TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 29, 2017 users admin

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
Whose graves was Rick standing by? I don't like going back and forth in time it confuses me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did we see future Carl? I can't remember

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well Judith in the beginning of episode looked more like 3

If Judith is older than "should" be shouldn't Maggie's baby already been born or at least look like it's almost due?

This show is killing me!

And now if Rick would have shot and liked Negan than that part of show would have been done. Negan is playing out the whole season from what I heard. So don't know when he will die or be captured...... I'm so sad for Gabe if this wasn't a dream.

Wish they wouldn't do this ..... at least when other shows skip back and forth they give us a clue as in "3 weeks ago" or 1week ago..... etc etc. and if it was a normal episode of TTD, than we might have gotten a betters understanding UGH 😑

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Re the grave - Glenn?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We have to remember that Carl is technically 14 or 15, if we follow the show's timelines. They seem to be happy to let (born) children age with extra speed.

The TWD wiki says the most recent Judith from the last couple of seasons (http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Chloe_%26_Sophia_Garcia-Frizzi) plays Judith this season, and looking at the picture gallery there I'm pretty sure it's her. The video that plays here (-> http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Judith_Grimes_(TV_Series)) has her in season 7 episode 12, and she's already aged a little in that compared to earlier in S7. I'd guess she's over age 2 for sure.

I look down to take notes, but I don't think we saw future/old Carl, only heard him. On Talking Dead they were talking as if he'd been on screen, so I'm not sure.

My concern is that the teary-eyed Rick is the end of season Rick, after this war plays out, and he isn't happy. I'm wondering if future/old Rick is real or just the dream teary-eyed Rick had for how his future would be, before it all went horribly wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We saw the back of Carl's upper body as he walked through the right side of the screen and said something. We didn't see his face.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And how is it that Judith is growing up as Maggie still isn't even showing? LOL"

It's the Grime genes. Carl is only about 15 if you follow the timeline. Rick is probably just in his early 20s!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Watching Talking Dead I was thinking how rough Andrew Lincoln looks for 44 (his real age) now. I don't know if it's being in the sun filming for so long, but if you compare his real life pics all fresh faced in 2010 compared to now, he's really aged in seven years.

Danai is 39 now but looks 29, with and without Michonne makeup.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I found the flashes to red rimmed eyed Rick and old Rick discombobulating. In the old Rick scenes with Judith and a regular Michone and Carl how is Rick so dang old and they're unchanged. That has to be the dream. Is it a daydream as he sits over the graves of Glenn and Abraham? What could be? I imagine the owl was an homage to Jessie otherwise I'm not sure what the purpose was in Judith showing it to him.

Is he red eyed because something went horribly wrong at the last scene where the smoke bomb went off and those are the graves of others? I haven't seen the rest of TD so haven't seen the preview.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm going to have to watch it again, but on first run through I thought the scenes that weren't related to the war (Carl out feeding the stranger, Rick at Glenn and Abraham's graves, the Hilltop working metal at the forges and putting them on the cars, Daryl communicating with Dwight with the arrows) were from the time in between the end of last season and when they were prepped to begin the war.

Then when they were ready to go all the groups (Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom) met in that field with the reinforced cars, and that's the time frame where all the rousing speeches came from, the ones we saw cut into the main story. The scene where Rick kisses Judith and Michonne, hugs Carl, and says "this is the end," is from just before he left for that meeting.

(I'm not sure whether it was just before or just after that meeting, but that's when Tara and Carol start herding the walkers, and Daryl and others kill the spies that Dwight had told them about.)

Then Rick leads the cars to The Sanctuary for Negan, Maggie goes to the Hilltop, Daryl leads the horde closer to the Sanctuary. And Negan and the other come out, and the bullets begin, but they eventually leave with poor Gabriel left behind by Gregory.

Then teary-eyed Rick is some time in the near (guess) future.

And old Rick is either a dream of teary-eyed Rick or there's going to be a time jump of five years at some point.

Hope that's helpful to put it all in order.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I abhore when they do this in a show or movie. Is it real, is it not? How much time has past? What's going on?Etc. I will drop out if they leave us in a perpetual state of confusion.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Could be that the time at the grave is after too. Maybe some part of Gabriel gets returned to them?

I don't like the jumping around either. I don't want to have to work that hard to figure it out.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh, perish the thought of a 5 year time jump! Those just suck!
Remembering when that happend to the "Ghost Whisperer" and we all know how that went over!

If this was all in real, than I can't imagine what Began is going to do to Gabe! Somone aught to string up that Gregory as target practice 😬

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
FWIW I watched again and put my summary in the timeline thread, straightening out the time jumps (as I saw it). But yes, it's possible the two graves Rick is standing at are two new graves, although one of the grave scenes was right before the Hilltop metal forging scene, as if they were happening one after the other.

On second viewing I'm pretty convinced old future Rick is a dream by red-eyed Rick, who's crying after the war has played out and hasn't gone as well as planned. Makes me think someone significant to him has died, like Michonne or Carl. (I'm assuming Judith has we-don't-kill-babies armour.) Or maybe Maggie or Daryl. I'd have thought it has to be that close group to have that strong a reaction.

Oh Gregory! His posturing when telling Hilltop to go home was so funny! What a weasly shadow of a man he is.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok, I think it's fair to say that a lot of us will agree with Funy or Dies

The 22 most ridiculous things from last night TWD!

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/1820b4001a/the-22-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-the-walking-dead-premiere-s08e01-mercy

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
could he be crying cuz Michonne dies? in the flash fwd, Rick and Judith have aged and Michonne didnt. I know African Americans dont age like us white people but I still think they would have had a little age makeup on her...the glaring difference was purposeful IMO

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lost, ty for the link, they are fun to read/see!!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh you are right! Michonne wasn't aged at all...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They asked about that on TTD and the actress who plays Michonne just said "black don't crack." LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I hope you're wrong Pamy but it seems very plausible.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's the most likely option. I'm sure Judith can't be killed. I'm pretty sure about Carl unless the actor wanted to leave, and he doesn't seem to. So that really leaves Michonne.

But it could be that she or Carl were taken, and he was sure they were going to be killed, but then later, after that shot, they're saved...

Or maybe they're exhausted but happy tears. I turned on the subtitles yesterday and they said "chuckle" twice during that scene.

This season we need to watch out for that stained glass panel that was hanging from the building Rick was leaning against, and glinting in his eye. Knowing where that is might be a clue.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes it seemed an odd thing to throw in

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Who is Morales?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
He was in the first episode at the camp. When they all left to go to Atlanta and the virus place he left with his wife and children to go look for relatives.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some people on the internet must be having fits over seeing Morales!

Gracie the baby! Hope something bad doesn't happen to her before Rick takes her home to be Judith's playmate. I'm sure one of the stay-at-home peeps in Alexandria can look after her.

The evil guy who was in the group of Saviors Jesus saved, although I understand he didn't want to kill, what could you really do with someone like that in the zombie apocalypse? He'd have to spend the rest of his life in jail, or at least the foreseeable future, as he just couldn't be trusted. From the previews I expect it won't be an issue, but it would be a real problem.