TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through September 27, 2017 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I just finished the third episode in the series, "Remember Me".
It started so slowly, I really didn't know if I was going to like it, but it seems like a lot of British shows do start slow, but are well worth the build-up. This was definitely one of them. I ended up really loving it.
As a horror story, it wasn't all that original, and not terribly scary, but it was well-acted and the music was hauntingly beautiful. I wish they had the soundtrack for sale.
I looked up the composer - Ruth Barrett - and she has done some other PBS shows like Victoria and The Durrell's in Corfu.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching In the Club. Season 2 is airing on PBS now. It's about couples and singles and havin' babies . . . OH MY! The complications?!

I never watched The Midwives regularly. I think one of them is in In the Club as a midwife / OB nurse.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of In the Club, I will look for it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought In the Club was very good. Well written, great stories. I like a lot of the things I've seen written by Kay Mellor. I don't recall anyone from Call the Midwives in it. But a lot of the women have been in other things. Like Hermione Norris and Jill Halfpenny. Some of them were on Corrie if youre a fan of that. Couple from Doc Martin.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
If you ever see The Syndicate come up on BBC, or Netflix or something it is really good. Three season I think, but it is a different cast each season. Plus William Mary (speaking of Doc Martin)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's Call the Midwife -- not The Midwives. Like I said, never watched it regularly.

I'm looking on the IMDB to see if I can recognize her on both shows or one or the other. Don't know character's name on either show.

In Call the Midwife I was thinking of Miranda Hart / Chummy. She's not in In the Club. The actress in that looks familiar, but don't know from where. Have to watch it again to find out character's name so I can know who actress is.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The actress in In the Club. Who is she?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lorraine Cheshire. I am not familiar with this actress.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sugar. Looked her up on IMDB. Not familiar with any other shows / movies she's been in. Don't know who she reminds me of.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The one I know her most for is Waterloo Road, another good show. 10 seasons. She was a bit character. But if you like Tom Payne of TWD he was on that for a couple of seasons too. i can see why she would remind you of Miranda.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I can't find In the Club listed anywhere, not Netflix, Hull or any of my cable channels including PBS.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It looks like she is watching on Prime. I saw both seasons on BBC Canada a few years ago.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, I watch In the Club on WTTW, one of two OTA PBS stations in Chicago area.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching a marathon of Endeavor, Season 3, today, with the Season 4 show tonight at 8pm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops...Endeavor is at 9pm.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Endeavor has it's own thread.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In the Club season / series 2 finale was tonight. Mostly Found an article that said mostly likely will be a season 3, but it will be a while.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ken Burns' The Vietnam War started last night. I've been waiting since I first heard about it app. three years ago. Last night was basically Vietnam's political history. I knew French were there, but nothing more.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I found it very interesting so far..... but, so very hard to watch. All the wrong decisions made from Truman on based on 'perceived facts' of the area..... I could only manage an hour. But, I will continue to tune in again.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yay a new season of Vera on WNED plus something called Jack Taylor

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the Vietnam War and I would like to punch President Johnson in the face.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of Vietnam but it disturbed me too much to keep watching it.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I saw it unfold in real time and don't think I can watch it now.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching The Tunnel?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched both 1st and 2nd seasons of The Tunnel. Hard to follow storylines. Often confused. But I stuck with it and enjoyed it enough.