TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 11, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 11, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reminder: the mid-season finale tonight is 1 hour 30 minutes long.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
This is very scary so far ..... 😱

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I pray .....
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Carl makes it

and where the heck is
Spoiler
Rick and Morgan?

I have a bad feeling about
Spoiler
Eugene

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Just wow!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well that spoiler was wrong, LOL and I really thought they were on to something with that rabbit!!

great ep!! scary and stressful to watch but the end was anticlimatic for me, I didnt even cry. they should have shown rick/michonne more shocked sad imo

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Going to name names, BEWARE OF SPOILERS - DON'T READ if you haven't watched yet!

I thought Eugene's time was up, I thought he would finally think of everyone else and die while saving them. Seems like he did a bit of the thinking but not a lot of the dying.

So Carl... I am glad the situation is going to play out, maybe Carl will still get the chance to save the day somehow. I would have hated to see him shot or even worse bashed. The online rumours have had it pegged as Carl for a while, I think because of something he (the actor) said, and then because he hadn't been seen on set. I didn't quite believe it until the flashbacks of him waking with Rick talking about having to make good choices rather than just hope.

Btw, I am pretty sure he was bitten when he and Siddiq were fighting walkers last episode (which was earlier that morning). The bite was already covered with a bandage and was under an un-bitten t-shirt. I kind of like the idea that Siddiq is his replacement, a similarly aged young man, also full of hope and ideals, to show that there is still a future worth living if they can find it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's an interview with Chandler Riggs about the events...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-carl-going-die-chandler-riggs-exit-interview-1066031

WARNING it has spoilers about the comics and it sounds like he's saying those plot lines will also be in the show.

In case anyone doesn't want to read it because of that, the main non-story points are:

It wasn't his choice! He only found out filming Episode 6 in June, when Scott Gimple called him and his parents to meet with him!! He says he was "devastated" particularly as he'd just bought a house near where they filmed! He was going to go straight to college (and film TWD around his schedule) but now he's taking at least a year off to go to LA and look for acting jobs and follow his music.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
here people were thinking Judith might be the one to die, but I really didn’t think they would kill off Carl. Not that I was a big fan, being I sometimes found him annoying

It just kind of messes with the dynamic of Ricks family. I really would have rather seen Gabe or Rosita go over Carl

So now that they once again loose their home and what, now all live in a sewer? (Like starting all over again

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Kingdom and Hilltop are both in tact, although of course they have to beat the Saviours before they can live there.

I thought Rick, Carl, Judith and Daryl could not be killed. Probably not Carol either. Then when I heard the rumours about Carl I thought maybe he wanted to do something different or be a normal college kid, so had asked to go, but I'm really shocked that they chose to kill off Carl.

I wish they'd have given him more scenes this season. Another reason why I thought it wouldn't have been him is they usually give people who die a good send off story, and Carl doesn't seem to have had that, or rather will probably get it next episode, but it's still just one episode, not an arc. I thought him suddenly wanting peace was a bit of a stretch too, after all last season he was all gung ho in going to the Sanctuary by himself to kill Negan!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yes the Kingdom and Hilltop are still intact but are being taken over by Negans people (btw) how in the heck does he still have that many people left after the big wars and the zombies taken over ) wth!

Those 2 places are not safe at all for Ricks very small group.
btw where was Morgan? Was he in the sewer?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
How did I miss Carl being bitten?! Or was it not shown? Had Carl already been bitten when he told Negan to kill him?
I dont think I can watch Carl die. I may skip the start of next season and just read about it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think the next ep will be a crusher.
Carl has been talking about hope and change to Rick since he first ran into Siddiq at the gas station. He definitely got bitten when he and Siddiq were in the fight.

Lostfan, Morgan was outside the Kingdom walls listening.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I know we can assume Carl got bit when he was with that new kid.....

On the talking dead at the end, they answered a question from a fan asking when did Carl get bitten

Scott Gimbal...... his answer seemed to be all over the place.

Did anyone understand what he said, did he actually say? Because he jumped into the premier show talking about Carl.

Just wondering why he didn’t give a straight answer or did I miss something?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I only saw the first 5 or so minutes of TD. I'll watch tonight. But he did seem a little all over. I assumed he just wanted to keep the next bit of the story for Carl under wraps.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they're going to do a flashback of the bite in the next show, so Gimble didn't want to spoil it. But if you watch the fight with Carl and Siddiq and walkers you can pretty much see when Carl was bitten, as there's a walker head right there on his chest. At the time I did wonder but he didn't say anything so I thought it was nothing. Knowing it was a bite makes that whole scene more worth showing, as on its own it was a bit of a time waster if nothing came of it.

So yes, Carl knew he was going to die when he spoke to Negan from the fence.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Gimple said he was surprised that people didn't realize Carl was bit, as he said they wrote it to be clear that he was, and the look on Carl's face was supposed to convey it to us. Guess I'll have to go back and rewatch it.

I said above that I thought it was Carl, I"m disappointed to be right. Sigh.

I honestly don't know why I still listen (I don't watch any more).

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info. I really didnt notice anything when Carl was fighting that walker except it was getting bad for Carl.
A wonderful moment when Rick took that stupid bat of Negan's and beat him with it!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok so I’m rewatching last nights WD finale and I’m now seeing that Carl was writing a letter to his dad and puts in his book. Never would have thought twice to pay attention to that scene before knowing he was bit

In the opening scene FB Carl and Rick , Carl looked fine , was that before he met up with the kid?

I guess that letter to rick will be a significant part of the premier in Feb

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I never notice the details because the scenes are so dark I can barely see anything.
I know a lot of people didn't care for the Carl character, but I'm sad they are killing him off.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The opening scene with Rick and Carl walking was a flashback to when Carl first saw Siddiq at that gas station area, before he'd met and befriended him. After Rick shot over Siddiq's head he said something like he hoped he'll survive by himself. Then Carl replied with something on the lines of hoping by itself wasn't enough, you had to actually do good things (like risk helping a stranger) if there was going to be anything left to live for after all the fighting. The flashback scene was a follow on from that conversation.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok thanks Kitt

And for the record..... if they were planning on making Judith be Shane’s kid, why a blond?

Lori and Shane both had very dark hair and features, Rick is the lighter hair color and features..... 🤔

Just my observation 🙄

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's a clip of when Carl was bitten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZgGUiCFxrQ&

At about a minute in, he fights with a walker, pushes him to the side, then another one comes on top of him while the first walker moves towards his stomach. Watch Carl's reaction just after while he's still on the ground and then again when he stands.

In hindsight you can see why Gimble thought he'd telegraphed the bite too well.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I totally missed all of that. I thought the look on Carl's face was because he saw more walkers coming. It never occurred to me that he was bitten. When Saddiq asked him if he was okay, he said, "Yeah." So I figured he was.

I had heard there would be something shocking on this episode, so I thought someone would die. When it got down to the final minutes and they all seemed to be safe (for now) in the sewer, I kind of breathed a sigh of relief. Wow! Nobody died! But then Carl lifted his shirt and showed the bite mark. I actually said out loud, "Oh noooooooo!"

I have a son about Carl's age, so it makes it especially hard. I did shed a tear at Rick and Michonne's reactions. The next episode is going to be a tough one.

This show is emotionally exhausting!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I"m still not seeing it. I don't think it was as obvious as Gimple says.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
At the time I did wonder out loud if he was bitten, but I was also fooled by the "yeah" and then forgot about it. Chandler Rigg's acting was excellent, I thought he did well portraying someone who had grown to believe that at some point it was inevitable.

When this episode got near the end and no deaths I got scared it would be a huge cliffhanger (scared because the internet hated it last time). Even though I'd seen so many rumours about it being Carl who died, the second he was there in the tunnel I thought he was fine after all. Then I guess I was just floundering once he showed the bite. Episode 9 will be really hard I think, and in a way I hope it is, the character deserves it.

Kar, not obvious at the time (just curious), but obvious in hindsight. I can completely see why someone making the scene would fear it was too blatant, but then they know what happens. The viewers don't, and they're used to close calls or big reactions when something does happen. For me, Carl's reaction, which makes sense in hindsight, was the thing that made me think I'd imagined it.