a lot of heart. They were establishing characters this week. Hopefully it will move a little faster next episode.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode. It's not a fast paced show, but I think it moves along nicely. I'm sure the policeman who brought the used carburetor for the sister likes her. She's oblivious. As Kevin told her, she's broken too. She just doesn't see anything beyond losing Kevin, after losing her husband.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
"I can be your haunted truck"

I just love the sweetness of this show. It is not fast moving but it is joyous and heartwarming and I think we so need that right now.

The vision in the elevator was interesting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes! I forgot about that line...
The introduction of the old girlfriend may be interesting too.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Did John Ritter raise Kevin Ritter? I thought he left his wife and family and married Amy Yasbeck and started a new family.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
His name is Jason Ritter. Kevin is the name of the character that he is playing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Oops

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show is heartwarming. Reminds me of Touched by An Angel or Highway to Heaven.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jason would have been around 19 when hisparents divorced.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Fun Fact: I read that in the opening credits of Three's company, there's a little boy in it... that was Jason.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The opening scene of this last week's show was so good! So well choreographed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kevin's guardian angel is kind of mean.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought in the first episode she specifically told Kevin that she's not a "guardian angel" but rather a "warrior of god". In any case, I remember being left with the idea that she admitted there are angels even though she's not one herself.

Or did I mis-hear that?

Since then I've been wondering if an actual guardian angel might show up and have a different idea on how to help Kevin (just my own speculation)...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know. I forgot. I keep thinking of when she saved him from the truck. But that whole walking in his sleep thing to the rooftop of the school seemed mean to me. I know it was for comic effect, but I wasn't amused.

Maybe Kevin's the "guardian angel" and the other lady (does she even have a name?) is just there to keep him alive. He seems to be more of an angel since he's helping people.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So last night I fell upon this show on tv! It was a new episode but I liked it so much, I went on Shaw Demand and watched 2 more episodes. Unfortunately they didn't have it from the beginning but they did have episode 5 onwards.

I just love Jason Ritter, he resembles his father John Ritter so much. He is such a good actor. This is a real 'feel good' show, just what I need on my tv watching list as so much I have is 'dark'.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I really like it also.