TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 17, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think another reason why Carl's ultimate death was so anticlimatic for me is that it was just a zombie bite. Had nothing to do with the war. He was being nice to someone and is going to die because of it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im also curious why they killed him since the comics he is alive and a big part of it. At first I thought cuz Chandler wanted out of the show but no that's not it.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I agree with Karuuna, I too didn’t find anything obvious to Carl getting bit either.....

Btw, even tho it was a shock to Chandler when he found out he was being killed off, he’s happy to move on and do other roles.

The only actor to me that took it really hard was Emily Kinney who played Beth

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pamy, we haven't seen "Carl's ultimate death" yet, that comes next episode. I'm really hoping they won't make that anticlimactic!

After reading a few of the recent interviews I think they are trying to wind down the show to end it with Season 10 (it's Season 8 we're on now). It seems like Andrew Lincoln kind of wants out but doesn't want to let the show down, and after 10 such full-on years I expect others are the same. Not to mention the ratings falling and all the TWD bashers. So I think perhaps they did this to break away from the comics so they could do a long arc that leads to wherever they want to end the series. The comic isn't going to end but the tv series must.

Or it could just be stupid writing.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
To me, if they were going to end the show, I don’t see them killing off Carl, I would see them as the last family standing as such .... idk 🤔

The ratings slip because they do too much of splitting these groups up, and they do a scene like making us think Glen died, but wait 3 episodes untill they clear it up

Or making us wait till the following season to see who Negan killed in S7..... who does that? It would have been just as much as a cliffhanger to see them die, and half to wait to see all the groups reactions

IMO, They put out so many extremely boring shows. It’s less exciting for me to only see 1 or 2 exciting episodes the whole season. Like how we only saw Maggie only a couple of times last season ...... amongst others too. (Of course this is only my opinion)

I see myself fast forwarding too much of this show these days

I mean, did we ever find out whatever happened to that black guy with the dreadlocks that set out with Tara? I can’t even remember

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it's dying because it's so depressing. JMO. And the storylines are always the same, just different characters.

Their world is brutal and ugly, and every time they start to make progress, things go to shit again. It's hard to keep watching that.

They need to get rid of Gimple. The ratings have been falling since he joined in Season 4. He seems to fail to grasp that people need to see *progress*. They can keep having challenges, but losing everything again and again just gets old.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I would add that I read somewhere that they told Chandler he was good for "three years" so he bought a house in the area, and then found out 2 weeks late he was done.

It's poor management. The show has declined under his leadership.

Oh, here's the article:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/11/theres-only-one-way-to-save-the-walking-dead-now-and-it-isnt-pretty/#a3e4e7d2b0f1

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, so far we haven't found out what happened to Heath. The actor moved to a different show (the 24 remake) that was then cancelled, so maybe he will be back.

I agree with most of what you guys say. I switched out at least partly at the tub scene at Terminus, and haven't been able to fully commit emotionally since then, it was just too much. And of course after Glenn it would be too dangerous to care too much about anyone.

But I still do. And I still want good things for the characters even if the storylines are depressing and tiring. I think I am ready for a resolution, like an ending in Season 10. Even Season 9.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm Interesting

“Now We Know Why The Spoiler Sites Didn’t Reveal That Major Death On ‘The Walking Dead’”
http://uproxx.com/tv/walking-dead-carls-death-spoiler-sites/2/

Sounds like this series has an end 🙁

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I have a request. Out of respect for me, for Carl, and for one of the last few seasons of the show

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
And I guess papa Riggs is pretty upset with Scott Gimple....

http://uproxx.com/hitfix/walking-dead-father-carl-dead-chandler-riggs-fired-scott-gimple/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read - and I suspect this is just someone's imagination but might have a bit of truth to it - that when Chandler became 18 they would have to pay him more, and so instead whoever makes the money decisions opted to not give him a contract for next year. It sounds half unlikely (because he was such an important character) and half entirely plausible.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe someone will come up with a miracle cure and save Carl at the last minute! Or maybe Carl will be immune! I know, I'm reaching. It just seems so cruel to do that to both Carl and Rick. And they were just goofing around in the woods. Just like Carl to be doing something stupid and get killed for it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing that Forbes article, Karuuna. I agree with you. This show has gotten really depressing. I know he was a big part of the comics (which I never read), but I just hate Negan. I had to stop watching this show for several weeks a little over a year ago. It was just too much on top of certain real life events (that we don't need to discuss here). I know I wasn't the only one to think that.

I came back because I felt I was missing out, but I still have a love/hate relationship with this show. I love King Ezekial, but HATE the Trash People. I'm done with stupid Eugene. Carl could be annoying, but it will break Rick's heart to lose him.

This show just makes me sad. I don't know if I can go on with it.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Carl has been near death twice before and came thru. If number three going to end him then they should have killed him off when he was shot or his eye ruined. There has to be a way to cure him or something!If all we are going to see is one beloved character after another die after fighting so valiantly to survive all this time, I will stop watching. Did we see Rick all red eyed with Michonne and a big mound of dirt evoking a death? I guess that was a glimpse of the future after all.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I guess it could be another “Trick” being played for the audience for us to “think” he is dying just like they did with Glens character...... 🤔

But this show is a Horror tv show and it’s supposed to be scary, it is supposed to have scary characters and scenes. It even gives a warning at beginning of every episode

And this show is no different than a lot of other popular shows where these actors go into this job “Knowing” they could be killed off at anytime

This has happened with Lost, 24, and other shows

That’s the fun of it for me. I also love JDM the actor, that’s why I love watching him play Negan. He’s the character that people “love to hate” This character makes this show more interesting for me. Because imo most of the shows this season I have found to be very boring...... I’ve FF so many scenes, I want Horror and suspense. That’s why even tho Carl dies, I will still watch. 😬😜

But I will be sad to see it end, if that is in the plans, I was also sad to see Lost end too

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm glad you are still liking it Lostfan.

I think tho, that the ratings are telling a different story, that people are getting tired of the viciousness.
The problem I had with Chandler was that Gimple *assured* him that his role was ending no time soon, so Chandler bought a house in Atlanta, and then just a few weeks later found out that Gimple hadn't been honest. Regardless of what you think about the show, that's just wrong.

Pretty sure from what Gimple said there's no hope for Carl.

The last few shows have been so disjointed. Why did Rick go alone to the Trash People? Never explained. How did Negan's people clear the walkers? Would have like to see it rather than a throwaway explanation later.

Why did they let Maggie go back to Hilltop? One moment she's been trapped by a roadblock, then she's back home. No explanation.

The writing quality has gone way downhill. All they have is killing off favorite characters, I guess.

Anyway, that's just how I'm seeing it. If you're still happy with it, that's great!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, I will admit the writing has definitely gone downhill, I don’t mind the violence because I’m into this stuff. But like I said above this season was quite boring, I hate when I have to ff a lot of scenes,

I agree with you about Rick going to the trash people alone didn’t make sense.

With Maggie, (I don’t know that’s saviors name) after he shot the random guy in car, he said he needed them to just go back ..... (something to the effect they will be working for them.

Him shooting that guy was to scare them into obeying

To be honest , a lot of S7 was quite slow too (for me)

I watch because I need to see it out. I just have the hope it will get better, but I know I can always FF the boring scenes

I just don’t like when the group keeps splitting up, and the main characters are hardly even shown

In reality, Carl was barely even on last season along with Maggie etc. I like the show, but have been bored this season.

I guess I still have hope for it to get better.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But this show is a Horror tv show and it’s supposed to be scary, it is supposed to have scary characters and scenes. It even gives a warning at beginning of every episode

There's a difference between scary and hopeless. I used to love this show because our little group kept overcoming adversity and just staying alive. But the last couple of seasons with Negan have just been overwhelmingly hopeless. It's depressing. I'll probably stick with it, cause I want to see what happens. But it's really depressing, not scary.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will still watch this show no matter what. I'm in it til the end. Even though ratings are down it is still a high rated show over 8 million viewers this season. I think it used to average 13 mil and one of the highest was last years premiere where Glenn died, I think that was 18 mil.

American Horror has about 3mil viewers and it keeps getting renewed so I am sure AMC isnt too worried. I do agree Gimple needs to go.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well so much for any hope that Carl survived the bite 🤪

Although Hardwick did mention Chandler cut his hair.

https://www.facebook.com/TMZ/posts/10160115020430713

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He looks good! I know it would have been hard to get a good haircut in the zombie apocalypse, but since they've been at Alexandra I've been surprised he didn't cut it at least a bit.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Question

What season did Gimple start? And who did he replace? Because maybe this is when the ratings started dropping, because I do see a big notice in the writing ( and not for the better)

They need to take out the trash, and not just the trash people which I hate with a passion

It makes me wonder if Gimple and Chandler didn’t get along and that’s why he was killed off and in such a personal way being he was fired right after he purchased a house and after he was told he would be sticking around for 3 years.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Gimple started in Season 4, ratings peaked in Season 5, and have been falling like a stone since then.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Average season ratings:
Season 1: 5.24
2: 6.90
3: 10.40
4: 13.30
5: 14.4
6: 13.15
7: 11.34
This year: Except for the premier, all shows were under 9.0 and the last three shows were under 8.0.

That's a pretty dramatic drop.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
That’s crazy! Gimple needs to go