TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 06, 2017 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Get the tissues ready.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
cant wait!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The last scene I was totally surprised. Still love this show!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What was the meaning of young (older teen?) Kevin's leg pretty much thigh to ankle being in a plaster cast?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We will find out why it was in a cast later. We will also find out how they got the dog that Kate had and who Randall's girlfriend was. I guess we know some of the how now but not exactly how and why.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
exactly... the cast, the dog and the gf. And why Kate thinks its her fault..

Loved the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the fire.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the teen girlfriend is Sophie. Did they show Randall with a girlfriend? I was on cold meds and may have missed it

Color, i think that was to show us that the fire didnt happen right then because he isnt in a cast at the funeral

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
watch this
https://www.facebook.com/NBCThisIsUs/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
scroll down to the post that says
This Is Us brings people together... one sobfest at a time.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
So...It is been suggested that Kate feels responsible for Jack's death.

It appears there was a fire that may have hastened Jack's departure from this mortal coil. Kate was petting a dog.

Are we to entertain the theory that the house is aflame and Kate is crying/calling/looking for Rover thus prompting Jack, ever the hero, to go back into the house to save Rover but is overcome by the inferno and succumbs to heat, smoke and flame? Kate therefore blames herself for the death of Jack.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's as good a theory as any other, I suppose. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sounds good Sugar :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
really good article

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/this-is-us-creator-how-jack-dies-season-premiere-clue/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
earlier when I said the teen gf was Sophie I thought that's who you all were talking about. I didnt even notice the red head girl comforting Randall!!!

I really have to watch this show twice!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I saw that and thought, "Wait! Randall has a girlfriend?!"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the comments for that article, someone said Miguel had a daughter.. Maybe the redhead comforting Randall is Miguel's daughter?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oooooh, could be!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No comments on the next show?

Jack did go home, he looked in the door organ AS meeting, left, went to a gym and pounded on a heavy bag.

He had a brief flashback to Vietnam.

Interesting stuff about Kate's difficult relationship with her mom, as a teen and to this day.

Kate's fiance let's mom know very clearly that although he wants her to like him, he is Team Mate all the way and he is not letting her complain about Kate to him.

And more.. Anyone watching.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm watching.

Additions to Seamonkey's above report:

Kevin returned to do a "guest" shot on The Manny. Producer overheard him venting about his leaving The Manny to Sophie, then Producer re-wrote ending of The Manny, having Kevin wearing nothing but a man-sized diaper as he was to think like a baby to look for the lost baby. Thanks so support from Sophie, Kevin took it all in stride and did the scene like a champ.

Randall and his wife decided to move forth fostering an older child even though Randall was having second thoughts about dealing with a child who had potential problems by being abused, using drugs, etc. They told their two adorable little girls (who really have grown since last season!) about fostering an older child.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the previews show that foster teen is stealing from Beth (Randall's wife).

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I just love Kate's story line and relate to her relationship with her Mom. Kate seems so vulnerable in a really authentic way and her mom truly is trying to find a way to connect and show appreciation. We know that Kate has always felt insecure and, from a child's perspective her mother was "perfect". She seemed to have no flaws. She was slim, beautiful, dressed well, and sang beautifully. That must have been so hard for an overweight child to deal with -- especially since there was nobody else in the family who was like her. The two of them really do love each other and they try so hard to get along, but they just don't seem to "get" each other.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Do you really think Kate loves Rebecca? I'm not so sure. I think she would like to and wishes she did but she just doesn't. She appears to have loved Jack with all her heart but seems more intimidated and frustrated by Rebecca and has very low self esteem around her. Kate may have a forced fondness for Rebecca but I don't think she truly likes or loves her. She is definitely angry.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Jack was Kate's cheerleader and support. He loved her as she was.

Kate blames herself for his death.

Maybe Rebecca did as well..

And maybe they both blamed Rebecca??

Rebecca seemed most protective of Randall. He was the smart one, the sweet one.

Kate and Kevin had that twin thing going, and that can shut everyone out.

Kate felt the loss of Jack deeply, at some point, Rebecca married Miguel and it seems all three of the kids still resent that, though last season Kevin went to Miguel for advice. Well, he went to Rebecca, she wasn't home, and Miguel proved to be a caring sounding board.

Kate's fiance appreciates Miguel and has earned Rebecca's respect after he firmly let her know he was Team Mate Forever and wasn't letting Rebecca pull him in.

Just saw a preview.. Kevin with an acting gig with Sylvester Stallone!