TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BULL: Archive through October 17, 2017 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
There is something weird about this show, as if the producers are trying hard to bring you a different spin on courtroom drama.
I don't even know if such thing exists, do they really go to the trouble of studying every Juror? I once went to Jury Duty, so they called it, there were about 200 people to choose and I was hoping they wouldn't get me, I was lucky, they already decided their numbers after about 50 calls and I waited two hours and didn't even make it past the entrance. A second time they sent me Jury Duty call and this time I came prepared, I put an excuse that I can't hear very well and I had my doctor's certificate and they didn't even finish looking at the paper that they were already busy with the next one.
But this Dr. Bull is something else and I wonder if in reality anyone does what he does on this show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Spunky I think you would only see this in high profile cases. We know that they used one for Oprahs trial with the beef cattlemen.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, jury consultants are a big thing, especially in high dollar outcome cases & some capital cases.

Love this show every week, being from Texas, I got tickled by last night's show.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I have been enjoying this show also.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the show -- as yet. I think I first became aware of jury consultants due to Oprah's trial. That's how she met Dr. Phil. Without her and her trial, he'd still be in Texas unknown. I can't stand him.

Jurors aren't chosen willy nilly. The "bigger" the trial, the more work that goes into choosing the jury. In January '91, I was chosen as the alternate on a six-man federal jury -- tax case. I was surprised I was chosen as I was a legal secretary. Very interesting experience. I had gotten a state jury summons the month before. Almost chosen for, IIRC, Board of Inquiry. (Maybe have term wrong?) Decide whether a death was homicide or natural causes. More interesting than taxes. No jury summons since.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Thankfully, the character Bull acts nothing like Dr. Phil

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, they are working in a barn, this is going to be good.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I couldn't watch NICS for the first ten years or so because of the Tony character. That guy would have been fired so fast for sexual harrassment. And then I had been retired long enough (retired young because federal law enforcement agents are eligible to retire at 50), that Tony became just a television character. And now I actually like him on Bull.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Using PAPER......hahahahahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Making a timeline, on the wall, hahahahahaha.

I love this kind of non-tech research.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Uncovering other people's secrets are like cat-nip to you!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, could have bought me a drink first. LMAO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good show, interesting story. Sometimes it annoys me that people who actually do the right thing end up getting punished for it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whoa, that wife was amazingly determined to get what she wanted. I wonder if they will notice she has no gun residue on her hands and that the stab wounds were so calculatingly placed as to not hit any organs. (At least that is what I believe she did).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oooooh, I forgot about there being no fingerprints because she was wearing gloves....wonder if they still have the shredder where she put the gloves.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just watched the latest Bull.

I knew as soon as they said the father was a veterinarian that she got the drug from his office.

I was really annoyed that they called him 'mister' instead of 'doctor' when he was on the witness stand.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying this season so far. I'm sad Eliza Dushku isn't back on this season and can't seem to find any indication she will be.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mr. Kaplan was the judge on the last episode!!! I wasn't paying much attention just listening and then I heard her voice and had to rewind to confirm!!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes, recognized that voice right away. She looked nice. It was nice to see her.

Aka

01-02-2007

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aka a private message Print Post    
I had already stopped watching this show.
I'm sorry that I missed seeing Mr. Kaplan.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've decided this is my most favorite show. Different strokes, etc.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Love this show!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like this show too. I didn't like the first couple of episodes last year, but hung in there and I am glad I did.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching after the first two episodes. I just found it too unrealistic. I guess it improved.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
A show Jimmer doesn't watch?! Actually this is one of the family favorites!