TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 13, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I so agree about Toby!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yes and if he didn't fit their "sexy" terminology then what is wrong with The Men of This is Us.

No objectification necessary.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Toby = The new sexy...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Intense show with the therapy session. Then, the big 3 are sitting on a bench and I’m crying.... then laughing when Randall says “Just to clarify, I’m mom’s favorite, right?” Just cracked me up.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
That really was a great show last night. So realistic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wish I could just binge watch the entire season. It's over so fast.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great acting by all of them during that scene!!! felt so real

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Really good!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sniffle. Sobbed through the whole damn thing.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I work at a substance abuse disorder treatment center...that was very real!. I loved the last scene with the mom.
Loved the interaction with the ‘new big 3’.
Randall’s comment about favorite child cracked me up too

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It must be hard being a parent of multiple children. It must be hard enough being a parent of one, but all that juggling on top of it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This was a great episode.. Things getting real!

And some of those things we have wondered about.. Brought up!

Like Miguel.. But I like that he wouldn't join in bashing Jack.. He knew Jack.. They didn't.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
of course i loved Toby's Star Wars references - putting Luke, Leia, Vadar and Obi-Wan on the "inside" and everyone else was "Chewbacca" - and made me smile when he said "if the Chewie fits"... and i think this was one of the only times i did start to tear up - when Rebecca had her breakdown saying Randall was the easy one...

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I loved this episode. It really helped us understand Kevin.
It is so true that often the child that seems so self assured and able to take on the world is hiding insecurities and self doubt. I felt all along that Kevin was the "5th-Wheel" as he put it as Rebeca was so close to Randall and Jack so close to Kate. Kevin was a very observant young boy-he really saw what was going on with his fathers addiction while everyone else seemed to ignore it/gloss it over. Kevin's feelings about his childhood are very complex!

This episode sets up some interesting stuff for the future such as Randall's Daughter feeling left out (like Kevin) and also the reference to the way Jack died which seems to have affected his family so much they can not face it or discuss it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I suspect that How Jack died may be somehow contrary to the image of Jack that they all have. They all appear to be in denial about something that only Kevin seems to acknowledge but isn’t allowed to vocalize.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhh good theory!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did Kevin hide Randall's glasses under the bed, or did he just find them there?

Maybe the mom should have said "Have you seen Randall's glasses? instead of "Did you take Randall's glasses?" to Kevin.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He just found them. I think Randall mislaid them there.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I still think Jack's drinking will be a prominent feature/cause of his death.

I did like this episode, would have enjoyed more of Toby, Both and Miguel.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Beth not Both. #!$.&\:"#$#(,.":&# auto correct

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 2:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought he hid them, but hope he just found them.

But Randall was and is pretty obsessed with organization so I don't see him losing them under a bed.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kooklibird and Sea.

I think Jack died in a fire didn't he?

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
After the storm woke Kevin up (he was a little afraid) Kevin saw the glasses that Randall dropped under his bed and could not see well enough to find.

That is why Kevin went into his parents bedroom-to let his mom know, and then found his two siblings in bed with Jack and Rebecca.
The point here was Kevin was left to sleep alone (I am sure this was not intentional by his parents,just another example of how they felt Kevin was the tough self-reliant child and the other two kids were more needy/sensitive) I believe as they show us more of Kevin that we will find that although he has a tough exterior that he is actually the most sensitive of the three.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, they have led us to believe that he died in the fire, but with all the twists and turns, who knows? But, I do think the drinking played a part in however he died.