TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through January 07, 2018 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Actually, Black Mirror is on Netflix. I'm not absolutely 100% positive but I believe Amazon only has season 1-2 available for streaming.

Black Mirror season 4 release date: When is Black Mirror season 4 out? Trailer, cast, more

<snip>

"Netflix has confimed that Black Mirror season four will be airing on Friday, December 29.

Black Mirror season four will comprise of six new episodes.

Like most Netflix originals, Black Mirror will drop in America at midnight and will be available in the UK from 8am."

<snip>

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/745219/black-mirror-netflix-season-4-release-date-cast-latest-news-rumours

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oops....Rvon, I just realized you were talking about Goliath on Amazon, not Black Mirror.

I just got confused because of the post before yours. I overlooked who posted what!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I binge watched Godless. I'm not a huge fan of westerns, but since this one had so many women as central figures I liked it a lot (although it's awfully brutal at times, as expected). I did not find myself confused at the first episode as others have. It was obvious to me that background was coming in the form of flash backs in bits and pieces and I expected to get a fuller picture as time went on.

I have a lot of respect for settlers that braved the western frontier. I wouldn't have lasted a day! And I laughed at the comments of how bad the deputy smelled. I'm sure they all reeked.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I see you guys are talking about "Goliath" above. We just finished it tonight and we loved it. We love anything with Billy Bob Thornton in it.

But I can't imagine how a season 2 would be better because....

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
What was fun about season 1 was they were broke lawyers. Now they are millionaires. Lawyers get 33% or higher from judgements and settlements.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Black Mirror season 4; just watched the first episode and if you like Star Trek (spoof of the original with William Shatner) and Matt Damon you are in for a treat. It was a fun watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mizi, that was Jesse Plemons, not Matt Damon...But you are right, it was so much fun.

We are on ep 3 as I type. This season is great so far.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Naja, I was thinking the same thing about Season 2 of Goliath. I loved Season 1 so I'm hoping Season 2 will be just a great. Does anyone know when it will start again?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Scout, I just recently finished watching Godless and really enjoyed it too. I did not think I would, but really enjoy the female characters. It was interesting watching/listening to Michelle Dockery without her English accent.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rvon, no one knows when season 2 of Goliath will start yet. The only thing said that I can find online is "2018" and no actual date.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Naja, that wasn't Matt Damon?!!! I could have sworn it was him with makeup. Lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Goliath was really good. I had not heard there would be a season 2. Hmmm.....

Has anyone watched Dark? My sister recommended it to me. I guess it's a German shoe dubbed into English.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If it's the one that I'm thinking of I'd heard of Dark but I'm not a big fan of sub-titles (I didn't know it was dubbed). I've heard that it's really good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After Brenda posted about Dark, I watched the first ep. It's pretty good. Someone is taking the young boys of the town, and there is also something supernatural going on. I'm looking forward to the second ep. And yes, it is dubbed so you don't need subtitles.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just binge watched Goliath. Great show! Thanks to all for the recommendation.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm afraid I have a slightly different review of Dark than the critics and other viewers seem to have.

I thought it was one of the most confusing, complicated and weird shows I've watched. It was hard work (that's a description I don't believe I've ever used for a show before), which is why it took me a month to watch 10 episodes. I felt like I was hanging on by my fingertips through the whole season, meaning, I just barely grasped the basics of what was happening. Plus, there are a lot of characters (and even more actors), and I had a really tough time keeping all of them, and their relationships to each other, straight. Fortunately, just in time for the last 2 episodes, I found on Wikipedia a list of the characters by family, which helped out a little.

What I did like about Dark was what I considered to be the main storyline. I thought it was very intriguing, and was quite invested in seeing how it turned out.

I'm hopeful that some of you who've also watched Dark will have a better appreciation of it than I did, and perhaps can help me understand it better, so I'll have a more positive attitude when the second season comes out. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Finally watched A Christmas Prince. It was cheesy and predictable, extremely formulaic, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Fun way to kill an afternoon. I'm a sucker for the average-girl-falls-in-love-and-marries-royalty plot line (oh come on, we all knew that would be the outcome from the opening credits).

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, all I have left to watch is the finale of "Dark", and you are right, I am totally confused.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched Ep 1 of DArk. Wowza. It sucked me in. But the dubbing is pretty bad. LOL. And the voices don't seem to match the bodies. I have to keep reminding myself to not look at their mouths. :-) Not sure when I will get to continue on, but I'm intrigued.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Naja, let us know when you finish. I'm interested to find out how you felt about the way the season ended.

Brenda, I know what you mean about the voices not suiting the actors. It seemed to me that "the voices" were reading... not acting... the scenes. They were a bit too calm to go with the intensity of some of the scenes. Plus, a lot of them sounded the same to me.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved Dark. I agree that it is hard to follow who everyone is and how they are related. Especially with the multiple time jumps. It definitely helps if you can watch them back to back. Even though it was confusing, it actually made me want to watch it just that much more to try to understand it. I wish we could discuss the episodes and the ending, but I know a lot of people haven't seen them all yet.

I liked it so much I watched it a second time through with my husband. That helped, too, because you see a lot of things you missed the first time. I'm really excited for a second season.

Black Mirror had some pretty good episodes, but I didn't care for it quite as much as the previous seasons. It didn't seem to have as many really new ideas. The first episode and the last were the best. The last episode has some Easter eggs that are fun to spot.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, I didn't feel good about the ending. It gave me a feeling of inescapable dread.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
My 11 y/o daughter and I binge watched "Ann with an 'E'" on Netflix. I vaguely knew the story of Anne of Green Gables and so my first reveal of her famous life. The cinematography is beautiful and the actress who places Anne is brilliant.

I highly recommend watching season one.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Netflix' Anne is with Martin Sheen as Matthew Cuthbert?

Sullivan Entertainment's Anne of Green Gables far far far outshines any other production of it. No question about it. PBS still airs the series occasionally. Buy the DVDs.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love it. When is the new season?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua....thanks for your recommendation; have you watched "Ann with an 'E'"?

Lakecat...I don't know when season 2 is out, only an approximation for later 2018.