TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 09, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is such a great show (though I’m still on Season 1).

They’ve said that Jack will continue to appear. After all, he always has been dead (in the present).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am glad Gerald McRaney will be back.

I liked him on Simon and Simon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loved this show!!! Cried like a baby through the whole thing. Loved that they showed how each family member deals with the day in their own way. I was disappointed (although in a good way) that the little boy is not going to be fostered by Randall's family. I was so hoping he would be going home with them, but then to see it's the future and Randall is taking Tess to dinner just like he said he would, that was so sweet.

It's no wonder this show keeps winning so many awards. Just so well written and true to life. I was okay with not hearing how Rebecca told the kids and how Kate told Kevin. We can all imagine how hard and heartbreaking that was for them as a family. I like the way they did it.

Still sniffling.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Starr, I understand what you are saying about the date. But the fact that their dad so loved the Super Bowl is what tied in their minds the game with his death.
My husband’s brother died in a car accident when he was in college on May 14. That day happened to be Mother’s Day that year. My mother in law never celebrated Mother’s Day again.
(We won’t discuss the fact that she was still, in fact, a mother of a very live son!)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The episode was centered around Jack's death coinciding with the Super Bowl. The game was generally a family day for them. The Super Bowl started @ 5:30 pm CST and it is already starting to get dark in CST.
It really annoyed me that it was bright and sunny EST when Kevin called Rebecca who was watching the game in process. It should have been very dark where Kevin was sitting against the tree. Which could have added to confusion finding a tree he hadn't seen for 20 years. That is an almost unforgivable oversight from a production standpoint.

Overall, the episode was underwhelming.

The lizard not giggling no more was funny. Again, really liked grown up Tess finding a foster family for the little guy.

Enjoyed seeing Bill Irwin again. Saw him and his partner do their act in NYC a couple years ago. If you want to see him in another dramatic role, I thought he was quite good in Rachel Getting Married.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I still don't know why Kate thinks it's her fault. It's not like Rebecca was told that because he went back into the house is what caused the heart attack.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I could hazard a guess that since Kate, Randall & Rebecca all got out at the same time, they suffered less smoke inhalation than Jack did as he went back for mementos and Kate's dog. The smoke inhalation caused his heat attack. Kate was screaming for the dog and Jack went back in the house for the dog, breathing in more smoke, so she blames herself.
}

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is probably the reason they will give but I still dont think she should.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Milo says Jack went back for important things, not just the dog.

Rebecca mentioned a widowmaker heart attack. Lots of talk online that smoke inhalation would probably not be the cause of a widowmaker situation.

Mandy said that when she shot the scene where she went back into the room, she had no idea Milo was even on the set; they blindsided her.

I thought it was well done.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, at the end, didn't they show some of those things? My memory is vague, but I don't think I made it up. He didn't just get the dog, but he got something for everyone...oh, like the tape he made of Kate singing her song!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Rebecca's necklace.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes. So it wasn't just the dog.

More than you ever wanted to know about widowmakers:

http://time.com/5133947/widowmaker-heart-attack-this-is-us/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they just used the term as a way of saying it was a sudden, unfixable heart attack, even though it has a more specific definition.

Unless of course they tell us more about it later, which they might do!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought the character of the Dr played by Gerald McRainy had died last season while Jack was still alive. Does anyone else remember that?

I also think this episode, "The Car", is were we really see Mandy Moore shine, much better than the "Super Bowl Sunday" episode.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Dr K’s wife had died and he was struggling. But in one episode he runs into a woman who I guess becomes his new wife that we see years later...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Dr. K talks to Jack about lemons and then decides to take his own advice.

This is a beautiful show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, I thought it was a perfectly quiet show with so much to offer the viewers. It doesn't have to be all flash bang for me. After the funeral and telling Jack they would be okay, Rebecca drove over the bridge that she had an aversion to, eyes on the road, determined. Beautiful, understated episode. Love Dr. K. Love Jack explaining why he needed THAT car for his family. Just a gorgeous episode for me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Love and tears. This show deserves every honor and award it gets.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I remember the Dr's wife died and I thought Jack once referred to the Dr as having died when he was talking about him to one or all of the kids.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved that the Doc remarried!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jack's coffee cup was still sitting in the holder in the car.

I am glad they are going to go to the Springsteen concert. Jack would have insisted on that

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lol, Jack's favorite tree was the one closest to the telephones.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Clearly, we still need to know the story of Jack's brother and their experiences in Vietnam. That may take a few seasons to get through.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
More seasons, yeah!

I noticed the coffee cup.. Of course they zoomed in on it, sort of like they did with the smoke alarm.

We have to have smoke alarms in every bedroom and on every level. If course if people don't replace batteries that is a problem.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Milo said in an interview that viewers shouldn’t be worried about his not being on the show anymore now that we know how he died because he was already dead when the show started! LOL