TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 01, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
booooo not a huge fan of who is crossing over, especially since I was so excited it was Abe, totally had myself convinced!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm happy. I don't particularly like Abe, too monosyllabic for my tastes, and I just adore Lennie James.

We know Morgan was in Alexandria at the very beginning (Day 1 when Rick woke up), and also was there about eight months later, when he has to "clear" because Duane had died. So somewhere in that gap I guess he went West. Unless the FTWD guys are heading East to Georgia...

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I’m bummed because, I like Morgan on TWD. I had no idea he was leaving, he must get killed off then.

He even seemed sad to be leaving TWD.

By telling us now they basically spoiled the Morgan character

I didn’t want to know this...... sigh 😔

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"In a statement, TWD EP Scott Gimple said, “Even though Morgan is going to be featured on Fear, he has a lot of story left on The Walking Dead. "
http://tvline.com/2017/11/26/walking-dead-lennie-james-leaving-crossover-fear-twd-season-4/

It could be he's playing with words and when he says a lot of story left "on The Walking Dead" he means "in the Walking Dead family of shows (TWD + FTWD)" but I think he means Morgan won't die on TWD. I suspect he can't keep control of his emotions and chooses to go walkabout again. Then maybe one day when his story arc on FTWD ends (which it must, as we know he's back in Atlanta by himself eventually) he'll appear back in the main TWD.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well of course he has more TWD, there is still a little more than 1/2 a season 8 left

Otherwise they wouldn’t have used the words “ leaving” TWD
and Lenny wouldn’t have said he was going to miss working on TWD and miss his family there. They are done filming S8 or his character has finished filming on S8

Scott would have just said “ Morgan will be leaving TWD for a bit to guest on Fear” ( and he wouldn’t have “spoiled” Morgan’s future on TWD but they said he is leaving TWD

I personally think they are trying to save FTWD by bringing a popular character over .....

Sux for him and for TWD viewers

I’m not alone here by reading the comments on social media,

This last season of Fear was so bad (imo, and many others) that I stopped watching..... killing off majority of the original cast and leaving the worst character was such a big mistake imo ....

Thanks for ruining TWD for us Gimble or whatever your name is ...... I would rather been surprised by the loss of Morgan’s character, they could have waited till towards the end of the season to divulge this “spoiler” seriously

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really hope they didn't kill him. In everything they said, that didn't occur to me, only that he was going to disappear. We'll have to wait and see. I'll be very sad if he dies.

Yes, I agree they're trying to get more viewers for FTWD by having Morgan there. FTWD's a funny one, the characters are nowhere near as appealing as TWD and they've had some stupid storylines, but it really does have its moments.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" I suspect he can't keep control of his emotions and chooses to go walkabout again."

Kitt, I was thinking that if he's going to be a regular on FTWD, this would be his first walkabout because FTWD is a couple or so years behind the TWD's timeline. Didn't they say on one of the last TD episodes (for FTWD) that FTWD had just caught up to the time when Rick first woke up in the hospital? That was just days before Morgan disappeared from TWD in season 1. After Rick left his home town Morgan was a no show for a couple of seasons or so.

I'd like to see Morgan on both shows...all of his scenes on FTWD will have to be flashbacks from the TWD timeline anyhow. Unless, of course, there's a time jump of a couple or years when FTWD returns in the upcoming season.

Hey, Morgan could get double paychecks if he's on both shows, too! He deserves it. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, Morgan is missing from TWD from just after he meets and helps the newly awakened Rick until the episode "Clear," where he's back in the same town, but has gone crazy because Duane was bitten by his walker-wife. There is about eight months in show time between those two events, so plenty of time for FTWD to play with.

However we don't know how soon after Rick left that Duane was killed. If it wasn't very soon then really Morgan, in the current FTWD time, should have Duane with him. If Duane was killed immediately then you'd have thought the Morgan that arrives in FTWD would already be a little on the crazy side.

If there's a time jump then the other time when Morgan wasn't with the TWD people would be about a year after FTWD begun (so 10ish months from where we currently are in FTWD) where he's with the cheesemaker. There's about three months from when he left there until when he was spotted near Terminus. After that he's with our TWD guys.

Unless of course they jump FTWD forward 2.5 years and they run TWD and FTWD concurrently .

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
FWD's last season was so much better than the last 2 season's of WD.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"However we don't know how soon after Rick left that Duane was killed."

Kitt, I don't remember, but was Duane killed by his walker mother? If he wasn't, then what if Morgan shows up on FTWD with his son, Duane! It would be cool to see Morgan as a father after he first saw Rick but before he went nuts where he built that walker stabby contraption.

Is it possible that Duane didn't die until after they returned from FTWD? ( at the idea of FTWD and TWD as just "places to go" during the zombie apocalypse.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Morgan couldn't bring himself to kill his walker-wife. He said Duane couldn't keep away from her, eventually got too close and she bit him, so then Morgan had to put them both down. Hence the understandable trip to crazy town.

So we should see either have Morgan+Duane or crazy Morgan. Or a reasonable explanation for neither.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks.

"Or a reasonable explanation for neither."

Maybe we'll even get a Morgan episode that fills in those blanks starting the day Rick left town...

Yeah, I could see them both in Mexico and Duane getting bitten by a walker that looks a lot like his mom (after a couple of weeks of ripening, they all start to look alike anyhow)...then Morgan goes nuts, and his memory gets all mixed up with his delusions and he returns home remembering it all wrong.

However it plays out, TWD will find a way to make this crossover interesting and I, for one, will totally accept it at face value. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nope, not gonna watch it. I tried with FTWD and didn't like it. Not gonna get sucked in by stunt casting/crossover.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It wouldn’t make much sense to have Duane( plus the actor is gong to look substantially older now.)still with him as when he was doing his clear thing he was still in Ricks Home town. I would guess it would be after the cheese maker. It would be quite a wander. But still isn’t there a time issue there? Unless it’s a much longer stretch in between leaving and arriving at Alexandria

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On my infamous timeline, FTWD is in early April 2010 (using my dates, not official ones)

We know some of Morgan's timeline from TWD:

• Mid March 2010: was with Duane in Rick and Morgan's hometown somewhere outside Atlanta, GA;

• End of November 2010: was in the same hometown, crazy and needing to "clear";

• Approx. February 2011: leaves his hometown, finds the cheesemaker's house, also somewhere in GA, stays there for a while, recovers (mostly), learns stick, the Cheesemaker gets bitten and Morgan leaves;

• End of June 2011 or a little earlier (they didn't specify): was alone near Terminus, somewhere in GA;

• Somewhere in first half of July 2011: finds Father Gabriel's church, and the map for DC with Rick's name on it;

• Early August 2011: rescues Daryl and Aaron from the Wolf trap, not far from Alexandria, VA. After that he's with our guys.

So the options for him being on FTWD are

1) flashbacks;

2) between April (now on FTWD) and November of 2010, where he should be with Duane if it's early in that period, or without and possibly going crazy later in that period;

3) Somewhere between February and June 2011, BUT we know he was with the Cheesemaker in GA for at least a few weeks of that period;

4) Early/mid November 2011 (or later depending on what happens in the upcoming episodes) after he leaves our TWD guys.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I would think the best fit is Duane dies shortly after Rick leaves, maybe Morgan leaves town then, returning later needing to put down his wife and Duane and then goes doolally. Perhaps something happens to him in the FTWD realm that compels him to return. That would then leave it open for him to continue in TWD as well next season. That’s assuming he has gone for another walkabout on TWD.

Speculation is half the fun.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt you and your timelines are amazing!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Isn’t she!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Perhaps obsessive and at times excessive would be a better description, but thank you both!

Hubby pointed out to me that we don't know Morgan was crazy in the "Clear" episode because Duane died, he could have been crazy for some other reason. It could be that Duane died, Morgan was coping but went walkabout, met up with the FTWD people and something horrific happened there too, which did the final tipping over the edge and made him go back to his hometown, set up camp, and cover the wall in his stories.

That would work well for filming, because it means the Morgan character isn't encumbered by Duane, he'll have a time arc of about six months in which he can act relatively normally even though grief stricken at first, and there can eventually be a big event in the show involving him that messes him up so much it leads to his exit from FTWD land, and he can start mumbling "clear" as he makes his way back to GA.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yup that’s what I think too. See 7:59 post. I don’t want him to have Duane around either.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't get quite what you meant on first read but I think you're saying Duane gets bitten and turns, but Morgan couldn't put him down, so left him roaming with Mom while he (Morgan) goes walkabout.

That would leave open a lot of possibilities in FTWD to make him come back, it doesn't need to be something huge there in FTWD-land that turns him crazy, it could be something subtle and emotional that makes him realise that he must go back to GA and find Duane and Mom and put them out of their misery, and it's only after he does that that he goes crazy.

Good thinking, I like that a lot. And it's better than hubby's idea and that's always good ;).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, your timeline makes the window for Morgan trip to FTWD a lot tighter than I thought, so I see how Duane probably won't be part of it. Oh well...

I was just hoping Duane would be part of the crossover thing, but it was totally a personal speculation on what I'd like to see.

The time difference between the 2 shows leaves a lot of possibilities wide open for Morgan. Does he already know or is he related to someone on FTWD?

Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Exactly Kitt! I can’t wait to find out. I really like FTWD so even though “now” Morgan is exasperating to me, “then” Morgan could be a whole different ballgame.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"it doesn't need to be something huge there in FTWD-land that turns him crazy, it could be something subtle and emotional that makes him realise that he must go back to GA and find Duane and Mom and put them out of their misery, and it's only after he does that that he goes crazy."

Kitt, I just thought of something but I don't remember how a previous scene in FTWD played out.

Remember Alicia's boyfriend in L.A.? I know he was sick but I don't remember if he was put down after turning or not. Do you remember his ending?

Your remark (copied above) just made me wonder if maybe Morgan had relatives in L.A. and then I thought maybe Alicia's bf was Morgan's first son from a previous marriage or something...

Of course, my speculative scenarios are always a lot more complicated that what actually happens on this show. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think he was put down on screen. Last we saw of him he was beaten and very ill, and then Alicia saw his parents' car outside with suitcases but no one around. I think we were meant to think he'd bitten them too.

You never know!

BUT.... the FTWD guys are at the Tijuana dam now, and we know LA was firebombed, so we probably need to think of reasons Morgan would be at the border somewhere. Or it's probably likely they (the FTWD writers) are going to make up a destination for the characters that we don't know about yet (e.g. Madison's going to say "I used to go camping in XXX when I was young and it was secluded and safe, let's go there") so we get to a new destination, nearer GA, so it'd be closer for Morgan to wander to.

Actually when she told her kids about her killing her father she said she grew up in Montgomery, Alabama. A little google mapping tells me that's the next state in from GA, so that would be a good meeting place. Or any place on the way, but at least then the FTWD people have a good reason for heading East.