TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2018 users admin

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Are you all following the new CrockpotCares on Twitter. Milo did a spot that shows him using a Crockpot. https://twitter.com/crockpotcares?lang=en

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yup. It's a hoot. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
#CrockPotisInnocent

Too funny.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, the fire didn’t do it?...smoke inhalation?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Heart attack. So sad.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The very end caught me off guard. Loved it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
For those recording -- Central time. Started at 9:45 - 11:05. Episode was on the schedule as one hour, 20 minutes. The cast is going to be on Jimmy Fallon tonight.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I didn't find it to be a "tearjerker" or worthy of a solitary tear episode at all. It was pretty much as I expected and predicted months ago vis-a-vis the demise of Jack.
I loved the end being future Tess finding a foster family for a little boy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was kind of disappointed in this ep. I thought the producers said people would be surprised about the death, that he wouldnt die like we thought. I expected more, I think it was overhyped. Thought it would be way more sad. I wanted to see Becka go to Jack in the bed. I wanted to HEAR how she told the kids. I wanted to HEAR Kate tell Kev.

I liked the ending scene, didnt see that coming.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It seems like every time we feel they didn't show us something we wanted to see from the past, they do end up showing it in a later episode with some other current tragedy it will fit in with.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Too much tie-in / hype with real life Super Bowl. I think that contributed to lack of impact of the episode. It should have been a we'll-promoted regular Tuesday night episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We get a new ep in two days, so this one will be behind us soon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved it. Lots of surprises tons of Tears buckets and buckets and buckets and lots of laughs and spectacular surprises. A perfect episode. If I have one minor gripe it would be that I felt underwhelmed by Miguel tonight.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Also I adore Bill Irwin and was delighted to see him as the doctor. He's renowned for his comedy roles and it was the first time I remember seeing him in a straight dramatic role. He was terrific.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I was quite underwhelmed and wished I had just gone to bed instead of staying up so late to watch it

I did LOL at "he ain't giggling no more!"

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I loved it. I cried, I laughed, as with nearly every episode. I enjoyed seeing how each family member dealt with that day. Kevin, possibly at the wrong tree - LOL. Kate with the vhs tape - made me love Toby even more. Loved the surprising twist with Tessa and the little boy going to a foster family.

The only negative thought I had with this episode was that the Superbowl is a different date. It's always a Sunday, but the date changes. I lost a son years ago. I always black out that date on every calendar I have. In this case, I think I'd have to black out both dates - the Superbowl AND the actual date.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I loved the episode but was expecting more. Did ya'll notice the superbowl playing on the tv was the actual game from last night? Not sure how they pulled off an edit so fast.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I loved it!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Mandy Moore was fantastic! And Sterling shared that Justin Hartley did the tree scene all in one take.

We all knew it was coming, but Dan Fogelman did not disappoint! As he's said all along, how Jack dies is not the purpose of the show. We all gathered around it, but the show is so much bigger. Loved the Tess twist and that her "sister" showed up on the front doorstep. That last few minutes was really the highlight of the show for me. They're sneaky that way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Personally, it was very satisfying for me. Yes, I wanted to know exactly how he died, but the more meaningful parts to me were the quieter ones. Kate deciding that the cloud was a better place to secure her memories and realizing that Toby was very much like her father. Randall, oh Randall, anything he does... talking to his daughter telling her about when he first saw her. Even the daughter, hanging up the phone because she feared that a foster child might replace her in her father's heart... then, to flash forward to her as an adult aiding foster children to find new families. Kevin, just talking to his mother about the day and the scene by the tree. So poignant, then confessing that he wasn't sure it was the same tree. Mandy Moore gave another outstanding performance. I related to her in that moment when he died. Not knowing what to do, trying to be strong for her kids. Just going through the motions. Overall, I thought it was a wonderful episode.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Also, I figured the parts that we wanted to see, but did not... Mandy Moore not going to the bedside once she realized Jack was gone, what Kate told Kevin.. those will come later as their story unwinds more. I didn't need to see those last night.

I remember when my mom died, I was the only one who was with her as she passed on. It was over 8 months before I told anyone in my family what happened in those last few moments. And, I only told part of it, not all. With my dad, it was similar. I have never talked to anyone in my family about his final moments. They are mine. So, I get that the story of the final moments will come later.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, that's the whole style of the show. That it flips between today and the past. So they have to leave stuff for us to view.

I'm sure Jack may still be a part of the show too, in those flashbacks.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was the first time they flipped to the future. So, we may see them at a later life now.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm sure Jack may still be a part of the show too, in those flashbacks."

I have no doubt that Jack will still be a part of the show...his story has always been in flashbacks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was sobbing like a baby. I was taken back to losing my father and all those feelings. My dad was a Jack. He was the best father. He could make anyone feel like the most important person in the room. His funeral was proof of that. It was standing room only. There were people outside the church, standing. I think when I see Jack, I see that. I also feel as if these actors act the hell out of their scenes.