TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 15, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 15, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Noooooooooooooooo! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I had to ff to avoid watching the tiger get eaten alive by the zombies 😢

Wish they would leave animal characters out of the show ..... nobody wants to see them die! Nobody (yes I know he was cg tiger) I don't like seeing cartoon animals die either 😥

And what kind of weapons did the saviors use to mangle all of the kings men, seriously lots of body parts...... wth was that?

I guess after the long long wait, we will finally see what happens to Gabe next week

I really hope all the gun battles are done. Did a lot of fast forwarding tonight!
Hope the writers got that out of their system...... geeeeesh

And what about that creepy savior after king Z 😱

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Our guys have been looking for a particular type of gun, might be called an MI-15 or something like that, and that was the one the bad guy used. I think they came from back when they first met the Saviours, and Abraham and Sasha found some military equipment and took it back to Alexandria. Later, when Negan was ruling over them, he took those back.

Did you see on Talking Dead they called the creepy Savior Jeffrey Dahmer, lol?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
oh... sounds like I can skip my recording of tonight's show....

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes poor Shiva, but it was a pivotal part of the story and King E's story. Man those walkers in the radioactive pit were gross!

That gun was a pretty big caliber, you could see how big the casings were.

The gun battles are going to go on until someone is defeated, they can't just end. It was a very intense episode and very revealing for the characters. The chase scene was great.

Yes Kitt, so true, he was Dalmerish. He looked straight out of a 70s movie about why you shouldn't hitchhike!

Kar, the tiger was quite near the end and it isn't like you "see" anything. It was a clutch your pearls moment for me, and sad, I did get shed some tears for her and the King. As I said above a pivotal moment for the King, and Shiva herself.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
A real intense moment for Carol, the King & his one big guy with the old time axe. They went through all the emotions. I think they will come back with a vengeance. I really liked this episode. Not the death but what the living went through.

I loved how Carol knew Rick & Daryl would come through when she heard the motorcycle.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah is that why she knew?! I didn't get that (Carol hearing the bike) and couldn't understand why she thought they would happen to see the truck.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
yes it was perfect timing on their part 😉

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, me too! and I thought come on it's a drawing of a tiger but I still couldnt watch or listen!!!! I really hate these writers!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
How was it a pivotal moment for Shiva and King E? Still not sure I want to listen (I don't watch any more, just listen while I'm doing other things).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I loved how Carol knew Rick & Daryl would come through when she heard the motorcycle."

When I first heard the motorcycle, I thought it was just traffic noise in my neighborhood. When Carol made her comment about the guns not getting through, I thought "Huh?" and then I replayed that scene to see what I missed and that's when I realized that the bike noise was on the show, not on the street outside my building!

I can't even count the number of times I've heard a phone ring on a TV show and reached for the phone next to my TV watchin' chair. :-) A lot of shows use a ring that sounds exactly like my phone.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Sanfranjosh lol I too hear my doorbell, phone and all the other background noise. I am in the country though so I knew that the motorcycle noise was the tv.

The Pivotal moment was Shiva now taking care of the King. In the story he tells of how he was a zoo keeper and came across Shiva as he was near his end. He took care of him and brought him back to a life. Now Shiva repaid it with his life.

The king did all sorts of story telling through out the show to Carol and it explained a lot about him. It was a great episode.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Kar, what Vickie said. Shiva gave her life to save King E. To me it showed her love and loyalty to him. As for King E, this whole episode broke him down. The loss of all his fighters, and the loss of Shiva was the last. I think he will be a forever changed man after this.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Jasper thanks for clearing the sex of Shiva for me lol

I agree King E will be a changed person from this episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see what happens to him, and I'm particularly keen to know what he will do with his accent. I mean they all know he wasn't a king, he was just trying to keep them together, and although his people might have a range of emotions about him still being king or refusing to be king anymore, they kind of knew what the deal was.

But I would guess most of them think he's actually British, and accepting he's a regular guy from down the road, as opposed to a haughty Englishman who wanted to hold court, might be a bigger betrayal.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I saw an article online yesterday with the headline "TWD Kills Off a Favorite Character" with a picture of King Ezekial. I was mad that I saw it, but I fully expected him to get killed off. Not Shiva!!! I just kept telling myself she was only a CGI tiger, but still. It was sad. I still shed a couple of tears. RIP, Shiva!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It will be interesting to see what happens to him, and I'm particularly keen to know what he will do with his accent."

"But I would guess most of them think he's actually British, and accepting he's a regular guy from down the road, as opposed to a haughty Englishman who wanted to hold court, might be a bigger betrayal."

Kit, I'm confused. What accent? Are you saying that King Ezekiel has been speaking with a British accent all this time? He just sounds like an American speaking in a very theatrical Shakespearian/Kingly kind of way to me....as if he's an American actor doing a soliloquy in a serious Shakespearian play onstage. He does speak in a "grand" fashion and with haughty tone, but I don't hear a British accent at all.

Did I miss something about King E pretending he was British or something?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Very telling, this article about winners and losers of new seasons shows.....

Nobody wants to see flash backs and flash forwards, it's confusing and boring. I have not been too crazy with this season so far.....

Loser: The Walking Dead
The season eight premiere attracted 11.4 million viewers and 5.0 demo rating. While still big, those numbers are down 33 and 40 percent from last season's premiere. (And it's the lowest rated premiere since season three.) Are zombies finally over?

https://www.facebook.com/enews/posts/10154880929800736

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
To each his own. It isn't going to appeal to everyone. Nothing ever does.

I have no problem with the flashbacks and don't find it confusing or boring. This is one tv show I watch with undivided attention.

imo it's not telling, I don't think it's over. It's just a very different season. I want to see them kick some ass.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of people dropped out last season cause it was so depressing. I had to stop watching it myself for a few weeks, but I came back. It's good to see them fighting back this season. After all they've been through, it was really hard to see them virtually enslaved by Negan.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, yes, I'd call that a Shakespearian accent, which by virtue of Shakespeare being English ;) would be a British accent. It's an accent that would only be used in theatrical circles these days (think Brian Blessed if you know him, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPRA-2OgtE) but I'd still say it was British (although Brian Blessed is actually Scottish...).

But I guess you're right, that any actor from anywhere playing a Shakespearian character would mimic that voice, and as they know he is mimicking being a king they might assume the accent was fake too.

I'm enjoying the season. I'd enjoy anything with these guys in. Once I'm attached to a character just seeing them (not dying) is a pretty good hour's tv for me. And yes, definitely better than last season, which was harrowing start to finish.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I checked the youtube link of Brian Blessed you posted and he sounds distinctly British to me, even though he did use a style of speaking that is similar to the one King E uses....which I referred to as "Shakespearean". (I didn't get a Scottish vibe from him at all.)

I agree Brian was speaking with a Shakespearean flair, but his a's and the r's and o's have a definite British sound to them. I just don't hear that at all from King E, whose a's and o's sound distinctly American and he even uses a hard 'r" like typical Americans, not the "ah-like" sound of an "r" I hear in most British accents.

I think of "Shakespearean" speaking as a style of speaking. It's a very commanding tone where every word seems to be specifically chosen in order to carry the greatest importance and clarity....but I can still hear a British accent from the person speaking that way (or a Spanish accent or an American accent, depending on the individual who's speaking)....unless, of course, the person speaking is an actor who is doing a British accent for a role in which the character is British.:-)

(I gotta laugh at myself at the thought that I'm disagreeing with an English woman about what a British accent sounds like! )

-------

Did some research...apparently in England, there is a specific way to "speak" Shakespeare, using the correct "Shakespeare accent"....

Here a guy talking about using the correct "Shakespeare accent" and gives examples of speaking Shakespeare with different regional or international accents!

The Opening Lines of Romeo and Juliet Recited in the Original Accent of Shakespeare’s Time

https://laughingsquid.com/romeo-juliet-recited-in-original-shakespeare-accent/

-------

Bottom line, I never got the idea that anyone in The Kingdom ever thought that King E was actually British because of his Shakespearean flair with words...the fact that he's a black man with dread locks and a pet tiger pretty much puts him outside of the realm of British royalty, doesn't it? :-)

I just thought King E was loved and revered because he was a great inspirational leader who had a commanding style, not because they believed he was an actual English King.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
oops...

Please note, the bottom two paragraphs of my post were the result of overlooking this paragraph in your post!:

"But I guess you're right, that any actor from anywhere playing a Shakespearian character would mimic that voice, and as they know he is mimicking being a king they might assume the accent was fake too. "

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think you might be right. I just associate the character so much with a British archetype that I think I probably assumed that's what he was going for. And I'm used to American actors doing bad British accents, hoho ;).

No I didn't think they thought he was a real king, just an English theatrical type who was using his stage voice. Actually I wonder if anyone knew where Shiva came from. If people knew he was a zookeeper that would have spoiled the image somewhat.

(Just found this scene with Carol, it sounds like he told them he found Shiva in the wild and tamed him! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJLL-TFixo)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" And I'm used to American actors doing bad British accents, hoho ;)."

LOL I have zero criticisms of any of the British actors doing American accents on TWD. I think some of them sound more American than *I* do!

Offtopic:

Speaking of accents....I recently saw Caitriona Balfe, the actress who plays Claire Fraser on "Outlander" on a late night talk show and it was the first time I'd heard her speak using her own voice. Her lilting Irish accent was both a surprise and a delight (I've always loved the lyrical sound of an Irish accent). I only knew her from her role on "Outlander" where she plays a proper English woman so I had just assumed she was British like her character.