TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 09, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am really looking forward to seeing "The Orville", I think that is the name of the show...starts Sunday on Fox.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Orville is really fun! I like it a lot. Made me chuckle a few times, and I love SciFi, so it was great.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I gave up on The Orville 1/3 thru. Too vulgar for me. Not fun satire like Galaxy Quest was with Tim Allen.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've read interviews in several articles that the creators say that "The Orville" is not meant to be a spoof of Star Trek. I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot but mainly because it's a total spoof of Star Trek, no matter what they say! The whole look and feel of the show (including the ship and the sets and the aliens...and oh yeah...the Holo-Deck!) is very Star-Trek-like. Even the music is similar! If you liked the original Star Trek and/or TNG, you'll probably enjoy this.

I had high expectations when I first heard of this show and I wasn't disappointed...

I'm all in! :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I totally agree Sanfranjoshfan, and I kept thinking that the robot looking guy sounded exactly like Data.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"LOL, I totally agree Sanfranjoshfan, and I kept thinking that the robot looking guy sounded exactly like Data."

Apparently you're not the only one who noticed that! I didn't notice the voice similarity but his general appearance reminded me of C3PO. :-)

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/is-brent-spinner-on-the-orville-who-plays-the-robot-on-the-orville/
---

I thought Commander Bortus, the alien guy on the bridge who is a Moclan (a species that's all male) sounds a lot like Worf! He's in this promo for the upcoming season....and the A.I. robot guy is heard in it, too...he really does sound like Brent Spiner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVisPe0s2lg

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Video clip that Rhonda Britten posted on her web page of some of the women from Starting Over season 3 (or was it 2?).

Link

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
B.D. Wong (of Law and Order and other stuff) is hosting a fascinating show called "Something is Killing Me".

It is on HLN and about medical mysteries.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch Kevin Probably Saves the World? Loved it. Jason Ritter is such a wonderful leading man. He can say so much with just his eyes. It is exactly the kind of show this world needs right now.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Mamie - We watched and loved it too! Jason Ritter is wonderful. It feels a little like Joan of Arcadia meets Highway to Heaven. It's so different and refreshing. Both funny and touching.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay Mamie I've seen you post about this all over social media and you have me absolutely convinced to at least try this show. Anything you love that much has to be worth the look-see. I will try to find it and report back to you.
Hi Scouty good to see you too!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch Marvels Inhumans? I recorded it by accident and was surprised by how much I liked it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Top of the Lake is coming to the CBC October 25. And Frankie Drake mysteries starts Nov 6

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No one watches " Kevin Can Wait"? I for one am glad they did away with his wife. She just wasn't funny. I think this second season plot line is much better, him as a single dad and of course bringing in Leah Remini as his foil. Second episode in and I can tell it's already much better. I almost gave up on it last season.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched Top of the Lake season 2 on the Sundance channel. It's compelling TV. Not fast moving, moody, raw, with no pat conclusions, not like American TV. It's a breath of fresh air.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I believe it is China Girl Brenda, that is season 2 no?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
While I don't watch Kevin Can Wait on a regular basis, I agree Lake at that it works much better with Remini.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, season 2 of Top of the Lake is China Girl. I hope you find it compelling. I was going to say I hope you enjoy it, but I don't think enjoy is the right word for Top of the Lake.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it was pretty dirty to kill off his wife just to hire Remini and it seems no one in the family misses her. Same as Blue Bloods seems no one misses Linda. It is said she wanted out, but it is also said they were not going to renew her contract.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not caught up on Blue Bloods. Linda is gone?! I guess I need to get caught up!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Sorry, yes Linda is gone. No

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't know what "no" means on my previous post.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
We recently got Amazon Prime and are enjoying seeing a lot of Canadian series that we've never had a chance to see before.
We especially loved the Quest series of reality shows where contestants live as if in certain time periods. Our favorite was Pioneer Quest, but Quest for the Bay was great, too. The scenery was so beautiful in both.
Now, we are watching a series from the 90's - Little Men. It's loosely based on the characters from the book, but it has such a sweet vibe to it. Reminds me a lot of Little House on the Prairie.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Why oh why do they have to keep making nice things scary!!! Now they are ruining Snowmen, hahahahaha, that movie looks really creepy.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Doesn't it Dipo? I just saw that preview today.