TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Will and Grace: Archive through November 03, 2017 users admin

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree with Naja, none of the jokes should have been at all surprising. This show is centered around 2 gay men. Of course they are going to go after Trump.

It would surprise me if it continues to be that political, but won't bother me either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, that's interesting. The only other meaning for blue besides Democrat that I knew was "sad". I learn something new all the time here.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
You've never heard of a blue comedy?

I expected a few jabs at Trump, especially with all of Debra Messings Rantings this year, but they could have left the blue humor of Reagan out of it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, that was my first thought, too, but (being an old fart closer to 70 than 60 these days) it occurred to me that "blue" also means off-color or crass in reference to sexual remarks and jokes. It's not common to hear that usage these days (like it was in the 50s and 60s), so that alternate meaning didn't occur to me when I first read Ophiliasgrandma's post.

I'm that age too. That kind of "blue" was my first thought also. "Blue" radio was popular in the '70s. Earlier this year a late night female radio host in Chicago was going in that direction. Puleeeeease! Really? I quite listening to her and reported it to radio station management. Some months later I tried listening to her again. Her programming had changed.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol in the 70s we had a late night show called Baby Blue Movies that I think every teenage boy tried to watch on the sly.
Swore a blue streak is a popular expression.
I was never a huge fan of Will and Grace. But I watched it and the had a few laughs, Karen sitting on the couch in the Oval Office was the funniest.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I don't know if you know this, but Karen was actually mimicking the time from real life when Kellyanne Conway sat on the couch like that. LOL!

Photo from
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/28/..../

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ya I did,it was those little details that I found the funniest.
😁 At the pic

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I turned it off halfway through. I didn't delete it from my recording schedule, yet, I'll see if it gets better.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, thanks for bailing me out. I'm closer to 80 than 70 and to me the term 'blue' from my age was off-color and ribald. Never even realized it could be taken as a political statement.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
We old timers gotta stick together! :-)

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
If they Continue making it political I'm done!

Will and Disgrace 🙄

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show has always been political. Part of the joke is that Grace, Jack and Will are all liberal, while Karen is a Republican "insider." They still get along, even though they disagree. This is nothing new.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the 2nd ep was waaaaayyyy better!!! So funny!! Karen kills me!!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
The shower scenes were hilarious!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Agreed. The shower scene was hysterical. Loved seeing Will and Jack navigate the dating world.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it was! and I bet it was fun to film. Karen kept posing in the shower LOL!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Another great ep!! They should have started the season with these last 2 eps, not political and soooo funny!!!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I skipped the first round of this show back in the day but just caught up on this season today - that last episode was so spot on - even though it easily could have been part of any season - sad that, that message of being proud of who you are still needs to be shouted out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have a little friend (one of my son's friends and he is little, barely 5' tall) who is transgender. I loved the message of this show. It's hard enough to be an LBGTQ kid today without people telling you that you're "broken." Everyone has value and deserves to be themselves.

That said, Jane Lynch was hilarious! I loved "Grandpa Jack"!!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My nephew is gay and I knew that he was from a very young age. I saw his struggle at feeling different and it was hard to watch. I loved the message in the last show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just love his character and Karen, they crack me up, hahahahahahaha.

max greenfield‏Verified account @iamgreenfield 5h5 hours ago
More
Legendary actor and dancer @thelesliejordan returns to @WillAndGrace tonight! I make an appearance as well

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, this last episode of Will & Grace made me cry. What a statement about how everyone grieves in their own way. Karen really did love Rosario.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too! I wonder why they didnt want Rosario back

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They did want her back, but she didn't want to come out of retirement.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh ty Naja!