TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 10, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They do call it a "geriatric pregnancy" over 35 though. My friend is going through IVF and they're treating her as if she were ancient.

I think the brother was killed in combat too, otherwise they'd still be in touch.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My guess is that he probably thought he could 'protect' his brother in Vietnam and suffers from that.... plus PTSD, which was not a 'thing' back then.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/24/this-is-us-jack-family-secret/

About how brother Nicky is why Jack wanted his sons to bond.. How his compartmentalising is how Kevin operates and more..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/26/this-is-us-season-2-premiere-ending/?xid=Outbrain_People_GalleryRR

That was Randall's girlfriend.. And other info from episode 1 of season 2.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I can't believe no one has uttered a peep about the Halloween episode. It wasn't that bad, was it? The Sonny & Cher costumes were delightful, while Rebecca explaining to 10-year-old Randall why they "lost" baby Kyle was heartbreaking!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved Rebecca's editing in this ep. I was bawling. loved how they edited her with baby Randall and baby Tess. I love this show so much!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The show's almost too good to talk about, you just want to wallow in it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was an interesting throwback. My takeaway was that Rebecca didn't start dating Miguel until about 8 years after Jack died. Being that he was in their lives so much, I thought he would have been around to comfort her... so the kids didn't like him. But now, it seems that he moved to Houston shortly thereafter Jack's death.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
They are showing more and more layers to Kevin this season. I find his character fascinating.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
What I love about this show is that there are so many different layers that people can relate to, no matter who you are. I lost my dad early so many of those scenes with them feeling the loss, I feel mine all over again. I was super close to him. My dad grew up in the foster system so that hits home too. I wish he would have had a Randall when he needed one.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I come from a capital D in dysfunctional family. I love how this show is able to show the dysfunction and issues and still capture the love. I like the gritty aspects. Hubby said, "Oh, they're going with the basic addiction story line." I told him I thought they had to because so many kids follow in their father's footsteps and this is very likely to happen. Kevin didn't want to take the pills because he didn't want to be like his dad (alcohol) but with things falling in around him (his level of falling in) he gave in to the pills. I don't have to suspend any belief when I watch this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kevin was the least needy child. Jack stood up for Kate and Rebecca for Randall, but Kevin was in the middle.

He stood up for Kate and she did him.

We also find that Kate was still in suspense 8 years latdr, eating fast food in her car, brooding over the list house and life..

And yes, important to find out the reconnection with Miguel started 8 years later.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This is the sweetest show!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That family is definitely in need of counseling.

Loved seeing Randall's father again and understanding 'his' context when Randall knocked on the door. Randall probably saved his life that day.

The 2 judges talking about their day was a nice touch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i hate what they are doing to the kevin character. i want him happy with his x

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just love Toby.

And seeing Randall's father and learning more of his story was great.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Do we know why they named him Randall? It wouldn't be Kyle, but where did the name Randall come from?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong, but I think he was named after the author of the book his birth father left him.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
according to wikipedia - in eps 1 and 3 we find out that it would have been Kyle but "at the advice of William, Rebecca decides to give him his own name, naming him after William's favorite poet, Dudley Randall." (remember that Rebecca saw William early on)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have always hated shows that have flashbacks.

Somehow, This is Us makes it work.

(Jimmer, have you started watching it yet?)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, I love Toby! He is the sweetest! How did Kate get so lucky?

I was irritated with Randall and his wife for being so judgy about Daysia's mom. They don't know what she's been through. Randall grew up with every advantage, including a loving home. Daysia's mom may not have had any of that, but she loves her girl and is doing the best she can. Just the fact that she didn't want her daughter to see her with her face all messed up shows she loves her.

And yes, Pamy, I hate what they've done to Kevin. He's totally self-sabotaging. I hate it!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also dont buy how attached they are to Dayja in just a couple weeks. It doesnt feel like she has been with them much longer than that but maybe Im wrong.

BJM, agree about not liking how Randall was w/the mom, he should know people change, like his dad did

I love William and I love his storylines. You just want to hug him

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"BJM, agree about not liking how Randall was w/the mom, he should know people change, like his dad did "

Pamy, I think it's just because Randall is such a control freak...he does learn to see things from a different perspective after some soul searching (or after his wife sets him straight!) but initially he always gets too wrapped up in his head about things he can't control. Give him any new situation and he will immediately go down a mental path of the worst possible outcome. That's just his automatic "go to" response when he faces a new unknown....but he'll eventually come around. He always does.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been working under the assumption that Randall is on the autism spectrum, even if just mildly. He functions very well, but it takes him an unusually long time to see things in a less extreme way than his initial reaction. That's just what I thought we were "meant" to think, given how they've portrayed him as a child and an adult.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Randall did give Dayja's mother their home phone number.

He encouraged them to talk to each other and Dayja was so happy.