TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Leah Remini: Scientology and Aftermath: Archive through October 17, 2017 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here is a good article I just read on Tony's site...

HURRICANE LEAH: ‘The defenses are crumbling. Scientology in Los Angeles is dying.’

https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/11/hurricane-leah-the-defenses-are-crumbling-scientology-in-los-angeles-is-dying/#more-42358

Go Leah! So happy the show won the Emmy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! That was a really interesting article, Rieann. Thanks for posting!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Back tonight at a new time... 10pm.

FYI...Saw an article that DVR's may still record the 9pm repeat as new.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I've watched all the episodes of this show and last night's was the most disturbing, to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded it and because I have Wednesday and Thursday shows that I watch in real time, I won't be able to watch it until Friday at the earliest.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree, this was by far the most disturbing. I seriously was in tears most of the episode and just shocked.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can't even imagine sending my son off to college, much less sending him off to boarding school at 8 years old. That was horrible. Those young people have been irreparably damaged for the rest of their lives. That young woman (Tara?) was so traumatized, you could see how much pain she was in still, years later. Somebody needs to pay for these crimes. And it needs to stop.

John Travolta, Kirstie Alley, Tom Cruise, Elizabeth Moss and the rest of them need to see what their "religion" does to their fellow human beings. It's horrific.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I don't think they care what Scientology does to their fellow human beings. I read an article several years back that when Tom Cruise makes a movie, he has a "Scientology" tent set up on location so he can recruit.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why though? What is the hold that it has over rich and famous people? Why do they support it?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Why does anyone join a cult?

Even though I think Tom Cruise and the rest of Hollywood is comprised of nothing but idiots incapable of having a rational thought on their own, I'm still baffled that Greta Van Susteren is a Scientologist. I think her husband got her into the Church.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Leah said that she would get in trouble for not recruiting her co-stars.

And she did bring her friend JLo to the Tom and Katie wedding, and Scientology really wanted JLo..

The famous ones are treated differently and don't believe what is done to people, especially childredn.

They often feel that Scientology helped them to succeed.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's fascinating though because they are rich and famous before becoming members. It's not like Scientology helped them become rich and famous. Maybe it's the exclusivity and the fact that you have to have money to progress through the ranks?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have always felt like it is a form of brainwashing and it does seem like once they get the celebrities in they take care of them in a different way.

Plus now the celebrities could say that Leah lost her career by leaving Scientology, so the Emmy is a sort of powerful example in proving that she has a career without Scientology.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Even people with great notoriety and money can feel empty. Scientology provides them with a sense of meaning and purpose (although an invalid one), and that is its attraction no matter what your station in life.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a shame that it's such a terrible religion. They could be doing so many positive things if it had worked out that way.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
I remember when you could not turn the TV on without seeing a L.Ron Hubbard commercial for Dianetics. I remember when many many were buying up the books and talking about how it helped them. Ok, I am old

I think a big part of the appeal for celebrities is that high OT7 or 8 level where they are suppose to be able to conquer and do anything...be super beings.

I am really hoping Leah's show gets the IRS to reconsider their tax exempt status and that article posted above was a great read along with the many many comments below it...thank you.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Keep in mind that the members are all "audited". That means CoS has their deepest, darkest secrets. Leaving may not see like it is an option.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Were there investigations, were there any angry parents who complained or were they more concerned for their whatever it is called level? Did law enforcement turn a blind eye like they have many times before, including the boys town scandal?
Of the two people I knew hwho had some involvement with Scientology, one had self esteem, even though she was obese and in an abusive relationship, she could not accept the crap that the sci- people were pushing, the insults and nasty ness. the second person was not rich, but had a job and career ambitions, and liked the idea of having control over the world, she worked like a dog to pay for the courses and could not play her rent. When I asked her why she joined she said that when she was in tune with the universe, she could break my leg by thinking about it. so I asked her why she wanted to break my leg. She had no answer. She did not have good self esteem. I only hope that when she was evicted she went home to the midwest to her parents.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night I watched this week's episode. Needless to say, when they played the audiotape of the beating, it was beyond upsetting and made me cringe. It left me speechless.

Leah has repeatedly said that the CoS tells its members that the children "do not belong" to the parents. I have to wonder when John Travolta's son died, how much influence the CoS had over John's thinking regarding his son's treatment. (I don't know if that makes any sense.) Wasn't it brought up after his son died that he might not have been given the necessary medical treatment?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It makes sense and was brought up, but... One has to hope their son had access to all he needed, but Scientology allows only certain methods and practitioners.

Auditing is a main treatment.. And remember, children are trained to audit.

Vitamins! (And I believe in those, but there is a place for medicine)

Remember Tom Cruise attacking Brooke Shields for talking about her treatment for post partum depression? As if it was his business.

Remember his strident interview with Matt Lauer?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I remember him going after Brooke Shields. I quit watching the Today Show back in the 90s so I don't remember anything concerning Matt Lauer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tom+cruise+matt+lauer+interview&view=detail ...

So condescending..

I don't watch the show either.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Sea. As much as I dislike Matt Lauer, I thought he handled himself well. I had to LOL when Tom said he does "research" on an issue. His idea of "research" is reading only materials approved by the CoS.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
The whole Tom Cruise "vitamins and exercise can cure depression" spiel (re: Brooke Shields's openness about suffering from post-partum depression) is what caught my attention and made me realize he was totally off his rocker. I suffer from depression (and anxiety) and I took great exception on his proclamations that medications for depressions should be avoided/replaced with vitamins and exercise only. First off, he's a MAN - who never had post-partum depression, so why does he have an opinion on it (or about someone who is not his wife/loved one treatment) and how reckless it was to go on national tv and even suggest that people who may need medication not seek medical treatment? Oy...then, all his couch jumping about Katie Holmes just did me in. I won't watch another of his movies. Shudder.

As more came to light of his personal life and the role of Scientology had in it, I googled Scientology and found out more, I had the opinion that it was a cult-like operation and felt sorry for those who were in it. Now that even more is being brought to light by Leah Remini and Mike Rinder's show, I'm happy more are learning about it and hopefully won't be caught up in it - and that they lose their tax exempt status, etc.