TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2017 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here are the origial shows Netflix has cancelled this year.

Hemlock Grove
Lilyhammer
The Killing
Marco Polo
Longmire
Bloodline
The Get Down
Girlboss
Sense8
Chelsea
Gypsy

http://www.businessinsider.com/shows-netflix-has-canceled-gypsy-girlboss-2017-8/#hemlock-grove-canceled-after-three-seasons-3

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Girlboss đŸ˜¢

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure, but I think a couple of them still get to air a final season.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
On Hulu, I just enjoyed the funny documentary Too Funny to Fail. It is about the 1996 Dana Carvey Show and what a cluster-bleep it was. Here is the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv3xMTQNixc

So much fun to watch all the talent involved early in their careers.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I finally watched season 3 of Bloodline. I was really enjoying it, wondering why everyone was hating on season 3 so much, and then I got to the last few eps where it went off the rails. I'm sorry but dream/memory loss/confusion is just a cop out cheat way to conclude a story that had been going along just fine. I had marveled at how evil this bunch of people could be in order to try and save their own hide. All we get as a finale is a big squishy pile of dog doo! UGH! There was more angst than a room full of teenagers. But sorry, that angst doesn't explain the behavior of John as he participates in a frame up. Very disappointing finale.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Brenda I too was wondering why. Then I was talking to myself asking what on earth is going on?!?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Have started The Wanted and quite enjoying it. An Australian show about two very different women who witness a shooting and are on the run from the killers who want them dead and their money back. Don’t want to give too much away but recommend it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Binged Stranger Things 2 this weekend. Loved it. My husband said it would give him nightmares. Wimp.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We've only watched the first episode so far but Stranger Things is once again a big favorite of ours. It reminds me so much of when I was their age. Oh and my DD and I saw the cast do a panel at Fan Expo this summer (the three boys were there). They are just as funny, witty, clever and nice in person.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Charlie Heaton missed the premiere of Stranger Things. Bad time to get busted...

‘Stranger Things' Star Charlie Heaton Reportedly Busted For Cocaine (UPDATE)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stranger-things-star-charlie-heaton-reportedly-busted-for-cocaine_us_59f4cdc4e4b077d8dfc9fe55

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Very disappointed in Kevin Spacey's coming out announcement, most inappropriate. And now the taping of the final season is on hold. I could kick his doughy face in.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
For all the "Ranch" fans here is what I finally found for part 2 of season 2:

TO RECAP:
Season 1 Part 1 premiered on April 1, 2016.
Season 1 Part 2 premiered on October 7, 2016.
Season 2 Part 3 premiered on June 16, 2017.
Season 2 Part 4 will premiere on December 15, 2017.

Happy holidays, Ranch fans!

I got this through a search that took a while & it is from a site called the "Decider"

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Stranger Things.... did not disappoint.

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I think the second season of Stranger Things was even better than the first. Really a great series.

Just finished Alias Grace, based on a woman who was found guilty of murdering her employers in Canada in the 1840s. It's told in flashbacks as a doctor interviews her to see whether or not he recommends she be freed. It was really well done and the sets were amazing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Another shout out here for season two of Stranger Things!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, DH and I watched the 3rd and 4th episodes last night of Stranger Things (pacing ourselves). It is haunting!!! One of our dogs went out through the doggy door last night about 3:30. I went out to see what she was barking at and she had her front feet up on the retaining wall, barking at the fence. I didn't see anything, but I was thinking, "I hope it's not Dart!"

The acting in this series is really outstanding, especially by the child actors! The kid who plays Will is really good! They should all get Emmys!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just watched On Of Us on Netflix. It is about three different Hassidic Jews and their story on leaving the Hassidic community. Had no Idea how insular and tight this community is. It is almost scary how much control they have with their community.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel so sad that there's only one episode of The Mindy Project left :-( I love that show. I sure hope Mindy Kaling gets a new show fast.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Alias Grace is quite good. Stranger Things was better season 1. I'm readying myself for season 3....I hope it's better than 2 was.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I really get peeved when Netflix is down and stays down.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just binged "Godless" this weekend and we sure enjoyed it. DH watches all the stuff I like, so I decided to start a western for him thinking I would suffer through it, but it was great.

The synopsis in the guide for it says:

A notorious outlaw and his gang track his traitorous partner to an isolated mining town governed mainly by women.

Jeff Daniels is the outlaw, and there are quite a few prominent actresses, including Michelle Dockery from Downton Abbey (doing an old west accent!).

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Broadchurch season 3 now on Netflix! I feel like I need to revisit season 2 to start watching 3.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Is anybody watching Glitch? It is about a group of people who come back from the dead really healthy. No zombies. It is a really good show. Enjoying it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard of it but I'll have a look since you recommended it. :-)