TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: Archive through October 30, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Amelia. Derek's sister. I didn't care for her but I liked it when they got her and Owen together - and then they changed everything and screwed it up.

I don't think Teddy will be back as a love interest for Owen - I suspect it will have to do more with the drama surrounding Owen's sister.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Dang it!
I decided I had too many other shows to watch and just don't care for many characters on Grey's anymore so began deleting my recordings. I did stop and peek at couple episodes and think maybe I should have watched the season.
I like April & Jackson and really hope they have a "happily ever after" although I don't think it looks promising. I will never understand anyone naming a baby Harriet. Poor little thing.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I will never understand anyone naming a baby Harriet. Poor little thing.

Or Hazel or Phinnaeus or Henry -- Julia Roberts' children.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Henry and Harriet (to be shortened to Harry) were both big baby names a few years ago in England, the "old" names made a comeback mostly (I think) due to the Royal babies.

Phinnaeous though.... .

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I know an Agnes and an Edna. I think I'd go by a nickname like Aggie or Eddie.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I really dislike this ugly old name trend and no doubt so will the unfortunately monikered tots. Hazel, Edith, Harriet, ick, ick and ick. Haven't seen a Bertha or Beulah yet.
My name is not that bad but I have never liked it. I was named after a grandmother and it is an older name.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps to these kids it won't be "old" names. I used to have my unique name when I was a kid but have come to appreciate it years later because I am usually the only one that people know. Julie Roberts' kids will know they are blessed by her star power so I doubt it will be a huge issue for them - after all - Michael Jackson's kids seem to have survived being named Prince and Blanket (yes, I know he's being called something else now), Moon Unit Zappa didn't let herself be held back...weird is the new norm for Hollywood kids apparently.

Wasn't Harriet after Harriet Tubman?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Actually I like Phinnaeus shortened to Phin.

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I always hated my name Donna lee

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
When I was a child I was the only person I knew with my name. Everybody I knew had a grandma with my name. Of course, I was named for my grandma. I hated it. Now I hear my name screamed all over stores as mothers call their little girls with my old fashioned name.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Just binge watched the whole season, very pleased overall. I know several of the stand alone episodes were done to cover mat leaves and were good but left questions. Like why the heck would Jackson and April sleep together and then there is no mention no after effect at all??

I am glad Bailey finally stood up for Richard. Truthfully Minnick did not know when to shut up and be contrite. You forgot to tell the police someone was missing?? Yes that is on you even if you thought she shouldn't be there in the first place.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved this past season...my least favorite storyline was Owen and Amelia...but at the end of the season there was a little light that maybe spells better things for them in the future.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Love a 2 hour premiere. Owen's sister is an amazing person and I hope she stays on the show. Forgot how much I liked Teddy when she wasn't being crazy. Love that Jo and Karev got together. All in all very satisfied with the direction the season started out going (although my daughter doesn't know I watched the show - I think I told her I would wait until she came home from college...OOPS!).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Looks like you were off on your Aug 3 Rd post Roxip.
Not a fan of the way they write the character of Amelia. Talk about being your own worst enemy. Now it looks like Owen will be conflicted between his love for Teddy and sympathy for Amelia. I do like Owens sister, she use to be on All My Children.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If there is a way to screw up Amelia's life then the writers of Grey's have seemed to have taken great glee in doing so...of course watching your beloved father be murdered in front of your eyes probably doesn't start off a young life on the best foot!

Should be interesting. Owen doesn't love Teddy though - if he did he would have acted on it a long a time ago. She probably would be the best choice for him but she just always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time for a relationship with Owen.

I kind of remember the actress now that you say that...she was somebody's sister or something (I quit watching AMC a while back - used to be a huge fan).

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Since Timeless was renewed, the lead will be too busy to stay on GA.
So I knew Owen's sister would go back to Iraq.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So Owen's sister is the lead actress on Timeless (sorry, I'm trying to interpret your post...LOL!). What a shame. I like the actress and think it could be an interesting storyline.

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I think the writers are brilliant Amelia was one of my favorites and I started hating her but I am sitting here crying because it makes so much sense!!! She isn't a selfish mean unfeeling person she's just sick.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I understand that one of the original writers of the show has come back and is doing a lot of the writing and it shows in the storylines.

Okay, I loved Jo's sign at the end.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I really like Amelia too and hated the way her character was portrayed. The ending was nice with Owen by her bedside and Mer climbing into bed with her.

Glad to see Jo and Alex back together. They are perfect for each other.... which means something bad is going to happen.....

Not liking Owen's sister at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
A little disappointed in this episode, although I know that Grey's likes to throw these stand-alone episodes in every once in a while. It was good to get the entire Megan/Nathan/Owen backstory and understand what motivated each of them into the actions they had taken and the resulting guilt and unresolved feelings that lingered. I guess this means Nathan is off the show? I did like that his story with Meredith came to a nice resolution and that both of them were okay with it.

I honestly didn't see Owen and Amelia coming to that nice of an ending though.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Or Nathan was joining Private Practice? LOL
DH asked how someone unemployed could afford Malibu?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I guess Nathan is leaving the show?? I liked him and Meredith together.

I also thought Owen and Amelia would separate. However, I do like them together. But, maybe this opens Owen up for Meredith???

Not that enamored with the episode though.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Isn't Amelia still pregnant? And isn't Owen still in the dark about it?

If so, I think that leaves their relationship wide open for at least two more reconciliations and two more break ups. This break up will be just a little speed bump in the road.

And with Amelia's brain tumor, a snip here, a stitch there, and they can just remove the "scatter" and/or "addle" from her exhausting brain.

Please, Shonda...do it for the fans!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't remember Amelia being pregnant...and you would think with major brain surgery that might have come up in the testing...?

Yuck to Owen and Meredith. Although the moral of the characters in Grey's have not always been the highest I don't think Meredith would go where her best friend and her sister-in-law have tread before...however...but just YUCK!

I wasn't a fan of Nathan either.

Maybe Megan got all of her back pay from her years being held captive.