TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through February 07, 2018 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Oh another show if you didn't catch it on TV that is on Netflix is "The Good Place" with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell. Such a funny and clever show.

It was brought to my mind as they just had a new episode on TV as well I went to a new Pharmacy and the Pharmacist name was Chidi! I had never even heard of that name until this show and then to come across someone in real life with the name; he was a tall, handsome african man with a british accent. So that too was a combination I haven't seen myself. lol

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua....thanks for your recommendation; have you watched "Ann with an 'E'"?

No, I haven't. I'd never heard of this production. The only other I'd heard of apart from the Sullivan Production has Martin Sheen as Matthew Cuthbert.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree, the Sullivan production of Anne of Green Gables is the superior telling.

The 1st PBS show 2016 with Martin Sheen was very disappointing, the 2017 episode was much improved.

Anne With An E on Netflix is good, a bit darker but not bad.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Have watched "Grandchester" for a couple of seasons now and like most adore the beautiful to look at Vicar.
Just finished watching "Last Tango in Halifax". It is about a couple who meet up again after 60 years. Sounds like "As Time Goes By" but it is more of a drama than a comedy but still enjoyed it. The posh daughter in Last Tango is in one I just started watching "Happy Valley" and so is the charming Vicar from Grandchester but in this show he is evil personified....it is taking some adapting to but is a very interesting show I would recommend. Kind of reminds me of shows like "The Killing" where the whole season is spent basically solving one big crime with character development and relationships added in. Actually it is kind of like "Broadchurch" I would say.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It was brought to my mind as they just had a new episode on TV as well I went to a new Pharmacy and the Pharmacist name was Chidi! I had never even heard of that name until this show and then to come across someone in real life with the name"

Mizinvanccouver, you just experienced the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon!

The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon

"You may have heard about Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon before. In fact, you probably learned about it for the first time quite recently. If not, then you just might hear about it again very soon. Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one stumbles upon some obscure piece of information—often an unfamiliar word or name—and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly. Anytime the phrase “That’s so weird, I just heard about that yesterday" would be appropriate, the utterer is hip-deep in Baader-Meinhof."

<snip>

Full article/explanation here:
https://www.damninteresting.com/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon/

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sanfranjoshfan....ha ha ha....that is so neat there is a name for it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Fascinating. I'd heard of that before but I didn't know the name for it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, it happens all the time to me when I do crossword puzzles. It really is the oddest thing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It has happened to me a lot over the years. I was thrilled to learn about the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon because it let me know I wasn't just crazy after experiencing so many bizarre coincidences of hearing mention of something so soon after learning about it the first time.

I'll bet some of you guys will hear about "Baader-Meinhof" somewhere else very soon!

:-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Get your binge time on..............Frankie & Grace has dropped.........

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just watched Season 1 yesterday. What a hoot! My sister told me it gets better with every new season,

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Watched the new season of Grace and Frankie yesterday. Couldn't stop watching. So funny.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Mamie - I enjoyed it too, I don't think it was a good as other seasons. I had some chuckles but not "LOL" moments and, I really hated the ending.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand how they could have gotten there in the first place. Where were their ex-husbands? Wouldn't they have stopped it? (Don't want to give too much away)

I had a lot of laugh out loud moments. I just love these two. I want to be Frankie when I grow up.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Mamie. I also felt it could have all been explained and all would have been fine.. except for..

SPOILERS BELOW

maybe the ice cream truck.

And what about a lawsuit for the contractor... what about the police?

What about Lisa Kudrow? Seemed more of a story there to me.

What happened to the neighbors?

If those were my kids, I would have been pissed.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in the season and realized that I am not fond of any of the 4 adult children midway through.
Then when I reached the end meaning no more episodes I was wanting more closure.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Comment on Grace and Frankie with spoilers

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I thought for sure Grace's rich boyfriend was going to come out of the house at the end like a knight in shining armor having bought the house to keep strangers from buying it. And then he hands Grace and Frankie the keys.

That's how I wanted it to end. The actual ending wasn't enjoyable.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Good point Naja.........I sure hope this was not the final season.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Naja.. I was hoping the same thing. I am hoping that is what happens next season.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
If you're a Zac Posen fan, Netflix has a documentary on him that is really well done. It's called "House of Z".

It's about his rise to fame then his fall and then his rise again. Most of it is done with home videos.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Overall, I liked season 4 of Grace & Frankie.
I don't care for their children too much, especially Brianna.
Love watching Sol and Robert navigating their relationship and coming out as older gentlemen.

I would kick 100 nuns and puppies to live in that beach house. I would kick 75 nuns and puppies to live in Sol & Robert's house.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So I have been checking out "Black Lightening" (It's on TV as well on Netflix) which is another Marvel or DC creation, not sure, actually I think it is DC. I decided after 4 episodes it's not for me. It's about gangs/drugs and just too violent for my liking.

I also checked out the first episode of "Altered Carbon" (Netflix) as I enjoy sci-fi but it too is very violent. It is sort of "Blade Runner" feel to it but too much violence for my liking.

I'm into "Mindhunter" on Netflix. It's interesting enough to have me into episode 4. Not phenomenal but I haven't got much to watch on Netflix these days as I have watched a lot on there. LOL

Any recommendations?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you're a Fred Armisen fan, his new comedy special came out yesterday.
"Fred Armisen: Standup for Drummers".

He only let drummers be in the audience, and they tested them at the door. LOL
His comedy is very clean and light. I just love him.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I will check it out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A new Queer Eye (For the Straight Guy) is now airing on Netflix. Five new guys.