TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through January 02, 2018 users admin

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Season 2 is airing on my PBS channel now... where can I watch Season 1?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Don't know. I watched season 1 when it originally aired on WTTW / PBS station in Chicago area. Months - year ago.

Season 1 was originally a Scandinavian series. Then U.S. did it (The Bridge?), then British/French which aired on PBS.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Thanks!! I'll have to look for it...

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I tried the British/French version and didn't enjoy it very much. Needed closed caption for it.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Very excited to see that PBS is doing a three part mini-series of Little Women on Masterpiece. Haven't been able to find an air date yet, though. By the same people who do Call the Midwife.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Oh yea! Thanks Scout. What PBS do you watch? The timetables vary significantly at times I find with the one I watch.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I usually praise Frontline for their unbiased look at current events, but the two part show on Putin's revenge, was a bit one-sided I think. I like the way they illustrated Putin's obsession with the US and Putin's paranoia that the US were interfering with his affairs. That it was so, they made it clear, but Frontline kept hammering at Putin's retaliation and Putin's revenge. I didn't like this so much, I wanted to see a bit more even criticism, since both sides played dirty.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Victoria returns in January. I watched with interest the first season, loved the scenography and attention to details of life and places around the young queen and casting was excellent. I saw a sneak peek of the second season and comments by the cast and seems to be even better than the first season.
The French channel is airing it now and I like it more and more. Soon PBS will re-air the first season and I'll watch it again and go back in time. Thank you PBS !!

Ann

09-27-2005

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
QUOTE:
"Very excited to see that PBS is doing a three part mini-series of Little Women on Masterpiece. Haven't been able to find an air date yet, though. By the same people who do Call the Midwife."

LITTLE WOMEN
As engaging today as in 1868, Louisa May Alcott’s story follows sisters Jo (Maya Hawke), Meg (Willa Fitzgerald), Beth (Annes Elwy) and Amy (Kathryn Newton) who, together with Laurie (Jonah Hauer-King), journey to adulthood. The cast also includes Emily Watson, Angela Lansbury, Dylan Baker and Michael Gambon.

This new adaptation of Little Women premieres Sunday, May 13th, 2018.

The Child in Time
Based on Ian McEwan’s prize-winning novel, The Child In Time is a lyrical and heart-breaking exploration of love, loss and the power of things unseen. Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Parade’s End) will star as Stephen Lewis, a successful writer of children’s books, who is confronted with the unthinkable: the loss of a child.

The 90-minute drama will air on MASTERPIECE on Sunday, April 1st, 2018.

UNFORGOTTEN
Nicola Walker (Last Tango in Halifax) and Sanjeev Bhaskar (Indian Summers) star as police officers investigating the hcold-case murder of a boy whose diary implicates four seemingly unconnected couples in a thriller that The Guardian (UK) hailed as “so much more than a satisfying murder mystery.”

See it premiere Sunday, April 8th, 2018 on MASTERPIECE.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Ann- thanks for the info! They alll sound really good but I’m most excited for Little Women:-)

Ann

09-27-2005

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Scout. I loved Little Women as a young girl and am quite looking forward to this latest version.

The Child in Time looks like it will be good also....can't wait. I love PBS programming.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Unforgotten is very good.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
There is a Holiday Special of Call The Midwife that is airing tomorrow night.
Can't wait - I love this show!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 25, 2017 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too, Scout!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 25, 2017 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Saw my first
Call the Midwife show tonight. It was good!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 25, 2017 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It will record tonight!!

Can't wait.

Becks if you can watch from the beginning, you will love every season.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought Trixie looked preggers in the Christmas special, sure enough, the actress Helen George, had a baby girl in October. Daddy is the actor playing the minister Tom who was Trixie's former beau on the series.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
that is so funny Sugar, what a tangled web we weave...her tv ex married to her tv co-star is the father of her real life baby...funny and all in the family...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, I love this show!!! I just (finally) watched Call the Midwife and sobbed through most of it. They always manage to make me laugh and cry. What a great show! Can't wait till the new season starts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just hope Barbara and her husband, Trixie's ex, Helen's mate.. Will be back on the show.

I gather the first show will be set in Africa again and they will also have a new midwife this season who is West indian..

I loved the special.

I miss St Evangelia, Chummy, Cynthia/Sr Mary Cynthia, but love the current cast..

And how wonderful that the tv is back.. I hated that the horrible Sr Ursula banished it.

Sr Monica Joan was so happy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did they address where the lesbian couple was?They were not on the Christmas special.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read that those characters would not be returning this year. Don't know what happened to them. Did they go off somewhere at the end of last season? I can't remember a thing that happened last season!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't remember either Babyjax,Darn I was looking forward to their story and the coming out to the nuns and midwives.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, nobody was coming out in 1962, especially to nuns, so I don't think there was very much they could do with that storyline.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At the end of last season, Patsy returned and said wherever they went, it would be together. The two actresses were also leaving the show.

And the season this year will be set in 1963. They are very careful to stay true to events, fashion and music of the time in the UK