TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 07, 2017 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If you order Amazon Prime to see programs will the free shipping on purchases be included or is the streaming and purchasing of products online to separate entities?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Amazon Prime is their free two day shipping option, and it's about $100 a year (paid once, not monthly). With that you can stream a selection of their videos for free, but not everything that they have on streaming. I think when they list the video they say something like "$0.00 with Prime" if it's allowed. Downtown Abbey is part of Prime though.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm annoyed Underground was cancelled. I do hope they find a new home for it.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch Room 104 on HBO? It reminds of the Tales from the Darkside or Night Gallery or Twilight Zone. A different story every week but they all take place in the same motel room. I've only seen the first episode, but I liked it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was going to post that it reminded me of "Tales from the Dark Side"! We were thinking the same thing.

That first episode was crazy. This is the kind of show I like. Especially when it's a 30 minute show. An hour would be too drawn out.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Yeah, 30 mins is just right.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
After reading this I looked for it and watched it. Pretty cool show. Amazing what you can do with a couple of good actors and a simple set. As you mentioned, kind of similar to Tales from the Darkside or Twilight Zone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What's neat is every week the episode takes place in that same hotel room, 104, but sometimes in different past decades.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Psych the Movie - December on the USA Network.

Yay!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching American Ripper? I had no idea that Jack the Ripper was an American and they think he was H.H. Holmes, the US's first serial killer who lived in Chicago. It is absolutely fascinating.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to put this - it was just announced that CBS All Access is going to be available in Canada sometime in the first half of 2018 - I'm really hoping this means that the BB live feeds will then be available to us Canadians, without having to jump through hoops

fingers crossed!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Is anyone watching American Ripper? "

I'm watching.

H. H. Holmes is the murderer that the character "James March" (American Horror Story - Hotel) was based on.

However, I don't think they'll prove Holmes was Jack the Ripper. I believe if they had actually found proof of this claim, it would've been leaked to the news long before this series was edited and put on the air. It would be like finding an actual living Bigfoot and being able to keep it under wraps until after the documentary chronicling the search and its capture had already aired.

Interesting theory, though.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I've never watched American Horror Story - mostly because I'm a puss and afraid of scary stuff.

And what do you mean Bigfoot isn't real?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I sometimes wonder what fills the hour that Oprah vacated in the rest of the country of the country. In Chicago -- Windy City Live. Starts with talk. Some celebrity gossip, but not that much -- not like The View or The Talk. Occasionally they will have "big name" guests. More lessers and local people of interest. Today during the discussion. "We have jumped the shark." "We're all fired." "If we're not on Monday, enjoy reruns of the Golden Girls."

I wish everyone could see the show (talk in the first half) today. ROFLMAO

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Colordeagua, I can't even remember what time Oprah was on here, SF Bay Area, or which channel.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
3pm on ABC ch 7 in the LA market.

Now they have sex at 3 (RMAO!! news not sex at 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, sex.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
LOL, Colordeagua, I can't even remember what time Oprah was on here, SF Bay Area, or which channel.

Oprah was on at 9:00 a.m. on ABC in Chicago. (Could see Harpo Studios from my boss' window.) Windy City Live started out in that time slot. Moved around in the 6 - 7 years it's been on. Currently it's on at 1:00 p.m. on ABC.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was reality, but I don't think many would see this over there.

Starting Over season 2 cast. I wish it still was. Where are all the ladies now from all three seasons??

Photo from Rhonda Britten's FB page. Link

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, Oprah was on channel 7 at 4.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mamie.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I liked Starting Over, I even auditioned once. I guess I wasn't what they were looking for, at least at the time. The interviewer was dismissive and a bit rude. A few of the women I talked to certainly seemed to me at difficult if not crisis points in their lives. Heck, one of them told me she had to self medicate just to go to the interview. She "nodded" off and was quite sluggish. Another lady and I let the staff know as we certainly didn't think she should drive.

Remember Andy? I bought a purse from her website years ago.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Color & Sugar, I'm Friends with several of the cast on Facebook especially Kim and Candy. And I was email buddies with the sweet little old lady that died that was a comedian.

Sugar, that's so exciting that you auditioned. I used to fantasize being on that show it was my daily cathartic weeping session watching that show. lol.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well it ended up only being a fantasy in my case.
I don't remember Kim and Candy, I might if I saw pictures.
I recall liking most of the cast but not all of them. I was disappointed when it was canceled.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Isn't Kim standing on the right in the photo? I remember her. Maureen from season 1 was the comedian who died. I remember Andy. Nyanza in season 1 went on an excursion to an Easter Seal Center which is only two blocks from me.

There's no Candy listed in the cast on the IMDB. Maybe Cassie?