TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 26, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Season 7 of Offspring is coming soon!
I read sometime between Sept 2-14 on Netflix.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
yipee...I am absolutely addicted to this show. I have been binge watching for weeks now and am almost finished with season 5...which is really sad, the season not that I am watching it lol.
I think the stories are sad and real at the same time. sometimes life doesn't go the way you expect. I love each of the characters and I miss Darcy.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I finally finished watching all 3 seasons of "Black Mirror". What a great show! I enjoyed all of the stories except for the one episode in season 2 where a cartoon character ran for political office. I couldn't make it through 15 minutes of it. But all the rest were super.

Exactly the same for us. We watched all the shows except the cartoon character one.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I love Offspring too. It's just so wonderful to see such a loving screwed up family. Every character is lovable. That's the best part.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not feeling it, I watched the first episode. I'll keep watching though.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have mixed feelings about Offspring or maybe it's just my mood at times, lol. I wasn't feeling it after the first episode but I continued to watch based on so many positive reactions to the show. I did end up enjoying the first season but then when I began the 2nd season, I had that same initial 'meh' reaction and stopped watching. Maybe I'll pick it up again next winter on a rainy day.

On another note, I watched the first season of Happy Valley and really liked it. It mainly focuses on one police woman and her family. There are alot of subplots going on at once so it's never boring.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Really liked Happy Valley as well. It's a lot darker, though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just noticed that Amazon's "Transparent" is airing on SundanceTV channel in mini marathon form on Wednesday nights. They are in the middle of Season 2 right now. Season 1 is in free on-demand.

I have comcast/xfinity so I don't know if it's this way for everybody. Anyway, I just thought it would be a good time for anybody that doesn't subscribe to Amazon to get a chance to see it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just found this site yesterday. You can go there and find out which series/movies are being released by Netflix. https://streamrelease.com/home/this-months-netflix-release-date-calendar/

I found out that Season 6 of Call the Midwife will be on Netflix on Sept. 18th. Yay!

You can also find out what shows are being released on Hulu on the same site.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Good, I want to know when season 2 of Stranger Things will be released. It seems like it's been such a long wait.

Happy Valley is one of my favorite shows that I've watched on Netflix. There's just something about it that ticks all the boxes for me. I really like the main character (& the actress who plays her).

I recently watched Anne with an "E", and enjoyed it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Great link, Babyjaxmom! Thanks for sharing that!

Whrlwnd - Stranger Things season two premieres Friday, Oct. 27th.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, glad to see you posting and that you are doing okay after the hurricane.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Ozark. I thought it was well done overall.

A major pet peeve of mine is using obviously fake babies, they are so laughably fake that it ruins the scene. It happened in the final episode of Ozark and I remember the fake baby used in the movie Precious was so bad, it looked like she was running with a log of firewood and it completely destroyed any dramatic tension. For pity sake, you can purchase those realistic fake babies in magazines, get the Prop Department a copy of Woman's World.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thank you Strategist, I live in North Tx so we didn't get the effects.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
That's very good to know.

Now, I'm extremely concerned about our friends in Florida and the surrounding areas and islands that have been hit. It's hard to know where people reside, but it has been unusually slow on the site, I think.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you are interested in seeing how members were effected, they are posting in the Weather thread here:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/9200/3343017.html&lm=1505247132

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
'This nearly 2:00 am and I said to myself, "Sugar, go to bed! This staying up all hours must cease!!!" Then I saw Netflix has Season 7 of Offspring so I plan to only watch episode 1 and then go to bed.
Bad Sugar.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Ok Sugar, it is now nearly 3:00 am and there is no need to start episode 2, it will be there tomorrow. You need to look for a job tomorrow, not stay up all night binge watching Offspring. Put that remote down and go to bed and stay there.

TV off, tablet down, off to brush teeth and go to sleep.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good luck, Sugar! :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, I did go to bed but did not sleep well so am tired today.

Am weary of job searching, might be time for episode 2 of Offspring soon.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 15, 2017 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Something seems a bit off with season 7 Offspring, not quite sure what it is. I certainly miss Mick which I find rather funny as I had no patience with Billie and Mick when the series started. I also wonder what happened to Nina's biological father. I don't care for Will and not sure he brings anything interesting to the table.

I am halfway thru season 7.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I finished Offspring , I was ok. Not sure if they plan another season or not, the last episode attempted to tie everything up with a nice little bow.}

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I agree with you about Season 7. Although I did get a little tired of their nonsense in Season 6...They show is always trying to bring other people into the family i.e. Phillip and now Will. Will is kind of growing on me...but oy vey his mother isn't..and Geraldine is kind of ridiculously annoying at this point...
I must add that I love all of their houses or apartments...so modern and so different with those front door entry ways...anyway maybe binging is sometimes too much at one time...:-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Transparent dropped today on Amazon. The family is off to Israel.....Binge on !

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I watched "The Mist". It was very slow moving, like the book but by episode 5 you are in, there is only 10 episodes and it looks like they need to finish the book still. If you enjoy Stephen King, you will enjoy it. No pun intended for the recent movie "It". LOL

As for OFfspring...I still enjoyed it very much, like seeing old friends. I miss Clegg!