TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 25, 2017 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I made it through ep 5 before I conked out. I am really enjoying it. At least now I know what it meant on the talk shows when the hosts would say to Milo "So you play a dead guy". That sounds really weird when you thought you were sure the show is a drama and not something supernatural.... LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(Had some flashbacks personally with the last episode to when I was in foster homes as a throw-away child, and was trying desperately to adapt and be accepted. Unsuccessfully for the most part.) Yep this show certainly goes deep.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
(((Mame)))

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Any comments on tonight's episode? No real choke up moments for me. But is Kevin really that dumb to not know that pushing his knee will really be bad?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Had I few choke up moments when the adopted daughter started to open up and when she was bullied.
The scenes with Rebecca's mom where heartbreaking.

I guess that the path they are going on is that Kevin will become an addicct like many others in Hollywood and everywhere else.

Biggest surprise of course Kate's pregnancy.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I totally felt for Deja when she realized that Beth talked to Randall about her. Devastating. But glad they went there cuz it was getting a little bit too "easy" to be realistic.

Surprised about Kate for sure.

It's too bad that Rebecca's mom didn't try to show a little more love/affection to Rebecca because then it would be less hard to dislike her. If that makes sense. Would make the conflict more challenging.

And for someone who dislikes being called Bunny then why would she pick "Bug" as her daughter's nickname?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not really liking this show as much as last year.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Deja has been abused or hurt in the past by a man. She responds to Beth, but not Randall.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Koolie, I agree and was thinking the same thing while watching last night. I still enjoy seeing the early years of Jack and Rebecca with the young kids, and enjoy most scenes with Randall and his family.
I don't care for the storyline they are setting up with Kevin and the pills and find the storyline with Kate being pregnant ridiculous. Between her age and weight this is obviously a high risk pregnancy. I Would have much preferred a more in depth story about Kate and Toby's growing relationship before bringing the drama of an unplanned baby into the mix.
Last week's episode with Sylvester Stallone bored me to tears.
Seems like overall they are grasping at storylines all over the map this season and it's a shame.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the Kevin and Kate storylines have lost me. I would prefer they explore the relationships more, rather than set up these 'issues' for each of them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maybe Kate will lose the baby and that will bring her weight back to the fore forefront. I'm anxious to see how that goes.

I joined a Facebook This Is Us fan group. Viewers there do pick up on the smallest details that give details to the storylines.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
ITA with developing the storyline as far as Kate's weight loss and relationship, no baby issues with all the negativity a high risk pregnancy brings.I
was getting into her motivation to exercise and to do yoga. Kevin always has big time drama.....
Not liking the direction for these 2.
As to Randall not really wild about the foster kid idea , would have preferred him writing a book or doing something to remember his 2 Dad's.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am interested in all story lines, some more than others.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Agree, Seamonkey.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying the storylines too... especially the crossover with Deja and Randall's childhood struggles in how he was accepted (or not) by different people. It's just as important now in this climate as in the past (race, the horrors of foster care that some, but not all, of us have known about, which are getting more coverage now, etc). And it was obvious Deja had abuse from a male figure from the very first day when she lurched back when Randall came to the bedroom doorway.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I saw that right away, Legal, and was surprised that Randall didn't recognize the obvious fear in her eyes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
By the way, in this episode, it was mentioned that Beth was previously wprking part time, but now that Randall is stay at home, she is working full time.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
"Beth" was on the Talk this past week. She talked about an award they had gotten (I can't recall if it was an Emmy or something else) she told the story of "Toby" carrying it around, not knowing where to put it. They jokingly placed it in several spots where it can be seen in the background (at Beth & Randall's house). She said the award is see-through, hard to see, but the eagle-eyed viewers have already spotted it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Starr, that is so cool, ty for sharing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will be looking for that!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So.. Jack had a brother in the service.. Hmm

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh when Kate said she was worried about having a baby at 37 (although I realize her major concern is her weight). Lots of women have babies closer to 40 these days. My mother had her last baby (my younger brother) at 35, and she said she felt really, really old. I had my first baby at 45! That's old. So happy we did it, though!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing his brother was killed in combat :-(

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have a friend who had first child at 44 and second 2 - 3 years later. That was about ten years ago.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
My sister in law had her first child at 42 (in 2001), her second at 45, and her third at 49. Amazingly, her youngest, now 9, is the tallest boy in his class, is strong as an ox and can pass for a 12-year-old!