TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 25, 2017 users admin

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Scout, I just binged on Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon Prime. Wacky and wonderful, a little risque at times but still great. I am looking for something new now.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy - I hadn't heard of that one, but will have to check it out. I'm always looking for something new, too. They have such a huge selection.
Another nice thing on Amazon Prime are the many seasons of Amazing Race, which is my husband's favorite show. Plus, some seasons of Survivor. I wish they would get Big Brother. I'd really like to see that first season again.

And on Netflix - I just re-watched all the episodes of Stranger Things. I can't wait for that series to come back on!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Doesn’t someone post Halloween related tv show, movies or is that for Christmas 🎄 shows ?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, I'm not a comedy person, but I really enjoyed Amazon's Catastrophe. Three seasons so far.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
went to filming of next seasons Match game. the first show they taped was boring, but the second one was roll on the floor laughing, i had to keep wiping tears from my eyes. They taped the entire season in one week. Just recommend for the 2017 season, a friend who recommended I attend, had seen earlier tapings and said they were even better than the ones i attended.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sounds so fun!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Just watched the pilot of 9JKL. Thought I was gonna scream from all the canned laughter. It was frustrating, annoying and distracting. How can I pay attention to the plot line when I'm cringing at all the misplaced laughter.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Whoami, 9JKL was pretty bad. The plot was every tired old thing that ever happened on a bad TV show done even more poorly. The laugh track was the only way there would be any laughter. Otherwise the mass rolling of comedy greats in their graves would have been deafening. Plus the screaming of the great & good living comedic actors.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Color, I am not a comedy person either, I go for the slightly wacky so I will look for Catastrope. Also loved Netflix Offspring, wacky austrialian family . Oh also try Travels with my Father...so funny

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
9JKL is horrible! I don't expect it to stay around very long.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't watch many comedies but the canned laughter often seems so forced. It's used after every sentence.

Some of the best laughs I've ever had watching TV were from dramatic shows with some comedy included. No laugh track there at all and none is needed.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Has anyone been watching the show about the Menendez brothers? I have not, but wondering if others had been watching and how well is it doing in the ratings? I am so confused that this is even on television.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know how it's doing in the ratings, but I have been watching it. I'm liking it. There are so many things I didn't know about the murders. Edie Falco is one of my favorite actresses so there was no way I was going to miss this. She plays the boys' lawyer.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I am so confused that this is even on television."

That series about the OJ trial was a huge hit that won several Emmys. This idea of presenting true stories in the form of a drama is a genre that seems to be gaining traction. I'll bet we start seeing more of them.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Has anyone been able to find the Offspring spin-off, The Nurses on YouTube? I know they aired originally back in 2010 but doesn’t this stuff live forever online? Lol

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Last year Amazon aired a very good Amazon original series, Good Girls Revolt. I enjoyed it and hoped for more. ONE Amazon exec cancelled it, Roy Price

Hmmmmmmm.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Those laugh tracks are so distracting. I'm watching Kathy Bates in Disjointed on Netflix. She's an aging hippy who owns a weed dispensary. The laugh track is so awful, I've bailed on the series.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I wasn't even noticing the laugh tracks on 9JKL simply because I was so shocked at how juvenile and bad the jokes were. I was too embarrassed for the cast to notice anything else.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Scared Famous on VH1 looks kind of good in a train wreck way LOL starts tomorrow 6/9pm

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That looks like so much fun, Pamy. I laughed so hard at this trailer when the scary clowns ran through the house. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgshIMwgado

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
why that looks like a perfect shop for the project runway twins. looks like New York is there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Michael Jackson Halloween special this friday looks really fun and I love his music.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really and truly wanted to like Scared Famous and I even set it as a season pass on the tivo when I first heard of it...but everyone was so loud and obnoxious and fake I had to turn it off and delete the season pass. (Same reason I can't watch those fake, overly nipped and tucked and "enhanced" "real housewives" shows.) I did get a laugh from one of the women when she said something about "all these people with different personalities". I laughed because they all had the exact same personality! You know, that "obnoxious-over-the-top-too-loud-look-at-me-being-a-star-on-fake-'reality'-tv" personality that they're all taught to use.

I know some people like that kind of personality on "reality" tv because of the proliferation of those kinds of shows...but honestly, I find them excruciating.

However, during the 20 or so minutes I able to sit through, I'd say there's a lot more silicone in that "haunted" house than there is ectoplasm!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's been quite a few years since I've watched a VH1 reality show, and I kind of got a kick out of it. It brought me back to the silliness of the early and mid 2000s reality shows when they were pumped out as fast as factory shoes.

I thought it was pretty funny that one girl was sprinkling the margarita salt around the house to keep the evil away. LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, ME TOO!!! I decided after 5 mins but wanted to see New York, so FF to her arrival and watched a few more mins and thought either I'm too old or this show is complete trash.