TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 21, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What did They forget at the mall?

They forget the batteries at the mall.

The battery for the smoke alarm.

I was just staring at that in the last scene just now!!

I like Randall and Beth having a mutual project that will honor William's memory.

Nice touch to have Billie Holiday singing at the end.

Kate and new friend might just help each other.

Feel good about Miguel now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Many years ago when I belonged to Overeaters Anonymous which is a 12-step program like Alcoholics Anonymous anyway I was a Sponsor to a Bulimic which is what the blonde girl is playing. Which is mirroring the story on This Is Us. Except I was never as heavy as Kate. Anyhow my point is that food issues are food issues. It's a same idea as if someone who is an alcoholic with a preference for beer is a sponsor to somebody who's an alcoholic who has a preference for wine. So while Kate and I aren't bulimic because we don't binge and barf, just binge, we can still have compassion for and be there to support those who are. Anyhow I was in my twenties at the time I'm in my sixties now so it was quite a while ago. By the way I'm pretty sure that those group sessions Kate attends are Overeaters Anonymous meetings on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just hope Kate stops making the snarky remarks to that woman.. Not that we see group meetings often on the show, but Kate has not been kind OF understanding in the past, or in this meeting, so it was nice that she actually was there for her and did really understand that there are similar issues.

But I am still wishing that Jack had bought the batteries!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Aha, I wasn't the only one to get the hint..

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2284422/this-is-us-just-dropped-a-big-clue-about-jacks-death

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/us-finally-revealed-causes-jack-030048353.html

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
But, we don't really know if he died in the fire.... or the fire is a red herring about his death. Nothing is ever what it seems on this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they made a big red herring about the battery, needing them, forgetting them, mentioning forgetting, camera sooner in.

And whatever happened must be soon.. Kevin in a cast, Kate having the dog, Randall now has the girlfriend.

And Jack working with electrical tools in the basement, where he surged and blew the electricity.

But we will see, of course.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved how Miguel told Kev he was there to protect Rebecca.

Im anxious to see how Rebecca made money after Jack died because that house her and Miguel live in is really nice

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We do know that Miguel must have moved.. Remember that Rebecca had been widowed awhile when she was convinced to sign up for Facebook and ran into Miguel there.

Maybe he made money for the nice house and maybe Jack had good life insurance?

Of course tv homes usually look awfully goos.. Except William's old apartment.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that Miguel had done pretty well for himself. He was in Texas, or someplace like that, when Rebecca found him.

But, he lied to Kevin about being in love with Rebecca. From various past flashbacks, I believe that he was in love with her back then.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was hoping the whole episode that Randall would find the cat and bring him home with him, but then at the end it seems he does have a new home and someone who loves him. Poor Clooney!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was wondering why it took Randall this long to ck on the cat!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too Pamy.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't think Miguel lied about being in love with Rebecca years ago prior to Jack's death. They were all friends and I think he appreciated that Rebecca was a sweet, kind and pretty person who loved his best friend. We never saw any inappropriate behavior or lingering looks.

I did watch one of those after shows and Sterling K Brown said we would know how Jack dies this season.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Ditto sugar

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too. I don't think Miguel was in love with Rebecca. He might have been a little jealous of his buddy Jack and his awesome relationship, but I didn't see anything inappropriate. He and Rebecca were brought together through their mutual love of Jack. I see nothing wrong with that. It's not that uncommon when a spouse dies and the surviving spouse becomes close to one of his/her close friends. My uncle married my aunt's best friend not long after she died. She was willing to take care of him and men have trouble being alone, especially when they're older. They were only married a couple of years before he passed away, too, but I know all the kids were fine with it.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
》 whatever happened must be soon.. Kevin in a cast, Kate having the dog

And Kate was telling Madison "right before my dad died, I got really skinny..." which was when she was dress shopping for the winter dance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also was thinking that Randall should have checked on the cat as soon as his dad was living away from the cat.

I hope Clooney sticks with that boy.

I also hope they address the issue.. When you redo a building, where do the current residents go?

I know Beth and Randall wouldn't be looking to gentrify, as in evict everyone, rebuild and rent to people who can pay more, but the issue is a good one to bring up.

I don't think Miguel was lying at all. He loved Jack, supported Jack, still bristles when someone speaks ill of Jack.

He didn't stalk Rebecca, wasn't even in the same state. They reconnected and probably bonded over the shared loss of Jack.

Starr, yes! Good catch on Kate getting skinny right before Jack died.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im thinking Miguel Kev and Randall are going to create the Big 3 construction and that co will do the renovations

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I love your idea I hope you're right.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that is brilliant!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was really mad at those kids who were chasing the cat, just to be mean.

It is a good thing they had a little boy feeding him in the end! lol

I love Billie Holiday's voice and have two of her cd's.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, I loved that you posted such a great post twice!! lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dog, me too and I was afraid the cat would be killed. sooo happy it made a loving friend

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, I guess I will leave both, since you were double brilliant!!