TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 19, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 19, 2017 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with Babyjaxmom on the hopelessness of recent storylines. The one thing I hung onto during the dark episodes/seasons was the hope that at some point things would turn around. IMO, they made a big mistake killing off the Carl character. The carrot, for me at least, was hoping that there would be a happy ending to the story eventually with a new world for the younger generation. Even though that could eventually happen, it doesn't seem right, and I care less now that Carl won't reap the benefits and see a future with happiness.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I agree Snoopsmom! Even if its 'just a tv show', no story can stand alone on negativity and no hope! Carl has been there since the beginning. He has fought and survived--and for what?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, what was the motto? "just stay alive?"

Kind of contradicts the very thing that was Carl's guide...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
JSS just survive somehow

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you Pamy.

It just seems sad now, because Carl will not survive.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I know, freaking Gimple

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like we were forced understand the death Glenn since it was so prominent in the comic, but the death of Carl has no placement, meaning, or interest for this show, except that one guy decided to fire someone before they turned 18.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Wish someone would fire Gimples azz!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Breaking it down:
Average season ratings:
1: 5.24 - First season... just getting started.
2: 6.90 - the Second season.. gaining momentum, life on Hershel's' Farm.
3: 10.40 - Life at the Prison the beginning with the governor and the conflict.
4: 13.30 - Prison flu, prison destroyed, Group is separated, reunite at Terminus
5: 14.4 - Terminus destroyed, the group separated again, regroups, goes to Alexandria.
6: 13.15 - The Wolves attack and the Saviors show up.
7: 11.34 - Negan kills Glen and Abraham, group is split up.
8: 8-9? - More war with Negan.

I think the Alexandria Arc is taking way to long and folks are tired of the constant battle with no good outcome.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
This guys says it pretty good:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/11/27/five-reasons-why-the-walking-deads-ratings-are-crashing-to-season-3-levels/#650003722824

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And that article is over a year old and it's gotten even worse since then. Should have taken his advice!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Regardless of story, I think a lot of people would have turned off at two points because they crossed a line, at least in my opinion. The first was the trough at Terminus, which was way too much, and caused me instantly to detach, and the second was the bashing. I don't think you can do that (or threaten to do that) to your characters and still have people remain as emotionally invested in them. And if people aren't as emotionally invested you have to make sure your stories are good...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think you have a point there, Kitt. The episode to see who was killed by Negan had very high viewership, with a HUGE drop off after.

You think they would have learned by that they were offending their viewership.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Agree, they messed up big-time on that. Terminus was awful, then we had Noah, then Glen. Just too much gruesome.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Noah! And Beth!

Really though, some guilt must go on the person who decides what to take from the comics. I think they do have a tricky time of it, the comic fans were really loud at one point, and maybe they pushed the envelope for what they could show on tv to make them happy. Like Negan, how could they show that story, the one that comic readers seemed desperate for, without the bashings? I think they played too much to comic book readers and forgot that a lot of the tv show watchers were watching for the characters and story, not for shock and gore.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, and even if the acts in the comics were gorey and awful, that's not the same as seeing them on tv.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Why I don't read comics.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Having only read a tiny bit of the Walking Dead comic, does Robert Kirkman plan to continue the comic even when the show ends? Because there has been substantial deviation from the comic, maybe they could start taking the show in the direction it started in the first couple seasons...finding if someone is working on a cure. It would be refreshing to have a bit less of the struggle to overcome Negan and working to rebuild. They've started to talk about that idea, I just hope they have more have more episodes that do it.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Remember when TV shows didn’t have mid season breaks? Ugh!

I’m trying to figure being they didn’t show anything about Morgan leaving the group ...... I do know they already filmed the second half of S8

Wonder if Morgan leaving will be the seasons finale?

Now if they follow the comic .....

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Morgan is the one who captures n egan and puts him in that Jail cell ..... as I’m typing this, I just realized the saviors burned down Alexandria ...... h mmm

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also blame Kirkman. He has said he writes stuff in the comics just to mess with the writers on the tv show. That was the main reason for adding a tiger. If that is his mindset he doesnt give a shit about the integrity of his comic so there is little hope for the show.

I will complain but just like Lost I will stay til the bitter end LOL

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Same here Pamy. I just hope I'm not left as confused as LOST left me.

I don't mind them holding true to the comic in regards to Glenn's death but it didn't have to be that graphic, same with Noah. Just went a bit too far in my opinion.

All that being said... It's walking dead. The normal day to day drama that would fuel and retain good ratings for most shows would not work for this one. Its viewership is based on the action, drama, and gore that comes with the zombie apocalypse. I think one of the main issues for me has been the seasons of no progress. Walking Dead for me lately is like standing in line at the grocery store behind someone with a huge order.. you think its getting close but then no... price check.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
lol. beautiful analogy Terolyn

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know Terolyn.... the first few episodes this year had the team making great progress and the ratings still fell.

At the heart, all people are the same, they want *some* light at the end of the tunnel.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I guess so. I think the guys should just stand down and let Carol take care of everything. She is the only one that ever seems to have a plan that actually works.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I’m wondering the timeline for when Maggie found out she’s pregnant because , I’m sorry, I don’t see any belly action happening at all. Her abs are just as flat as they always been. She should have an obvious belly by now. I mean look at how big Judith is.

And like Pamy, even though I find most of this season boring and as a whole, a big let down, I will watch or (FF) till the bitter end because I want to see how it all ends.

I hope we aren’t let down the same as finale of Lost.