TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 26, 2018 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
This can't be good for crockpot sales....just saying...

George's crockpot also has a Twitter account now.... guess Miguel is not the most hated character on the show anymore....

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
/link{https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/this-is-us-fans-vow-to-never-use-a-crock-pot-again-after-fire/}

Okay so I forgot how to link an article.. BUT this sure is a good read, especially all the tweets!! so Funny!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Companies do tell you to unplug their appliances when not in use.

Also, the Crock Pot of 20 years ago was probably not as save as the Crock Pots of today.

The light was on on the Crock Pot when he started cleaning.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
He turned if off, but we also had the scene where the elderly neighbor told him ‘you have to jiggle the oord sometimes’

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I still think I called it in my September 27, 2017 8:25 pm post. Jack will die trying to save the dog during the fire.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Also, the Crock Pot of 20 years ago was probably not as save as the Crock Pots of today.

Old early crock pots were Rival Crock Pot. Today Rival is no longer -- at least not where crock pots are concerned. Crock Pot is the brand name. I have both. Early crock pots could be better.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sugar, I think we've all surmised that Jack probably dies going back for the dog. That's why Kate feels like it's her fault. When Jack patted him on the head on his way through the living room, I thought, "Why isn't that dog upstairs with Kate? Why does he have to sleep all alone in the living room?" Poor little guy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too.. In an earlier episode, Kate left the dog in her bedroom.

No one expects a dog to stay loose in a bed when there are young people in the house to snuggle with.

Blame the crockpot!

Blame the smoke alarm...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Our dogs never slept in our beds. I think it is rather gross but other people don't seem to mind it. It was a bit harder to keep kitties out of bed as they kept crawling back in and we kept putting them back out until they learned to stay out. People in people beds and animals in animal beds.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had one dog on the bed, others in crates. When I got my waterbed, the dogs didn't like it and later my cat was the same.

But it still seemed odd that the dog seen sleeping on Kate's bed wouldn't at least be in her room, even if he was in a dog bed.

Not a big issue, but a dog in a bedroom might have been carried out when the people got out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Our dogs always slept in the garage, never our beds. I don’t really remember crates being a big thing in that timeframe.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Our dachshund always slept with me when I was little. She was a bed hog! Always slept sideways!

We now have a chihuahua and a Yorkie Poo. Chihuahua likes to be in bed with us, but the Yorkie Poo prefers the floor or her own bed. They both like to be in the same room with us. We're their pack, after all!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, no crates in childhood. We did get a dog, or my brother did, when I was in HS. He slept on my brother's bed, and did so for years after we had both left home. He had a bed in my parents' bedroom as well. NOT their bed.

During the 70s and a bit beyond, I was involved in breeding, showing, training Labradors and then we had crates and most people in that game used them.

I wouldn't think the dog in this show would have a crafe, just that he would sleep in Kate's room.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My dog knows she can sleep anywhere she wants too,

She frequently snubs me to sleep on a bed in one of the other bedrooms.

She gets annoyed if I move around too much in the bed.

Was Kate's dog saved? Wasn't she out some where and came home to see the dog on the lawn after the fire.

My dog never reacts to barking dogs on tv, but last night, when young Kate's dog barked twice, she woke from her sleep, jumped off the couch, and ran to the windows to find the 'barker'.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I am going to have a hard time watching the next episode :-(

How sad that all the kids went out and left their Dad and Mom to watch the Superbowl alone when it was a tradition for the whole family to watch together every year.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Didn't Randall come home? Was he the only kid that did.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kate and Randall were both at home during the fire in the preview right at the end of the show.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Yes Randall came home.

I was referring to them missing out watching Superbowl with their Dad, I am sure they are all going to feel really badly about this. Kevin will also feel bad about not talking to his Dad on the phone when he called to say he was going sleep over, as well as for not being home.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
But, they were being normal teenagers, wanting to break away and be with their friends instead of mom and dad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, they were at the age when kids need to be breaking away.

It was sad because Jack called it the last super bowl, assuming that next year the big three would be off at college for that day.

When the fire was raging, it seems like Ja C would assume that Kevin was home and in the basement, since he left the note for Kevin.

Rebecca did know Kevin was staying at Sophie's.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Jack knew Kevin wasn't home. I felt that he left the note for Kevin to find when he came home, cause Jack would have already left for work.

Kevin was at Sophie's (spent the night). Kate went to a party at Molly's, but came home after the game. Randall went to the movies with Allison, but came home after. None of them were there for "the last Super Bowl."

And yes, they are the age when kids are starting to break away from their parents, but they will still feel bad that they weren't with their dad for the last game. You can still feel guilty and remorseful, even when you didn't do anything wrong.

I absolutely agree with you, Sportsfan. This next episode (which is a week from Sunday, not this Sunday) will be a tough one to watch. Stock up on Kleenex. It will be a sad one.

Side note: hubby and I started dating in 1998. I'm pretty sure Titanic was the first movie we ever saw together, but we didn't see it until sometime in April. It was in theaters for a long time, since it was so popular. Once was enough for me. Such a sad movie.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did they really go to the movies?

I thought they just made out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe they made out at the movie?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But the fire woke him up, Jack might have thought Kevin could be home, if Rebecca was asleep when Jack went upstairs.

Guess we may know soon.

Randall said he got a 💋 kiss, probably at the 🎥 movie.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I guess it was a movie kiss.

Didn't somebody say something about a party in the woods though.