TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 03, 2017 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In her youth, she escaped the grow your hair long and "put it up", so she got to "bob" her hair.

My mom was in high school and college in the '20s. In her church confirmation photo (just before high school), she had long banana curls. By high school graduation -- short bob. After she died (at age 89 in 1996), I found a bag labeled "Hair". Don't know, but I think it could be that hair!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 2:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My mom was born in 1914.

Her sister was a couple years older.

I only remember them both with short hair.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So, they called this a "fall finale" or maybe a "winter finale". Does that mean we will get more new episodes next spring?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am so sad that this won’t be on till January!
Such a good show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It will be back January 2.

I 'bout had a heart attack tonight. Screamed!!! He didn't know his niece was in the backseat. I expected a crash. Maybe death or horrific injury . . . next time Randall sees Kevin.

D U I

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Color, me too! I thoughty she was going to die

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Me three

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am liking Kevin more and more, but come one..... a DUI? Can't there be a better storyline for him.

What I did enjoy was the how the last 3 episodes were intertwined. My heart broke when Randall said goodbye to Dayja(sp?) He is such a good actor. Or the younger Randall telling his dad in the car how he feels out of place all the time when the dad commented on the 'pause' before saying "this is my dad". Again, the dad taking him to the Vietnam wall and talking a bit about out he felt out of place coming home. Randall took a lot on his shoulders at a young age. The younger Randall is an excellent actor too. He really conveyed the joy of feeling comfortable for once, during his visit to Howard.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just love this show.

I was so touched by the backstory of Randall and William... how William spent his last $20 for a cab to follow Rebecca to her home and then almost knocked on the Pearson's door... and envisioned himself in Randall's future life from childhood to graduation. Very touching.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
This last episode was my favorite.

It covered so much in just one hour.

The trip to Howard, the Vietnam wall and William's cab ride were my favorite parts.

It looks like a foster son will be entering the picture soon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I love the trilogy as one huge Patchwork quilt where all the pieces connect.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Again, amazing show!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Gosh, when Randall was saying goodbye to Deja (my CC says that's how it's spelled), I was struck by what an awesome actor he is. The quivering lip, the real tears. I can't stand it when actors are supposed to be crying and you don't see any tears. He is really good.

I really hope there's a little boy in their future. That little boy looking for a home looks like a likely candidate. That would be awesome.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bjm, Sterling K. Brown was the only member of the cast to win an Emmy at the most recent awards.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good episode for all the reasons mentioned.

Thank God no one died!

I think the DUI might bring the family to the realization that Kevin is circling the drain.

Yes, a little guy as a foster child!

I would hope Deja could stay in touch with them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Bjm, Sterling K. Brown was the only member of the cast to win an Emmy at the most recent awards.

Yup, I watched that. Well deserved.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh that little foster boy is simply the cutest!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I find it irresponsible of Beth and Randall to foster now. Their girls just lost their Grandpa and now they are going to bring kids in that they will love and then lose like Deja.

If I was the girls I would wonder why arent we enough

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I got the impression that the little boy was up for adoption, not just looking for placement in a foster home. That would be true if his parents were dead and he had no surviving family members. Kids like Deja with parents in jail or otherwise unavailable are placed in foster care until their parents can return.

It came across to me like the little boy had been waiting for awhile....and didn't they say something about him "finding a home soon"? That just sounded like he was waiting for something more permanent than foster care to me.

I'll bet that little boy is going to find his "forever home" with Randall's family.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
In TX a child can be in foster care and up for adoption. Parents can be alive but the child was removed from the home by CPS and the rights of the parents were terminiated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Randall's daughters are really welcoming... To Grandpa, to Kevin, to Deja.. I think they will be open to a brother.

They know Dad was adopted.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Sanfran, the boy will end up with them.

Sea, agree, the girls are the best!

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Same in CO. My two were in foster care (in CA) and we eventually adopted them. In the beginning, both bio parents were alive. The courts gave them 18 months to do what they needed to, to get the kids back. Social workers told us it was not their choice, it was the law. In those 18 mos, the dad was killed. The mom died 5 yrs later. But both were alive and given chances before their rights were terminated.

Ours was a little more complicated because we were relatives and it was interstate, but I never got the impression that mattered as far as the 18 mo/parental right thing.

I love this show, I can relate on so many levels. I cry at every episode. Sometimes happy tears, usually sad ones. But I'm loving the ride.

I will say, I was recently disappointed - but it was with the general media/public opinion and not the show. There was a magazine cover or photo shoot for "the sexy men of This is Us" (or something like that) it was "Jack"/Milo, "Kevin"/Justin and "Randall"/Sterling. I just really wish they had included "Toby"/Chris. I realize he's not the traditional sense of sexy, but his fun, caring personality and they way he always shows Kate how much he loves her and is with her thru the loss, etc... sure is sexy in my opinion.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I noticed Toby missing from that photo shoot as well. I would have liked to see him there.