TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BULL: Archive through November 07, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I should have stuck with it then. It's hard sometimes to know when to stay with a show and when to give up on it. As Scooter mentioned, I normally tend to over-stay.

Is there much of a story arc to the show or are the episodes fairly stand alone?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer...they are fairly stand alone...there is a little back story but nothing you couldn't figure out without much difficulty.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
As I mentioned above, I am bitter that they addressed the veterinarian as mister, not doctor. lol Yes, I know they do that in the UK. I don't know about Canada.

I was also bitter when Jack, on Diagnosis Murder, was mad when somebody asked him a question and he said "I am a DOCTOR, not a VETERINARIAN!"

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We always call our dog and cat's veterinarian Doctor. :-)

It wouldn't remotely cross my mind to call him Mister.

----------------------------------

Thanks Scooter. I set it to record. I need more to watch, you know.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Twas a great episode. It was entertaining watching Bull squirm.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched it and quite enjoyed it. Bull seemed “nicer” than he appeared to me in the early episodes of the first season.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I like it when tv characters evolve and grow over the seasons. MASH is my all time fave tv shows. At first they were so cartoonish but over the years they became human beings.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if this was one of the first episodes they filmed but aired out of order.

Bull was looking in the mirror realizing he'd gained weight and was outgrowing his fancy suit. Michael Weatherly (the actor) had gained noticeable weight during his last few years on NCIS and I had noticed how much thinner he looked when Bull first started. Maybe he's just gaining weight again, but it could just be this ep was shown out of order.

When the prosecution subpoenaed Melissa, I was hoping Bull and team would subpoena opposing counsel, who was more at fault for actually agreeing to a custody agreement (that Bull advised them to try to do) but who didn't vet it properly. I don't think an actual case with these facts would have ever made it to court. If Bull had just told her to "go jump off a cliff" and she did...when that be grounds to sue Bull as well? I think not.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's what my DH said, too, SFJF. This show was a little bit silly. She didn't have a contract with Bull. I don't think she paid him any money. And would it be his fault if one of the parties to the arrangement didn't follow thru on his agreement? I just don't see how he could be sued for making a suggestion that didn't work out. I think it would have been thrown out as frivolous.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It was probably went to court because she was a celebrity.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Or because this is a TV show and they do that stuff for drama. Sometimes this show is kind of silly, but I do enjoy the characters.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think this silly plot might support my theory it was filmed earlier than the rest. Every show before this episodes has had a smarter plot and a thinner Bull!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, I just did a search to see if I could find out when this episode was filmed and I discovered this is already season 2 of Bull! I've been watching it since it started but it just doesn't seem like I've already seen around 27 episodes already!

So I guess my "early filming" theory based on Bull's weight is just crap and Michael Weatherly has just regained a few lbs. And maybe the writers just got lazy while writing this latest episode.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Like I said, this was the first episode that I've watched in a while. I never thought the earlier episodes were particularly realistic so I didn't notice a difference with this one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Be nice, don't judge....it's only two hours...wonder if that is his real hair....LOL, this is hysterical.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't like him...I think he set her up with the wallet thing.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I think that too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I suspect that was a prologue to a case where the people being displaced by the gentrification of the neighborhood will need Bulls help and she's going to be torn between the boyfriend and the case. I'm just speculating be interesting to see if I'm right.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Dipo - I agree. There's something wrong with this man.

Mame - That was my thought EXACTLY. Why else show us his plans for that neighborhood?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ooooooh, good call, Mame! I'll bet you're right. When he was showing her his new project, hubby and I both said something to the effect that "he's going to break her heart." When something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

And it really bothered me that Bull put down his credit card to pay for dinner, then went outside to take the phone call and LEFT! What about his credit card?! Little things like that on TV shows really annoy me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
In the real world she would bring his credit card back to him next day at work. Assuming perfect boyfriend clone didn't pocket it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Although I'm not entirely sure that he actually left his card there. I didn't notice it or think about it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I always notice those pesky little details when I'm watching a TV show. It also annoys me when people come in from outside and leave the door open--especially if it's supposed to be really cold.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, Babyjaxmom, I hate things like that as well, and people who supposedly buy coffee but never pay for it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the boyfriend is going to take her financially as well!!!!!