TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The View

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View users admin

We have created an additional thread in the TVCH News & Views area that will allow interested TVCH Posters to engage in an extended discussion of politics and various news issues that have been introduced on The View.

The View - Extended Discussion of Politics/News in N & V

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Tisha's Re-ViewsUrgrace13 09-10-06  2:25 pm
ARCHIVESStrategist1100 45 07-03-21  7:08 am
Archive through September 25, 2021Strategist25 09-25-21  3:13 am
Archive through February 02, 2022Seamonkey25 02-02-22  8:24 pm
Archive through February 13, 2022Grooch25 02-13-22  12:26 pm
Archive through August 04, 2022Kappy25 08-04-22  1:04 pm
Archive through July 27, 2023Naja25 07-27-23  8:49 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I usually like Rachel so I was kind of taken back by her co-hosting style considering it was her first time. Then I realized she is probably a friend of Sunny's which means she was told to go after Sara and Alyssa. Sunny seems to be under the impression that this is now her show. I really wish she would have been fired when McCain was because she is just as toxic. I now record the show so I can fast-forward through Sunny because I usually enjoy the rest.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
How are they getting around the writers strike? I checked in with the ladies this morning for the first time in years bc there’s no new content on any other talk show. They are still just as hypocritical and un self aware as always. Now that the strike has reached an agreement how long will it be before we see new content on TV?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm liking the show this season although I still fast forward through Sunny. I know that Whoopi addressed the reason they can be on but I don't remember the exact wording. It has to do with the category they are listed under on tv and they do not use writers. I believe they got the go ahead from all parties involved before starting the season. They don't use writers and I assume most of the topics discussed are agreed on in group meetings with the ladies and their individual producers. I was surprised The Talk couldn't do the same thing but maybe they actually use writers?

Lakecat, you really should start a thread for The Five and watch that show. They are more along the lines of your political leanings and might not upset you as much.

As for new content on tv, I think we're in for a fall filled with mostly reality shows and repeats. It will take a while for all of them (actors, writers, studios, crews, etc.) to get back on track with setting up schedules, etc. I'm predicting we don't see anything new until early 2024. Thank God for libraries!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Geez that’s a long time to wait for new content. I thought Sheri was going to be new but they had 4 new shows, followed by 2 re runs, not sure what the deal is there.
I do watch The Five occasionally but it really doesn’t address pop culture, beauty products, celebrities etc that The View does. In other words, The Five has a specific audience and is not mainstream or directed at women as The View is *suppose to be.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i believe it is categorized as a "news" program, and that is why they can be on during the strike.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just read the late night and morning talk shows could be back within a few days but possibly the guests on the shows will only be politicians, authors and non acting singers until everything is set in stone.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 08, 2024 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Bumping up The View to discuss The Golden Globes 2024.

I was surprised to hear Whoopi somewhat go along with the view that Joe Koy failed at hosting The Golden Globes last night. Her defense of how difficult the job is was way too weak to me. I actually watched the entire show, something most of the ladies including Whoopi hadn't, and I enjoyed his monologue. I was really surprised at the lack of laughter in the audience at The Globes. I realize Oppenheimer is suppose to be an excellent movie and I realize they are just coming out of a strike but for goodness sake people, have a sense of humor about yourselves!

Two good things happened today on the show. Sunny was called mean, which she is, and Sunny was told to let Alyssa finish her senrence before interrupting. It's about time Hopefully we see more of that in the new year.

But back to The Globes - Loved seeing both Ali Wong and Steve Yeun recognized for their excellent work in The Beef!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 08, 2024 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I heard he only had 10 days to come up with the material. I guess he was a last minute replacement for someone else??

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 09, 2024 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It ends up he wasn't a replacement. He was just the only one they could get to yes, which happened to be 10 days before the event.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, January 09, 2024 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I love the view, all of the women on it too! I find Alyssa to be refreshing among other republicans seen on other shows such as The Five.
My fav on the View is of course Whoopie!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: